Chapter 1 Dilemmas
1. In Chapter 1 the author gives examples of hypothetical situations that deal with some kind of ___ problem, such as the two people in different rooms who have to decide whether to push a button.
2. In Chapter 1 if the person in one of the rooms pushes the button before their loved one in another room their loved one will be ____.
3. How long do the people, each in separate rooms have to decide about pushing the button before the choice is taken away from them?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
4. In Chapter 1 if neither loved one pushes their button by the time limit what happens?
(a) Both are beaten.
(b) Both die.
(c) Both are set free.
(d) One dies.
5. In Chapter 1, as time runs out for the loved ones, each in a separate room what will each be tempted to do?
(b) Push the button.
(c) Wait it out.
(d) Beg for more time.
This section contains 3,712 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)