|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 Game Theory and its Discontents.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Later in variations of the Ohio State study, what strategy dominated play?
2. Who was von Neumann's partner in the original development of game theory?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 6, which two colleagues agreed to play the experimental prisoner's dilemmas?
(a) Godel and Cun.
(b) Alchian and Shubik.
(c) Cun and Williams.
(d) Williams and Alchian.
4. Game theory, according to details in Chapter 3, is a ____ of conflict.
5. Many believed that game theory games modeled seemingly perfect but inhuman and ____ players.
(c) Too perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. David Hilbert was a great ____.
2. In what century did Kriegspiel become popular among the Prussians?
3. Several famous RAND studies looked at how the public would respond to contact with aliens and life after what?
4. RAND developed a nuclear fail safe strategy that held that a good second strike capability deterred a first strike by ensuring that the U.S. had plenty of what available?
5. Who played Kriegspiel as a boy?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)