|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10 what do the Pevensies see at what had once been the fords of Beruna?
(a) An army encampment.
(b) A town.
(c) A large waterfall.
(d) A steep ravine.
2. Who is the victor of the fencing battle in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 7, where do the Narnians decide to go with Miraz following after them?
(a) They surround Miraz's castle.
(b) They decide to stay at Dancing Lawn.
(c) Aslan's How.
(d) Cair Paravel.
4. On their journey back to Caspian, what do they use to help them know the correct direction to go?
(a) The stars.
(b) A map.
(c) A compass.
(d) Familiar Narnian landmarks.
5. Who challenges Trumpkin to a fencing match in Chapter 8?
6. When Lucy first sees Aslan during her midnight ramble in Chapter 10, how does she respond?
(a) She runs to him and kisses and hugs him.
(b) She turns around and runs from him, thinking him a wild lion.
(c) She starts singing to him.
(d) She is initially afraid but waits and watches him.
7. What rare bird to Trumpkin and Peter spot on their journey in Chapter 10?
(a) A heron.
(b) A cardinal.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An albatross.
8. During the tussle in Chapter 12, who saves Doctor Cornelius from being strangled?
9. Why do Trumpkin and the Pevensies turn around and go back the way they came when they get close to crossing the river?
(a) They are warned to turn around by Aslan.
(b) They see a group of soliders and decide to avoid them.
(c) They are attacked with arrows.
(d) They realize that the river is too swift to swim.
10. Why is Trumpkin disappointed that the Pevensies are the help summoned by the horn?
(a) He distrusts humans and was hoping for magical creatures to come.
(b) They are children and he was expecting warriors.
(c) He did not believe the old stories and doesn't like to be proven wrong.
(d) He is not disappointed with the Pevensies, but excited to take them back to Caspian.
11. Which is the last member of the Pevenises to see Aslan in Chapter 11?
(b) Peter, Edmund and Susan see him at the same time.
12. In Chapter 7, who begs to give a brief address before they begin the council?
(b) The Bugly Bears.
(c) The Old Raven.
13. When Lucy wakes in Chapter 10, what does she first see that intrigues her to leave her party?
(a) She sees trees moving and dancing.
(b) She sees Aslan.
(c) She sees a red robin that seems to beckon her to follow.
(d) She see a shooting star and moves to get a better view.
14. What is the name of the morning star of Narnia?
15. As Lucy gets up and goes for a walk away from the others in Chapter 9, what is the first sound she hears?
(a) The song of a nightengale.
(b) The sound of a large animal.
(c) The trees whispering.
(d) Susan calling her back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is injured in the tussle in Chapter 12?
2. In Chapter 7, who volunteers to meet whoever the horn may call at Cair Paravel?
3. Who steers the boat as the Pevensies and Trumpkin head for Glasswater Creek?
4. Which of the following is not one of the Narnian star constellations that Lucy recognizes the night they stay on Glasswater Creek shore?
5. In Chapter 12, who has given up on any help coming from the horn?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)