|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sultana and Kareem discover that Maha was taking to work with her at the hospital?
2. How does King Fahd look to Sultana in the photo?
3. How did Sultana's daughters react to the stories she told them on the plane?
4. Why did Sultana fear that Amani would turn out like her cousin Lawand?
5. After the decision regarding Aisha, what did Maha say that shocked her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Maha react to the restrictions her parents placed on her in regard to her relationship with Aisha?
2. Describe the story Maha wrote while in London.
3. In the end, explain what the family decided to do about Sultana and the book and how they treated her.
4. Describe Kareem's dream about the holy pilgrimage.
5. Describe what happened after Sultana and Kareem discovered that Maha had taken a pistol to work with her.
6. Describe how the book Princess affected the relationship between Kareem and Sultana.
7. What types of stories did Sultana tell her daughters on the plane, and how did they react?
8. Explain Maha's relationship with Aisha.
9. In explaining a woman's place in Saudi society to their children, describe the example Kareem gave of the Prophet Mohammad's opinion on the subject and Sultana's explanation of what the Koran says about a woman's place among men.
10. Describe why Sultana feared that Amani might turn out like her cousin, Lawand.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the marriage of Sultana's sister, Reema, and her husband, Saleem. What kind of man was Saleem? What kind of woman was Reema? How did their history together possibly indicate the violence that would come when Saleem violently raped her and caused her terrible, lasting injuries?
Essay Topic 2
When Sultana, her husband and Aisha's father all agreed that Maha and Aisha should no longer socialize, Maha flew into a rage and caused her parents to seek psychiatric help for their disturbed daughter. Explain the story of the harem girl that Maha told to her psychiatrist and its implications.
Essay Topic 3
During the family's holy pilgrimage to Makkah, what significant changes in Amani occurred? What fears about her future did Sultana have?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)