|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Fayza back in Saudi Arabia, what did Jafer do with his life?
(a) He moved in with Abdullah and continued to see Fayza secretly for many years.
(b) Moved to Lebanon to try and make a new life for himself.
(c) He returned to Saudi Arabia and tried to forget Fayza.
(d) He moved to America and hired a lawyer to help him free Fayza.
2. Why did the family servant, Fatma, begin wailing and praying while she prepared the family's supper?
(a) She was worried that Kareem was going to fire her the next day.
(b) She knew Sultana's secret and it was tearing her up inside.
(c) Her family in Cairo was starving and she was powerless to help them.
(d) Her granddaughter was to be circumcised that night.
3. How did Abdullah feel about the romance between Jafer and Fayza?
(a) He felt betrayed and helped Fayza's family family find them in France.
(b) He supported them and did everything he could to help them be together.
(c) He believed their love was doomed from the start.
(d) He was in love with Fayza and could not bear to see them together.
4. What injustice to women did the depraved father of Maha's friend, Aisha, commit?
(a) He married girls as young as eleven as temporary brides and then unmarried them.
(b) He married several women at once and then stoned to death the ones who did not conceive within a year.
(c) He sent his wives to live in seclusion in the women's room when he was bored of them.
(d) He divorced his wives when they stopped being able to have children.
5. In the sad story of Sultana's cousin, what memorable act did the woman attempt?
(a) She contacted the authorities in the United States and begged them to rescue her.
(b) She faked her death and tried to escape the country dressed as a man.
(c) She kidnapped her driver at gunpoint and made him drive her to the airport.
(d) She told her husband she was going shopping and actually fled the country with only a passport and a few posessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Reema come to be married to Aisha's depraved father?
2. Why did Sultana enjoy spending time at the family's vacation home in Jeddah?
3. How did Amani's family handle her animal obsession?
4. During the purification process before the holy pilgrimage, what was the policy on cutting hair?
5. What was the purpose of Maha's trip to London in Chapter 3?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)