|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the team think they see outside of the facility when they are eating dinner?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A child.
(c) A woman.
(d) A man.
2. Who wanted to keep the swarm alive when it was suggested the first time that it should be destroyed?
3. Who keeps trying to kiss Jack in order to spread the nanos?
4. Why does Ricky say he locks the door to Jack's room?
(a) He says it was for Jack's own safety.
(b) He says the locks are automatic.
(c) He says Mae made him do it.
(d) He says he does not trust Jack.
5. What do the survivors of the initial swarm attack take refuge in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What stage does Jack think that nanotechnology is still in?
2. At what time does the team venture back out into the desert on Day 6?
3. Who chases Charley into the communications room on the security tape?
4. How does Jack feel when he learns the truth about the Xymos manufacturing process?
5. Who is in the room with the giant structure in the main fabrication building when Jack and Ricky arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Jack and the others unable to contact the outside world when they return to the facility on Day 7?
2. What does the swarm look like when Jack first sees it?
3. Why are the scientists unable to collect the units when they become deactivated at night when there is no sun to power them?
4. Whom do Jack and Mae see on the security tape? What are the people on the tape doing?
5. Why does Jack suggest they drink the brown sludge that comes from the bacteria tanks?
6. Why does Jack decide to go back out into the desert once the sun goes down on Day 6?
7. Why does Jack suspect that Ricky is more involved with the swarms than he is admitting?
8. How is the manufactured swarm able to fly?
9. How does Jack feel when he sees the swarms hunting in the desert for the first time?
10. Why does the team in the desert take refuge in the storage unit?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)