|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As it begins to get dark on their first night on the island, what do the children do first to prepare for night?
(a) Build a makeshift tent from their overcoats and branches.
(b) Gather branches and build a fire.
(c) They spell out "SOS" with stones on the beach.
(d) They search for and discover a cave in which to spend the night.
2. What land are Caspian's ancestors native of?
(b) The Land of Telmar.
3. What do the Pevensie children do for their first meal on the island?
(a) They share sandwiches they had packed for the train station.
(b) They eat some roots and berries.
(c) They find a large store of nuts.
(d) They find gulls' eggs and cook them.
4. What was the name of the chief mole when the Pevensie children planted the apple orchard during their reign in Narnia?
(b) Mr. Tumis.
5. What does Lucy take from the treasure room in Chapter 2?
(a) Her diamond glass bottle containing magial cordial.
(b) A painting of a faun.
(c) Her crown.
(d) A warm blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what astronomical event does Caspian's tutor plan a midnight lesson around?
2. What event in Chapter 5, causes Prince Caspian's life to be in danger?
3. How do the children see what is behind the door in Chapter 2?
4. At the end of Chapter 5, what do Nikabrik, Trumpkin and Trufflehunter decide to do with Caspian?
5. What is the name of Peter's sword?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of Doctor Cornelius as given in Chapter 4.
2. Describe the first impression the children have of the island as described in Chapter 1.
3. What magical power is attributed to Susan's horn?
4. In Chapter 4, in what ways does Doctor Cornelius foresee Prince Caspian helping the Old Narnians?
5. In Chapter 3, why is the Dwarf initially apprehensive about the island, woods, and ruins?
6. Why are the Telmarines afraid of the sea?
7. In Chapter 1, which Pevensie child tries to persuade the others to save their sandwiches and why?
8. What do the Pevensie children find to the worst part of sleeping out of doors in Chapter 3?
9. Describe the treasure room as the Pevensie children find it in Chapter 2.
10. Describe the appearance of the Dwarf, as described in Chapter 3.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)