|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 Game Theory and its Discontents.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the original Ohio State studies to what strategy did the black button correspond?
2. In Chapter 6 one of von Neumann's RAND colleagues in the 1950s was mentioned as whom?
(a) David Hilbert.
(b) Kurt Godel.
(c) Merrill Flood.
(d) John Nash.
3. Russell was the first to suggest a different game model for ___ than prisoner's dilemma.
(a) Selling a car.
(b) Negotiating a peace treaty.
(c) Nuclear war.
(d) Building a world government.
4. What course topic was von Neumann invited to teach at Princeton?
(a) Probability and Statistics.
(c) Quantum theory.
5. In what country did von Neumann earn his PhD in mathematics?
(a) The Middle East.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who originally suggested the RAND Corporation as a research and development institute?
2. What is the name of von Neumann's daughter from his first wife?
3. Tic-tac-toe, like the game of ____ , has a finite number of ways it can be played, which can be calculated by a computer.
4. Who conducted an experiment to see how real people would respond in the prisoner's dilemma game model?
5. How old was von Neumann's daughter from his first marriage when she moved in with him?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)