|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Peter's sword?
(a) The Wolf Slayer.
(d) It has no name.
2. When Caspian awakens in Chapter 5, what does Nikabrik want to do to him?
(a) Set him free.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Take care of his wounds.
(d) Return him to King Miraz.
3. What land are Caspian's ancestors native of?
(a) The Land of Telmar.
4. What instruments does Prince Caspian learn to play in Chapter 5?
(a) The recorder and the theorbo.
(b) The piano and the guitar.
(c) A Telemarine horn and Narnian fife.
(d) The lyre and the flute.
5. Why does Prince Caspian dislike Queen Prunaprismia?
(a) Because she openly mocks Caspian in front of his uncle.
(b) Because she reminds him of his mother.
(c) Because she dislikes him.
(d) Because he doesn't really know her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What race is Trufflehunter?
2. In Chapter 6, how many of his people does Reepicheep pledge in service to Caspian?
3. What is the name of the castle the children remember from when they were Kings and Queens of Narnia?
4. What do gifts does Prince Caspian receive from his tutor in Chapter 5?
5. What gift does Caspian accept from the Three Bulgy Bears?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why is the Dwarf initially apprehensive about the island, woods, and ruins?
2. Why doesn't Trufflehunter want to let the Ogre and Hag know about Caspian and invite them to join their force in Chapter 6?
3. Why is Susan's horn not in the treasure room in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 4, in what ways does Doctor Cornelius foresee Prince Caspian helping the Old Narnians?
5. Describe the first impression the children have of the island as described in Chapter 1.
6. Why are the Telmarines afraid of the sea?
7. Why is Glenstorm so sure that Caspian's coming signals a war between the Narnians and the Telmarines?
8. What character trait are badgers known for, as described by Trufflehunter in Chapter 5?
9. As the Dwarf begins his story in Chapter 3, why are the Pevensie children confused?
10. What magical power is attributed to Susan's horn?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)