|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does Glenstorm have?
2. Why does Prince Caspian dislike Queen Prunaprismia?
(a) Because she reminds him of his mother.
(b) Because he doesn't really know her.
(c) Because she dislikes him.
(d) Because she openly mocks Caspian in front of his uncle.
3. Why do Prince Caspian and his tutor return to their beds after only a short midnight lesson in Chapter 4?
(a) Someone interrupts their lesson and they decide to continue it another night.
(b) Caspian's tutor is extremely tired.
(c) They are afraid someone may be looking for them.
(d) Prince Caspian is extremely tired.
4. Who jumps into the water to recover the boat, after the soldiers abandon it in Chapter 3?
(b) The Dwarf.
(c) Susan and Peter.
5. In Chapter 2, when the children discover ruins of a castle, what are their initial feelings toward it?
(a) It gives them a queer feeling.
(b) They are indifferent to the discovery.
(c) They are thrilled at the discovery.
(d) They are scared to go near the castle.
6. What gift does Caspian accept from the Three Bulgy Bears?
(d) He doesn't accept a gift from them.
7. What is the name of the castle the children remember from when they were Kings and Queens of Narnia?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Chateau Narnia.
(c) Cair Paravel.
(d) Aslan's Lair.
8. After they procure the boat from the soldiers, how do the children get breakfast?
(a) They use nets from the boat to catch crabs.
(b) They use a frying pan from the boat to cook their apples.
(c) They fish with tackle on the boat.
(d) They find all of the food they need stored on the boat.
9. As Prince Caspian rides away from the castle in Chapter 5, what sight does he see?
(a) A comet streaking behind the castle.
(b) The castle guards shooting arrows after him.
(c) Fireworks celebrating the birth of Miraz's son.
(d) His tutor standing on the great tower waving goodbye.
10. In which country do the Pevensie children normally reside?
(a) The United States.
11. What artifact does Susan find by the well in Chapter 2?
(a) A small knife.
(b) A horn.
(c) A chess-knight.
(d) A message in a bottle.
12. What is contained in the bundle, as described in Chapter 3?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) A small child.
(c) An animal.
(d) A box of letters.
13. What do the Pevensie children do for their first meal on the island?
(a) They find a large store of nuts.
(b) They eat some roots and berries.
(c) They find gulls' eggs and cook them.
(d) They share sandwiches they had packed for the train station.
14. In Chapter 6, what does Glenstorm think the meeting at Dancing Lawn should be used for?
(a) A council to deliberate Caspian's eligibilty to rule.
(b) An inaguration of Caspian as the Narnian king.
(c) A council of war.
(d) A religious ceremony.
15. Why does the Dwarf agree to tell his story before the children relate their story in Chapter 3?
(a) The children saved his life and thus are entitled to his story first.
(b) He already knows the children's story from another source.
(c) He has no interest in the children's story.
(d) He doesn't give a reason, but just promptly begins to tell his plight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is Patterwig?
2. In Chapter 6, which of Caspian's companions does not join in the dance with the fauns?
3. At the end of Chapter 5, what do Nikabrik, Trumpkin and Trufflehunter decide to do with Caspian?
4. In Chapter 1, when the children feel as though they are being pulled, what do they do?
5. Why don't Caspian's gentlemen-in-waiting wake up when he enters to supper room in Chapter 5?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)