|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Reema come to be married to Aisha's depraved father?
(a) She was kidnapped at knifepoint by hired thieves.
(b) She was used by her father to pay a debt to Aisha's father.
(c) She was a gift to Aisha's father because of a business deal.
(d) Her family was poor and was forced to sell her for money to feed his family.
2. Before the family's pilgrimage in Chapter 4, how often had they made the trip as a group, previously?
(b) Once every decade.
(c) Only once when the children were small.
(d) Every year.
3. How did Amani's brother and sister deal with her changing behavior?
(a) Maha refused to speak to either of her siblings and Abdullah became distant.
(b) Abdullah refused to speak to either of his sisters and Maha became distant.
(c) Maha gave in to her demands and Abdullah fought back.
(d) Abdullah gave in to her demands and Maha fought back.
4. When Fatma gave Sultana the warning from her dream, how did Sultana interpret the message?
(a) As completely meaningless.
(b) As too confusing to understand.
(c) As communication from her dead mother.
(d) As a message from God.
5. What news did Fatma bring Sultana the day after Sultana helped her with a problem?
(a) Her granddaughter had been circumcised the evening before.
(b) She was quitting and would no longer work for Sultana's family.
(c) Her daughter had changed her mind and called off the circumcision.
(d) Her husband had died overnight from lack of medical care.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the sad story of Sultana's cousin, what memorable act did the woman attempt?
2. After the first day of the pilgrimage, what sounds did Sultana hear coming from Amani's room?
3. How did the story of Reema's situation leave Sultana feeling?
4. When Sultana became distressed over problems with her children, how did she begin to damage herself physically?
5. Overall, what did Sultana think of Yousif, Kareem's childhood friend?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)