|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children see what is behind the door in Chapter 2?
(a) They make their own torches from sticks and light them on fire.
(b) They are unable to see in the darkness and wait until morning.
(c) They use Edmund's electric torch.
(d) They find sconces to light with fire along the stairway.
2. Who jumps into the water to recover the boat, after the soldiers abandon it in Chapter 3?
(a) Susan and Peter.
(b) The Dwarf.
3. As the children are on the beach discussing how to get across the channel and off the island, what causes them to go and hide in the forest?
(a) The hear the distant sound of a group of horses and men approaching.
(b) They spot a boat with two soliders approaching.
(c) They see a large bear.
(d) They are afraid of getting sunburned.
4. In Chapter 1, when the children feel as though they are being pulled, what do they do?
(a) They start arguing among themselves.
(b) The run away from the train station.
(c) They decide to hold hands.
(d) They find an adult to help them.
5. What reason does Susan give for missing the soldiers with her arrow in Chapter 3?
(a) She was distracted by the appearance of the Dwarf.
(b) She was not shooting to kill.
(c) They moved at the last instant.
(d) Her bow is old and has lost some of its accuracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Dwarf agree to tell his story before the children relate their story in Chapter 3?
2. What items does Peter take from the treasure room in Chapter 2?
3. What do the children eat for dinner on their first night on the island?
4. Which of the Pevensie children is a prize winning swimmer?
5. As it begins to get dark on their first night on the island, what do the children do first to prepare for night?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)