|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to identify the ruins they have found on the island?
2. As it begins to get dark on their first night on the island, what do the children do first to prepare for night?
(a) Build a makeshift tent from their overcoats and branches.
(b) They search for and discover a cave in which to spend the night.
(c) Gather branches and build a fire.
(d) They spell out "SOS" with stones on the beach.
3. What gift does Caspian accept from the Three Bulgy Bears?
(c) He doesn't accept a gift from them.
4. What artifact does Susan find by the well in Chapter 2?
(a) A small knife.
(b) A message in a bottle.
(c) A horn.
(d) A chess-knight.
5. In Chapter 2, when the children discover ruins of a castle, what are their initial feelings toward it?
(a) It gives them a queer feeling.
(b) They are thrilled at the discovery.
(c) They are indifferent to the discovery.
(d) They are scared to go near the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the Dwarf give for his treatment by the soldiers in Chapter 2?
2. What do the children eat for dinner on their first night on the island?
3. What is contained in the bundle, as described in Chapter 3?
4. How do the children see what is behind the door in Chapter 2?
5. What color is the hair of Prince Caspian's aunt, Queen Prunaprismia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of Doctor Cornelius as given in Chapter 4.
2. Why does Trufflehunter believe it is appropriate for Prince Caspian to become King over Narnia?
3. Describe the treasure room as the Pevensie children find it in Chapter 2.
4. Why is Susan sad after they find the chessman in the castle ruins?
5. As the Dwarf begins his story in Chapter 3, why are the Pevensie children confused?
6. Describe the appearance of the soldiers in Chapter 3.
7. Describe the appearance of the Dwarf, as described in Chapter 3.
8. Describe the Pevensie children's first impression of the castle ruins on the island.
9. How did Doctor Cornelius procure Susan's horn?
10. What magical power is attributed to Susan's horn?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)