|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their journey back to Caspian, what do they use to help them know the correct direction to go?
2. What weapon does Trumpkin take with him in search of the messengers in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 12, who are NIkabrik's companions at the council?
4. What does Aslan tell Lucy he wants her to do in their night time conversation in Chapter 10?
5. What do they do with Nikabrik's body after he falls in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first words Aslan speaks to Edmund?
2. When Lucy goes on her solitary walk in the woods in Chapter 9; how does she describe her surroundings?
3. Describe the great ship, Splendor Hyaline that Susan and Lucy reminisce about in Chapter 8.
4. How come Susan does not enjoy her archery match against Trumpkin in Chapter 8?
5. Describe the terrain the Pevensies and Trumpkin travel over near the gorge of the Rush in Chapter 10?
6. Describe the Hag who attends the council with Nikabrik and Caspian in Chapter 12.
7. Why do the Narnians decide to go to Aslan's How in Chapter 7?
8. What possible explanation does Trumpkin give for Peter's lack of recognition of the landscape on their journey in Chapter 9?
9. Describe Aslan's How as it is related in Chapter 7.
10. In Chapter 10, what reason does Aslan give Lucy for showing himself to just her first rather than making a triumphant entrance to everyone the way he did during Lucy's last sojourn in Narnia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout Prince Caspian, several characters go through a rapid growth and maturing process due to the experiences they undergo. Using at least two specific examples from the text, discuss how Lewis illustrates this growth and maturing process and how it is central to the overarching theme of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of setting within Prince Caspian. Make sure to discuss at least three different settings and how the descriptions of those settings are integral in the development of the themes and characters.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the point of view utilized by C.S. Lewis in Prince Caspian. As this was a deliberate choice, discuss why Lewis may have selected the view he did and how the view employed was effective in the development of important themes. Make sure to cite specific textual examples to support your assertions.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)