|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 Game Theory and its Discontents.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the RAND Corporation become home to many distinguished scientists?
2. Who was von Neumann's partner in the original development of game theory?
3. When you make a decision in a game that you think your opponent will make, you are using a minimax or ___ strategy.
4. Game theory, according to details in Chapter 3, is a ____ of conflict.
5. Several famous RAND studies looked at how the public would respond to contact with aliens and life after what?
(a) Chemical warfare.
(b) A near death experience.
(c) An alien abduction.
(d) A nuclear war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many prisoner's dilemmas were played in the game's experiment, according to details in Chapter 6?
2. What does IAS stand for?
3. What is it called when both rational opposing parties choose an equal division in a game?
4. Who conducted an experiment to see how real people would respond in the prisoner's dilemma game model?
5. What course topic was von Neumann invited to teach at Princeton?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)