|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in Chapter 5, causes Prince Caspian's life to be in danger?
2. What is Caspian's horse's name?
3. In Chapter 3, why is the Dwarf initially uneasy in the castle ruins?
4. What race is Prince Caspian's tutor?
5. In Chapter 6, how many of his people does Reepicheep pledge in service to Caspian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following the tussle in the Chapter 12 where Nikabrik and his companions attack Caspian, what is Caspian's opinion of Nikabrik?
2. Describe the werewolf who attends the council with Nikabrik and Caspian in Chapter 12.
3. How do the Telmarine soldiers react when they finally see Aslan in Chapter 15?
4. Why is Nikabrik initially prejudice against Doctor Cornelius?
5. Describe the first impression the children have of the island as described in Chapter 1.
6. Why are the Telmarines afraid of the sea?
7. As Caspian awaits the council at Dancing Lawn in Chapter 7, how is his daily life different from what he is accustomed to at Miraz's castle?
8. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why are all of the Pevensie children feeling gloomy?
9. Why does Peter wait for Miraz to rise when he trips over his tussock during their contest?
10. When the Pevensies and Trumpkin fall under attack in Chapter 10 and have to retreat the way they came, how does Lucy respond?
Essay Topic 1
A theme that runs as an undercurrent in Prince Caspian that is applicable to contemporary issues today is that of racism as particularly seen between the Telmarines and the Old Narnians. Using textual examples, discuss how C.S. Lewis establishes this theme and how it is relate-able to racism as seen in popular culture today.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout Prince Caspian, there are several journeys made by different characters. Discuss at least two specific journeys and how they could be viewed as extended metaphors for character development of the characters who undertake these journeys.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the point of view utilized by C.S. Lewis in Prince Caspian. As this was a deliberate choice, discuss why Lewis may have selected the view he did and how the view employed was effective in the development of important themes. Make sure to cite specific textual examples to support your assertions.
This section contains 1,944 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)