|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the children first find themselves on the beach in Chapter 1, what do they do first?
(a) They immediately start looking for food.
(b) They start erecting a shelter.
(c) They start crying and commiserating that they are lost.
(d) They take of their shoes and wade in the water.
2. Why do Prince Caspian and his tutor return to their beds after only a short midnight lesson in Chapter 4?
(a) Someone interrupts their lesson and they decide to continue it another night.
(b) Prince Caspian is extremely tired.
(c) They are afraid someone may be looking for them.
(d) Caspian's tutor is extremely tired.
3. In Chapter 6, how many of his people does Reepicheep pledge in service to Caspian?
4. How many steps go down to the treasure room in the ruins?
(a) There are no stairs down to the treasure room, just a gentle, sloping walk.
5. In Chapter 3, why is the Dwarf initially uneasy in the castle ruins?
(a) He is worried about the return of the soliders.
(b) He finds the place very spooky and "smelling of ghosts."
(c) He isn't uneasy, just curious about the place.
(d) He does not trust the Pevensie children.
6. What does Lucy take from the treasure room in Chapter 2?
(a) A warm blanket.
(b) Her diamond glass bottle containing magial cordial.
(c) Her crown.
(d) A painting of a faun.
7. What gift does Caspian accept from the Three Bulgy Bears?
(c) He doesn't accept a gift from them.
8. Which of the following names is not the name of a Faun listed in Chapter 6?
9. In Chapter 2, how do the children open the door they find in the castle ruins?
(a) They are unable to open the door.
(b) They break down the rotting wood with pocket knives.
(c) They burn the door down by making a fire at its base.
(d) They discover a key to its lock.
10. When Prince Caspian's mother was alive, what title did Miraz use?
(b) Lord Protector.
(c) He had no title before the death of the Queen.
11. Which child reasons that time in Narnia moves independently from time in England, in Chapter 2?
12. What instruments does Prince Caspian learn to play in Chapter 5?
(a) The lyre and the flute.
(b) A Telemarine horn and Narnian fife.
(c) The piano and the guitar.
(d) The recorder and the theorbo.
13. How do the children see what is behind the door in Chapter 2?
(a) They are unable to see in the darkness and wait until morning.
(b) They find sconces to light with fire along the stairway.
(c) They make their own torches from sticks and light them on fire.
(d) They use Edmund's electric torch.
14. As it begins to get dark on their first night on the island, what do the children do first to prepare for night?
(a) Gather branches and build a fire.
(b) They spell out "SOS" with stones on the beach.
(c) They search for and discover a cave in which to spend the night.
(d) Build a makeshift tent from their overcoats and branches.
15. What does Susan take from the treasure room in Chapter 2?
(a) A beautiful necklace.
(b) A dress of fine Narnian wool.
(c) Her crown.
(d) Her bow and arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Three Bulgy Bears live?
2. What are Naiads?
3. How did the Fauns hear about Caspian and come to him in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 4, what astronomical event does Caspian's tutor plan a midnight lesson around?
5. What is the first clue the children find on the island that leads them to believe it was once inhabited?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)