|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 More on Social Dilemmas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Later in variations of the Ohio State study, what strategy dominated play?
2. In what year was von Neumann appointed Atomic Energy Commissioner?
3. Which game had a biblical example of how it is played in Chapter 11?
(b) Divide the cake.
4. In ____, two-person games neither player has an advantage.
(b) Perfect information.
(d) Imperfect information.
5. After WWI what did the U.S. push to develop in the hopes of gaining an edge over the Soviet Union?
(b) The hydrogen bomb.
(d) The atom bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. The minimax theorem states that every two-person game that is completely defined and where players are completely opposed, will have a solution in either ____ or mixed strategy.
2. During the Cold War "mutually assured ___" was the deterrence doctrine of the time.
3. Who did the public see as Machiavellian advocates of nuclear war in connection with the wane in game theory interest?
4. In what country did von Neumann earn his PhD in mathematics?
5. When the equilibrium solution is used in the prisoner's dilemma game model it leads to mutual ____.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)