Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what is the first clue to tell Caspian of the approach of Fauns?
2. What is the name of Peter's sword?
3. What does Susan take from the treasure room in Chapter 2?
4. As Prince Caspian rides away from the castle in Chapter 5, what sight does he see?
5. What injuries do the Pevensie children sustain while eating their breakfast in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of Doctor Cornelius as given in Chapter 4.
2. How is the bridge of Beruna destroyed?
3. In Chapter 6, for what reason does Trufflehunter suppose that the Trees have gone into a deep sleep?
4. Describe the great ship, Splendor Hyaline that Susan and Lucy reminisce about in Chapter 8.
5. Describe Aslan's How as it is related in Chapter 7.
6. In Chapter 14, what does Bacchus serve the old woman from the cottage for breakfast?
7. What are the first words Aslan speaks to Edmund?
8. What possible explanation does Trumpkin give for Peter's lack of recognition of the landscape on their journey in Chapter 9?
9. As the Dwarf begins his story in Chapter 3, why are the Pevensie children confused?
10. Following the tussle in the Chapter 12 where Nikabrik and his companions attack Caspian, what is Caspian's opinion of Nikabrik?
Essay Topic 1
What is C.S. Lewis's writing style? Discuss both the mechanical aspect of his writing and his "voice" throughout the novel. Make sure to discuss the literary tools and devices he relies on most and what specific parts of the text reflect his voice.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Prince Caspian, C.S. Lewis has several prominent animal characters that have very specific and unique human attributes. Write an essay that describes two or more of these characters and illustrates how they have taken on human-like characterizations. Also address why C.S. Lewis would have given them these characterizations and how they are effective in adding to the overall creation of the mythical land of Narnia.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of setting within Prince Caspian. Make sure to discuss at least three different settings and how the descriptions of those settings are integral in the development of the themes and characters.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)