|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, why does Sultana study the photo of King Fahd?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He has just died.
(c) He is her nemesis.
(d) He is her uncle and the king of Saudi Arabia.
2. As Amani began to change after the family's holy pilgrimage, how did she feel about her family?
(a) She thought they were old-fashioned and needed to embrace the Western world.
(b) She thought they were ostentatious sinners.
(c) She thought they were mocked and ridiculed by the rest of the family.
(d) She thought they were small-minded and unable to sympathize with her need to leave Saudi Arabia.
3. Sultana recalls the sad story of which distant cousin whose plight was described in a Western documentary?
(a) Princess Misha'il.
(b) Princess Noorah.
(c) Princess Anani.
(d) Princess Maha.
4. What unexpected, forbidden items did Sultana find among Maha's possessions when she was packing her things, at the end of Chapter 2?
(b) Books on the occult and witchcraft.
(c) Love letters from a depraved older man.
5. When Kareem and Sultana talked to their children about women and their role in Saudi society, what was their main message?
(a) Saudi society was changing and would become better for women.
(b) Women in Saudi Arabia must always remain subserviant to men because it is what the Koran commands.
(c) Saudi society would never change unless they acted fast.
(d) It was up to their children to bring the plight of women to the attention of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sultana discover was missing from the safe when she checked it after Kareem called her?
2. At the end of the pilgrimage, for which of her children did Sultana worry the most?
3. At the same time that Sultana was dealing with problems with her children, what trouble was Sara having with her daughter, Nashwa?
4. After arriving in London, where did Maha immediately go?
5. Why was Amani's love of animals so unique in Saudi Arabia?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)