|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lucy first sees Aslan during her midnight ramble in Chapter 10, how does she respond?
(a) She is initially afraid but waits and watches him.
(b) She runs to him and kisses and hugs him.
(c) She turns around and runs from him, thinking him a wild lion.
(d) She starts singing to him.
2. Why do Trumpkin and the Pevensies turn around and go back the way they came when they get close to crossing the river?
(a) They see a group of soliders and decide to avoid them.
(b) They are warned to turn around by Aslan.
(c) They are attacked with arrows.
(d) They realize that the river is too swift to swim.
3. In Chapter 7, who volunteers to meet whoever the horn may call at Cair Paravel?
(c) Doctor Cornelius.
4. What do they do with Nikabrik's body after he falls in Chapter 12?
(a) They throw it in a river.
(b) They fling it into a pit with other vermin.
(c) They leave it on the chamber floor.
(d) The give it to his people to be buried in Dwarf fashion.
5. Why is Trumpkin uncomfortable from riding in the boat with the Pevensies on their journey to Caspian?
(a) He is sore from rowing much of the way with Peter.
(b) The steering chair is made for a man, not a Dwarf, causing his feet to dangle for hours.
(c) There was no seat for him in the boat and he had to stand the entire journey, greatly fatiguing his legs.
(d) He is unaccustomed to being in the sun for so long and he gets a horrible sunburn.
6. What do the Pevensies and Trumpkin do with the victim of Trumpkin's arrow in Chapter 9?
(a) They bury the remains.
(b) They clean the carcass and take the meat for a future meal.
(c) They leave the corpse and continue on their way.
(d) They push the corpse into the creek.
7. When everything goes dark in the tussle of Chapter 12, who does Edmund think he has captured?
(a) The Hag.
(d) A spy.
8. Following the fencing match in Chapter 8, who has an archery match against Trumpkin?
9. Who is injured in the tussle in Chapter 12?
10. In Chapter 10 what do the Pevensies see at what had once been the fords of Beruna?
(a) A steep ravine.
(b) A large waterfall.
(c) A town.
(d) An army encampment.
11. Who rows the boat as the Pevensies and Trumpkin head for Glasswater Creek?
(a) Edmund and Peter.
(b) Trumpkin and Edmund.
(c) Trumpkin and Peter.
(d) Susan and Edmund.
12. What weapon does Trumpkin take with him in search of the messengers in Chapter 8?
(a) A long sword.
(b) A bow and a quiver of arrows.
(c) A dagger.
(d) He does not take any weapons.
13. On their journey in Chapter 9, what is the first landmark causes Peter to worry that he is lost?
(a) A large cave.
(b) A large bluff.
(c) A large waterfall.
(d) A gorge.
14. Which member of the traveling party in Chapter 9 is most skeptical about the sighting of Aslan?
15. What service does Lucy provide to Trumpkin in Chapter 8?
(a) She fetches his arrow for him after the archery match.
(b) She gives him her sword to use for the fencing match.
(c) She carries his bow and arrows to the archery match.
(d) She heals his shoulder wound with her cordial.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, which of Caspian's original party is still hopeful help from the horn will come?
2. What does the appearance of Aslan indicate to the person who sees it in Chapter 9?
3. When Trumpkin, Edmund and Peter reach the main cavern at Aslan's How in Chapter 12, what do they hear?
4. Why don't the children and Trumpkin build a fire when they reach the shore at Glasswater creek?
5. What epithet does Aslan give Trumpkin in Chapter 11?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)