|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 More on Social Dilemmas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1950s and 1960s many viewed international conflict, and specifically ____ as a kind of prisoner's dilemma.
(a) Human rights conflicts.
(b) Militia led conflicts.
(c) Political conflicts.
(d) Nuclear conflict.
2. In Chapter 6 one of von Neumann's RAND colleagues in the 1950s was mentioned as whom?
(a) Kurt Godel.
(b) John Nash.
(c) Merrill Flood.
(d) David Hilbert.
3. Over the years variations on the Ohio study have included variables in gender, race and ____.
(a) Books read.
(b) Car ownership.
(c) Eye color.
4. What General believed it was justified to use nuclear weapons in Korea to prevent a North Korean and Chinese victory?
5. Who developed SAGE?
(b) von Neumann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in charge of the Air Force when it provided funding to RAND?
2. What could SAGE detect?
3. What is the name of von Neumann's daughter from his first wife?
4. After what war did the United States engage in a prolonged nuclear arms race with another country?
5. Who appointed von Neumann Atomic Energy Commissioner?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)