|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to all of the great lords who had known Prince Caspian's father, after the Queen died?
(a) They all became supporters of King Miraz.
(b) They all changed their names and went into hiding.
(c) They all left to fight a battle against a distant country.
(d) They all died or disappeared.
2. When the children first find themselves on the beach in Chapter 1, what do they do first?
(a) They start erecting a shelter.
(b) They start crying and commiserating that they are lost.
(c) They take of their shoes and wade in the water.
(d) They immediately start looking for food.
3. What injuries do the Pevensie children sustain while eating their breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Bleeding gums.
(b) They don't sustain any injuries during breakfast.
(c) Singed taste buds.
(d) Burnt fingers.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Glenstorm think the meeting at Dancing Lawn should be used for?
(a) A council of war.
(b) A council to deliberate Caspian's eligibilty to rule.
(c) A religious ceremony.
(d) An inaguration of Caspian as the Narnian king.
5. What items does Peter take from the treasure room in Chapter 2?
(a) A book containing maps of Narnia.
(b) A full suit of armor.
(c) His sword and shield.
(d) His crown.
6. In Chapter 3, what reason does the author interject for giving his own version of Prince Caspian's story rather than the Dwarf's version?
(a) He would like to give more detail about the story than the Dwarf does.
(b) The Dwarf's telling is more dull compared to the author's exciting descriptions.
(c) He doesn't know the Dwarf's story.
(d) The Dwarf's version would be too long and confusing.
7. What gifts do the Seven Brothers of Shuddering Wood give Caspian in Chapter 6?
(a) A ring with the crest of Aslan on it.
(b) A large store of arrows with a new bow.
(c) A detailed map of all Narnia's rivers and caves.
(d) Mail shirts, helmets and swords.
8. When Prince Caspian's mother was alive, what title did Miraz use?
(a) He had no title before the death of the Queen.
(c) Lord Protector.
9. In Chapter 6, what is the first clue to tell Caspian of the approach of Fauns?
(a) He hears music and faint drumming.
(b) He can see the gleam cast from their horns.
(c) They send ahead a messenger bird telling of their approach.
(d) He can smell them.
10. What does Lucy take from the treasure room in Chapter 2?
(a) A warm blanket.
(b) A painting of a faun.
(c) Her crown.
(d) Her diamond glass bottle containing magial cordial.
11. What do gifts does Prince Caspian receive from his tutor in Chapter 5?
(a) A horse and a cloak.
(b) A purse of gold and Susan's horn.
(c) A sword and a shield.
(d) A map and a compass.
12. How many steps go down to the treasure room in the ruins?
(c) There are no stairs down to the treasure room, just a gentle, sloping walk.
13. What reason does the Dwarf give for his treatment by the soldiers in Chapter 2?
(a) He got into an argument with the soliders over politics.
(b) He has no idea why he was being mistreated by the soldiers.
(c) He was betrayed for a crime he did not commit.
(d) He claims to be a dangerous criminal.
14. As Prince Caspian rides away from the castle in Chapter 5, what sight does he see?
(a) His tutor standing on the great tower waving goodbye.
(b) The castle guards shooting arrows after him.
(c) Fireworks celebrating the birth of Miraz's son.
(d) A comet streaking behind the castle.
15. What service does Patterwig perform for Caspian, Trufflehunter and the Dwarfs in Chapter 6?
(a) He takes messages to others about a rendezvous.
(b) He finds Caspian's horse and brings it back to them.
(c) He gathers food for their lunch.
(d) He agrees to be a lookout for Trufflehunter's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Naiads?
2. What is Caspian's horse's name?
3. What do the children eat for dinner on their first night on the island?
4. What was the name of the chief mole when the Pevensie children planted the apple orchard during their reign in Narnia?
5. What instruments does Prince Caspian learn to play in Chapter 5?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)