|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Three Bulgy Bears live?
2. Which of the following is not one of the Prince Caspian's areas of study, as listed in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 6, which of Caspian's companions does not join in the dance with the fauns?
4. In Chapter 6, what is the first clue to tell Caspian of the approach of Fauns?
5. In Chapter 1, when the children feel as though they are being pulled, what do they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the treasure room as the Pevensie children find it in Chapter 2.
2. Why are the Telmarines afraid of the sea?
3. Why is Glenstorm so sure that Caspian's coming signals a war between the Narnians and the Telmarines?
4. What is the difference between a Black Dwarf and a Red Dwarf?
5. Why does Trufflehunter believe it is appropriate for Prince Caspian to become King over Narnia?
6. How have Doctor Cornelius's ancestors survived the rule of the Telmarines?
7. Why is Susan sad after they find the chessman in the castle ruins?
8. In Chapter 4, in what ways does Doctor Cornelius foresee Prince Caspian helping the Old Narnians?
9. In Chapter 3, why is the Dwarf initially apprehensive about the island, woods, and ruins?
10. How did Doctor Cornelius procure Susan's horn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Prince Caspian, C.S. Lewis has several prominent animal characters that have very specific and unique human attributes. Write an essay that describes two or more of these characters and illustrates how they have taken on human-like characterizations. Also address why C.S. Lewis would have given them these characterizations and how they are effective in adding to the overall creation of the mythical land of Narnia.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, C.S. Lewis sets forth several conflicting views of allegiance. Compare and contrast the specific view on the purpose and importance of allegiance as demonstrated by one of the following character pairings:
a) Nikabrik and Trumpkin
b) King Miraz and King Caspian
c) Peter and Lord Glozelle
Give specific textual information on how these characters exhibit and come to these views. Also in the conclusion, address whether or not you feel that C.S. Lewis is purporting one view of allegiance as being correct or true.
Essay Topic 3
In Prince Caspian, much focus is given to the issue of right versus wrong. Using specific characters and situations, discuss how Lewis highlights this dichotomy and specifically how the idea of right versus wrong relates to good versus evil.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)