|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mae use to destroy a few of the swarms?
(a) Water balloons.
(c) Thermite caps.
(d) Canned air.
2. What object does Charley lose while out in the desert with the others?
(a) His keys.
(b) His microphone.
(c) His buzzball.
(d) His left shoe.
3. What type of medicine does Jack take for the pain he feels from his injuries?
4. What does Jack suspect Ricky of doing?
(a) Communicating with the army.
(b) Withholding information.
(c) Feeding the swarm.
(d) Teaching the swarm.
5. Which character is the first to die to the swarm?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the swarm able to hear?
2. Why is Jack's voice hoarse when he talks to Julia on Day 7?
3. How much electricity is generated by the field magnets in the main fabrication building?
4. Who owns the dirt bike that Jack finds?
5. Who is in the room with the giant structure in the main fabrication building when Jack and Ricky arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the airlock not close when Jack pulls Charley's unconscious body inside?
2. How do Jack and Mae kill off the swarms?
3. Who does Jack see the swarm mimic when he is inside their nest?
4. How is Mae able to cover up the truth from Julia when she comes in the room and asks what she and Jack are doing on Day 7?
5. Why is the swarm self-sustaining?
6. Why does Jack decide to go back out into the desert once the sun goes down on Day 6?
7. Why does Jack have a hard time believing that the swarm is capable of eating its prey?
8. What happens when the three survivors take shelter in the cars?
9. Why does Jack suspect that Ricky is more involved with the swarms than he is admitting?
10. Why does Mae request a second look at the dead rabbit?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)