|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following names is not the name of a Faun listed in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Glenstorm think the meeting at Dancing Lawn should be used for?
(a) A council of war.
(b) A council to deliberate Caspian's eligibilty to rule.
(c) A religious ceremony.
(d) An inaguration of Caspian as the Narnian king.
3. What is the first clue the children find on the island that leads them to believe it was once inhabited?
(a) They discover an overgrown apple orchard.
(b) They find an old sword wedged in a rock.
(c) They come across a statue.
(d) They find an old stone cottage overgrown with flowers.
4. When Prince Caspian's mother was alive, what title did Miraz use?
(c) He had no title before the death of the Queen.
(d) Lord Protector.
5. In Chapter 4, what astronomical event does Caspian's tutor plan a midnight lesson around?
(a) An appearance of a rare commet, called Thusiluas.
(b) A solar eclipse.
(c) The conjunction of the planets Tarva and Alambil.
(d) A meteor shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Prince Caspian was a very young child, who was his favorite person?
2. What is Caspian's horse's name?
3. In Chapter 2, when the children discover ruins of a castle, what are their initial feelings toward it?
4. As the children are on the beach discussing how to get across the channel and off the island, what causes them to go and hide in the forest?
5. What are Naiads?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the Dwarf begins his story in Chapter 3, why are the Pevensie children confused?
2. Describe the appearance of the soldiers in Chapter 3.
3. How did Doctor Cornelius procure Susan's horn?
4. In Chapter 4, in what ways does Doctor Cornelius foresee Prince Caspian helping the Old Narnians?
5. What do the Pevensie children find to the worst part of sleeping out of doors in Chapter 3?
6. What magical power is attributed to Susan's horn?
7. Why are the Telmarines afraid of the sea?
8. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why are all of the Pevensie children feeling gloomy?
9. What is the difference between a Black Dwarf and a Red Dwarf?
10. How have Doctor Cornelius's ancestors survived the rule of the Telmarines?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)