|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Abdullah feel about the romance between Jafer and Fayza?
(a) He was in love with Fayza and could not bear to see them together.
(b) He felt betrayed and helped Fayza's family family find them in France.
(c) He supported them and did everything he could to help them be together.
(d) He believed their love was doomed from the start.
2. What part in Abdullah's plan did Sultana actually play?
(a) She warned Abdullah not to get caught, but did not actually participate in the plan.
(b) She played no part.
(c) She planned the entire thing and Abdullah merely followed her orders.
(d) She played no part, but lied to protect Maha from being arrested and executed.
3. What help did Fatma seek from Sultana?
(a) She wanted protection from Kareem, whom she feared.
(b) She thought her family would listen to the princess.
(c) She wanted Sultana to send food and medicine to Fatma's family in Cairo.
(d) She wanted money to guarantee her silence.
4. Where did Jafer and Fayza finally meet in person to start their affair?
(a) At Abdullah's house.
(b) At a mosque.
(c) In a private conference room at Kareem's law firm.
(d) In a public market.
5. When the sisters all gathered to remember their mother, they told Sultana that their mother thought Sultana was a thief. What did Sultana do then that made them all laugh?
(a) She went to her room to retrieve things she had taken from each of them over the years.
(b) She did an impression of their brother, Ali.
(c) She showed them the photos she had stolen from Kareem's secret hiding spot.
(d) She slipped into the Wonder Garment she had stolen and danced for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the family learn that Abdullah had done with the additional item/s he took from the family safe?
2. Why was the family's time in Jeddah less enjoyable because of Amani?
3. After the family's holy pilgrimage, they wished to return to Riyadh, but what forced them to delay the trip home?
4. What suspicions of Sultana did Kareem have after he discovered what Abdullah had stolen from the safe?
5. When Sultana and Fatma returned home, how did Sultana feel on the drive back?
Short Essay Questions
1. With Abdullah's efforts to reunite Jafer and Fayza, what was the final outcome for the two forbidden lovers?
2. Explain what obstacle Ali faced after divorcing his wife, Nada, for the third time.
3. When Sultana went to speak with Fatma's daughter, what was the outcome?
4. When the sisters went to visit with Reema, how did her husband, Saleem, react when he saw Reema's condition?
5. After the family's holy pilgrimage, a sandstorm prohibited them from returning to Riyadh and they travel to their vacation home in Jeddah. Explain how Jeddah was different from Riyadh in regard to its restrictions on women.
6. Explain what happened to Jafer and Fayza after they decided to elope.
7. Explain what Sultana found was missing from the family's safe after Kareem had suspicions about Abdullah's interest in helping his friend Jafer.
8. Sultana had very specific feelings and thoughts about her husband, Kareem, throughout the course of Chapter 9. What were some of her feelings and thoughts, and how did she ultimately feel about being married to a man like Kareem?
9. Describe Saleem's attack on Reema and the outcome for Reema.
10. In the weeks after the holy pilgrimage, Sultana began to see great changes in Amani's actions and personality. Describe some of Amani's actions and personality changes that frightened Sultana and made her fear that Amani might one day join an extremist terrorist cult.
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)