|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 5, what do Nikabrik, Trumpkin and Trufflehunter decide to do with Caspian?
(a) They decide to kill him after he is fully recovered.
(b) They decide to keep him prisoner.
(c) They decide to take Caspian to see the other Old Narnians.
(d) They decide to take him back to King Miraz.
2. What is the first clue the children find on the island that leads them to believe it was once inhabited?
(a) They discover an overgrown apple orchard.
(b) They find an old stone cottage overgrown with flowers.
(c) They find an old sword wedged in a rock.
(d) They come across a statue.
3. What artifact does Susan find by the well in Chapter 2?
(a) A message in a bottle.
(b) A small knife.
(c) A chess-knight.
(d) A horn.
4. When the children first find themselves on the beach in Chapter 1, what do they do first?
(a) They immediately start looking for food.
(b) They take of their shoes and wade in the water.
(c) They start crying and commiserating that they are lost.
(d) They start erecting a shelter.
5. What are Naiads?
(a) A type of faun.
(b) People who lived in streams.
(c) A talking animal.
(d) People who lived in caves.
6. Who jumps into the water to recover the boat, after the soldiers abandon it in Chapter 3?
(a) Susan and Peter.
(b) The Dwarf.
7. Which of the following is not one of the Prince Caspian's areas of study, as listed in Chapter 5?
8. What injuries do the Pevensie children sustain while eating their breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Singed taste buds.
(b) They don't sustain any injuries during breakfast.
(c) Burnt fingers.
(d) Bleeding gums.
9. What gift does Caspian accept from the Three Bulgy Bears?
(b) He doesn't accept a gift from them.
10. As the children are on the beach discussing how to get across the channel and off the island, what causes them to go and hide in the forest?
(a) The hear the distant sound of a group of horses and men approaching.
(b) They see a large bear.
(c) They are afraid of getting sunburned.
(d) They spot a boat with two soliders approaching.
11. What was the name of the chief mole when the Pevensie children planted the apple orchard during their reign in Narnia?
(b) Mr. Tumis.
12. In Chapter 2, how do the children open the door they find in the castle ruins?
(a) They burn the door down by making a fire at its base.
(b) They are unable to open the door.
(c) They discover a key to its lock.
(d) They break down the rotting wood with pocket knives.
13. In Chapter 4, what astronomical event does Caspian's tutor plan a midnight lesson around?
(a) An appearance of a rare commet, called Thusiluas.
(b) A solar eclipse.
(c) A meteor shower.
(d) The conjunction of the planets Tarva and Alambil.
14. What items does Peter take from the treasure room in Chapter 2?
(a) His sword and shield.
(b) His crown.
(c) A full suit of armor.
(d) A book containing maps of Narnia.
15. What race is Prince Caspian's tutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Caspian's tutor select the tower he does for the astronomy lesson?
2. What reason does the Dwarf give for his treatment by the soldiers in Chapter 2?
3. What event in Chapter 5, causes Prince Caspian's life to be in danger?
4. When Prince Caspian was a very young child, who was his favorite person?
5. How did Prince Caspian's father die?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)