|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 The Bomb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Cold War "mutually assured ___" was the deterrence doctrine of the time.
2. John von Neumann worked with what company to help design a faster, more compact computer?
(a) International Business Machines.
(b) Nixdorf Computer Corp.
(c) Eckert-Mauchly Computer Corp.
3. Whose last work was an attempt to design a human brain based computer.
(a) John Nash.
(b) Kurt Godel.
(c) John von Neumann.
(d) David Hilbert.
4. Bertrand Russell is a ___.
5. Who helped develop a strategy of how to use the bomb to end the war in Japan?
(a) Merrill Flood.
(b) John von Neumann.
(c) John Nash.
(d) Robert Axelrod.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what century did Kriegspiel become popular among the Prussians?
2. In Chapter 1 the author gives examples of hypothetical situations that deal with some kind of ___ problem, such as the two people in different rooms who have to decide whether to push a button.
3. What was the first name of von Neumann's first wife?
4. In Chapter 3 we are presented with examples of games that use mixed strategies, but this does not include which game below?
5. Who played Kriegspiel as a boy?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)