|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the morning star of Narnia?
2. Why do Trumpkin and the Pevensies turn around and go back the way they came when they get close to crossing the river?
(a) They realize that the river is too swift to swim.
(b) They are attacked with arrows.
(c) They are warned to turn around by Aslan.
(d) They see a group of soliders and decide to avoid them.
3. Which member of the traveling party in Chapter 9 is most skeptical about the sighting of Aslan?
4. Who is the first person (other than Lucy) to see Aslan's shadow in Chapter 11?
5. What service does Lucy provide to Trumpkin in Chapter 8?
(a) She gives him her sword to use for the fencing match.
(b) She fetches his arrow for him after the archery match.
(c) She heals his shoulder wound with her cordial.
(d) She carries his bow and arrows to the archery match.
6. Who is dispatched to meet whoever the horn may call at Lantern Waste in Chapter 7?
7. Who is Peter's favorite sister?
(c) He doesn't really like either of his sisters.
(d) He likes both of his sisters the same.
8. What species is Wimbleweather?
(a) A giant.
(b) A Badger.
(c) A Dwarf.
(d) A Satyr.
9. In Chapter 7, where do the Narnians decide to go with Miraz following after them?
(a) They decide to stay at Dancing Lawn.
(b) They surround Miraz's castle.
(c) Aslan's How.
(d) Cair Paravel.
10. On their journey in Chapter 9, what is the first landmark causes Peter to worry that he is lost?
(a) A large bluff.
(b) A gorge.
(c) A large cave.
(d) A large waterfall.
11. In Chapter 8, what popular book does Lucy compare their summoning to Narnia to?
(a) Gulliver's Travels.
(b) The Arabian Nights.
(c) Treasure Island.
(d) Alice in Wonderland.
12. Who offers to go with Lucy and follow Aslan if the party splits up?
13. What do they do with Nikabrik's body after he falls in Chapter 12?
(a) They throw it in a river.
(b) They leave it on the chamber floor.
(c) The give it to his people to be buried in Dwarf fashion.
(d) They fling it into a pit with other vermin.
14. In Chapter 12, who are NIkabrik's companions at the council?
(a) A Giant and an Ogre.
(b) A Hag and a Wer-wolf.
(c) Two Black Dwarfs.
(d) A Witch and a Ghoul.
15. What do the Pevensies and Trumpkin do with the victim of Trumpkin's arrow in Chapter 9?
(a) They push the corpse into the creek.
(b) They clean the carcass and take the meat for a future meal.
(c) They bury the remains.
(d) They leave the corpse and continue on their way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Trumpkin disappointed that the Pevensies are the help summoned by the horn?
2. What wakes up Lucy from a deep sleep in Chapter 10?
3. Why don't the children and Trumpkin build a fire when they reach the shore at Glasswater creek?
4. When everything goes dark in the tussle of Chapter 12, who does Edmund think he has captured?
5. In Chapter 7, what persuades Caspian to blow Susan's horn?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)