|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sultana's biggest worry with the publication of her first book?
(a) That her sisters would be punished for her actions.
(b) That her identity would be revealed.
(c) That she would be exiled from the country.
(d) That the king would be angry with her.
2. What dream did Kareem have that he tells Sultana was the reason behind his attitude toward the pilgrimage?
(a) He dreamed that his wife was kidnapped.
(b) He dreamed he was trampled to death.
(c) He dreamed that he would be murdered if he allowed his family to attend the pilgrimage.
(d) He dreamed that his family was killed.
3. When her father revealed a copy of Princess to the family, in which language was his copy written?
4. During the purity time before the holy pilgrimage, why was prayer important?
(a) To improve one's standing with Allah.
(b) To become clean.
(c) To ensure tranquility of the soul.
(d) To be forgiven for sins.
5. How did Amani attempt to sabotage her family when they went hunting?
(a) She dismantled their gins and threw ammunition away.
(b) She called the police and reported them.
(c) She refused to eat or speak until they agreed to cancel their hunting trip.
(d) She hid their car keys and made it impossible to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impact on women's rights did the Gulf War have for the women of Saudi Arabia?
2. What personal decision did Maha make after spying on a Saudi man through a peephole?
3. How did Sultana view her son Abdullah's attitude toward women?
4. How does King Fahd look to Sultana in the photo?
5. Why was Amani's love of animals so unique in Saudi Arabia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Kareem's dream about the holy pilgrimage affected his attitude toward participating in it in the future.
2. Each of Sultana's children had different ideas of a woman's place in the world. Describe their attitude toward women at the time immediately following the family's holy pilgrimage to Makkah.
3. When the family was in the final days of their holy pilgrimage and came to the Plain of Mina, explain what was being done with hundreds of goats and other animals and how Amani reacted when she arrived and witnessed what was going on there.
4. Explain the circumstances that led to Sultana's exposure as the author of Princess.
5. What forbidden items did Sultana discover among Maha's possessions, and who did she believe gave them to her?
6. In the end, explain what the family decided to do about Sultana and the book and how they treated her.
7. As Sultana gazed upon a photo of her uncle, the king of Saudi Arabia, Fahd ibn Abdul Aziz, what thoughts and feelings did she have about the man's character?
8. Explain the circumstances of Lawand's life and how she fared.
9. What types of stories did Sultana tell her daughters on the plane, and how did they react?
10. Describe how Amani's family and servants catered to her love of animals.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)