|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Pevensies and Trumpkin continue their journey in Chapter 9, what does Trumpkin shoot with an arrow?
(a) A snake.
(b) A Telmarine solider.
(c) A bear.
(d) A bird.
2. In Chapter 11, as the Pevensies contemplate splitting up the party, who does Trumpkin plan on following?
3. In Chapter 9, which member of the party is reduced to tears over the direction they have decided to proceed?
4. Who is dispatched to meet whoever the horn may call at Lantern Waste in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 7, what persuades Caspian to blow Susan's horn?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) Reepicheep convinces him to use it.
(c) He has a dream about blowing the horn.
(d) The battles are going poorly.
6. Which member of the party first spots Aslan on their journey in Chapter 9?
7. What service does Lucy provide to Trumpkin in Chapter 8?
(a) She carries his bow and arrows to the archery match.
(b) She heals his shoulder wound with her cordial.
(c) She fetches his arrow for him after the archery match.
(d) She gives him her sword to use for the fencing match.
8. In Chapter 8, what popular book does Lucy compare their summoning to Narnia to?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Arabian Nights.
(c) Treasure Island.
(d) Gulliver's Travels.
9. Who rows the boat as the Pevensies and Trumpkin head for Glasswater Creek?
(a) Edmund and Peter.
(b) Susan and Edmund.
(c) Trumpkin and Peter.
(d) Trumpkin and Edmund.
10. What is the name of the morning star of Narnia?
11. In Chapter 11, why does Susan believe she cannot see Aslan?
(a) Because he isn't there and Lucy has been dreaming.
(b) Because she has poor eyesight.
(c) Because she is not ready to see Aslan.
(d) She does see Aslan, but refuses to admit it.
12. Which member of the traveling party in Chapter 9 is most skeptical about the sighting of Aslan?
13. When Lucy wakes in Chapter 10, what does she first see that intrigues her to leave her party?
(a) She sees trees moving and dancing.
(b) She sees Aslan.
(c) She sees a red robin that seems to beckon her to follow.
(d) She see a shooting star and moves to get a better view.
14. As the Pevensies and Trumpkin descend a steep trail down to the gorge in Chapter 11, which member complains the most?
15. In Chapter 10 what do the Pevensies see at what had once been the fords of Beruna?
(a) An army encampment.
(b) A steep ravine.
(c) A town.
(d) A large waterfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy first sees Aslan during her midnight ramble in Chapter 10, how does she respond?
2. What do the Pevensies and Trumpkin do with the victim of Trumpkin's arrow in Chapter 9?
3. During the tussle in Chapter 12, who saves Doctor Cornelius from being strangled?
4. When Lucy wakes up Edmund in Chapter 10, how does he respond?
5. In Chapter 7, who begs to give a brief address before they begin the council?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)