|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack claim caused the explosion at the Xymos fabrication facility?
2. Who brings Jack the missing code he needs?
3. Which animal does the structure in the main fabrication building look like?
4. Who owns the dirt bike that Jack finds?
5. What stage does Jack think that nanotechnology is still in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jack and Ricky discussing when the alarm goes off?
2. Why does Jack decide to go back out into the desert once the sun goes down on Day 6?
3. Why does Mae request a second look at the dead rabbit?
4. Why does Jack have a hard time believing that the swarm is capable of eating its prey?
5. Why is the team safest in the desert when the wind speed is high?
6. Who does Jack see the swarm mimic when he is inside their nest?
7. Why are the scientists unable to collect the units when they become deactivated at night when there is no sun to power them?
8. What is Charley's health like when he joins the team for dinner on Day 6?
9. How does Jack save Charley and himself and get back to the compound before the swarm can catch them?
10. Where do Jack, Mae, and Bobby find Rosie's body when they go back outside on Day 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining how Ricky's personality changes throughout the story. What types of things does he joke about when Jack catches him in the supermarket? How is Ricky's behavior much different after Jack reaches the facility? How does he treat Jack when they are working together? What types of suspicious things does he do that eventually leads Jack to suspect him? Provide specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Technology is the most dominant element in Prey. Write an essay exploring the ideas of technology and technological advances. How is technology important to the story? How do technological advances both hinder and help the protagonists? What lesson is to be learned from the story when it comes to technology and using it wisely? Provide specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is an element several of the characters experience. While some characters are more sacrificial than others, there are many instances of people trying to help each other in times of duress and need. Write an essay detailing the sacrificial actions some of the characters take for others. Which character sacrifices the most? How so? Explain. Which characters sacrifice the least? Why? Are there any characters that do nothing for anyone but themselves? If so, who is it and why do they do it? Provide specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)