|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, why did Kareem come home in an angry rush and Sultana feared that he had learned of her book?
(a) He was upset and worried because he just lost his job.
(b) He was worried because he heard a rumor that they were about to be arrested.
(c) He was angry because they have been summoned to Sultana's father's palace.
(d) He was furious because he knows someone in the family has written an expose about the family.
2. In the sad story of Sultana's cousin, what was the main conflict?
(a) She was the 19th wife of an elderly Saudi man who abused her.
(b) She was wrongly accused of adultery and held in the women's room until she died.
(c) She was an American trapped in Saudi Arabia and held against her will.
(d) She was married to an older man and took a forbidden lover.
3. What protection did the title of "princess" afford Sultana when it came to exposing her identity?
(a) There were hundreds of princesses like her in the royal family.
(b) She was safe from any harm or punishment because she was a part of the royal family.
(c) Princesses could get away with things that ordinary people could not.
(d) Anything she did wrong would be blamed on her husband.
4. What unexpected, forbidden items did Sultana find among Maha's possessions when she was packing her things, at the end of Chapter 2?
(b) Books on the occult and witchcraft.
(c) Love letters from a depraved older man.
5. When her father revealed a copy of Princess to the family, in which language was his copy written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Among the purification rituals before the holy pilgrimage, what was not allowed?
2. During the purification process before the holy pilgrimage, what was the policy on cutting hair?
3. After Kareem confronted Noorah about her interactions with Maha, how did Sultana feel about Noorah's despair?
4. After arriving in London, where did Maha immediately go?
5. During the purity time before the holy pilgrimage, why was prayer important?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)