|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children eat for dinner on their first night on the island?
(b) They cannot find anything to eat and just go hungry.
(c) Pieces of sandwiches left over from lunch.
(d) Roots and berries.
2. When Prince Caspian was a very young child, who was his favorite person?
(a) His nurse.
(b) The gardener.
(c) His uncle, King Miraz.
(d) His aunt, Queen Prunaprismia.
3. What race is Trufflehunter?
4. What does Lucy take from the treasure room in Chapter 2?
(a) A painting of a faun.
(b) A warm blanket.
(c) Her crown.
(d) Her diamond glass bottle containing magial cordial.
5. What is Prince Caspian's tutor's name?
(b) Professor Rufus.
(c) Doctor Cornelius.
(d) He is not named in the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What artifact does Susan find by the well in Chapter 2?
2. What service does Patterwig perform for Caspian, Trufflehunter and the Dwarfs in Chapter 6?
3. What injuries do the Pevensie children sustain while eating their breakfast in Chapter 3?
4. Which child reasons that time in Narnia moves independently from time in England, in Chapter 2?
5. When Caspian awakens in Chapter 5, what does Nikabrik want to do to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Doctor Cornelius's ancestors survived the rule of the Telmarines?
2. What magical power is attributed to Susan's horn?
3. In Chapter 3, why is the Dwarf initially apprehensive about the island, woods, and ruins?
4. Why doesn't Trufflehunter want to let the Ogre and Hag know about Caspian and invite them to join their force in Chapter 6?
5. Describe the first impression the children have of the island as described in Chapter 1.
6. What character trait are badgers known for, as described by Trufflehunter in Chapter 5?
7. Describe the appearance of the Dwarf, as described in Chapter 3.
8. What is the difference between a Black Dwarf and a Red Dwarf?
9. Why is Susan's horn not in the treasure room in Chapter 2?
10. How did Doctor Cornelius procure Susan's horn?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)