|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in the room with the giant structure in the main fabrication building when Jack and Ricky arrive?
(a) David and Rosie.
(b) Julia and Eric.
(c) Charley and Julia.
(d) Rosie and Vince.
2. Which of the characters is the only one with real field experience?
3. Who begs Jack to save the children?
4. What does the team in the desert use to communicate?
(a) Hand radios.
(b) Cell phones.
5. What does Jack think it is safest for the group to do in the presence of the swarm?
(a) Jump in the air.
(b) Split up.
(c) Stick together.
(d) Hide under a car.
6. Why can the team not find the swarm at night?
(a) It dies.
(b) It hides.
(c) It camouflages.
(d) It disappears.
7. At what time does the team venture back out into the desert on Day 6?
(a) 11: 22 PM.
(b) 10:43 PM.
(c) 11:00 PM.
(d) 8:45 PM.
8. Who plants to go back out into the desert at night on Day 6?
9. How long does Jack take a shower for?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
10. Who tries to kiss Jack in his dream on Day 7?
11. What object does Jack lose in one of the explosions out in the desert on Day 6?
(a) His hat.
(b) His night vision goggles.
(c) His watch.
(d) His cell phone.
12. What time is the sun supposed to set on Day 6?
(a) Around 6:00.
(b) Around 4:00.
(c) Around 7:20.
(d) Around 5:30.
13. Who chases Charley into the communications room on the security tape?
14. Which two people stay behind when the team goes to retrieve the isotopes?
(a) Jack and Julia.
(b) Rosie and Mae.
(c) Ricky and Bobby.
(d) Mae and Ricky.
15. How large was the logo the xenon atoms formed during the IBM experiment?
(a) Half an inch.
(b) One ten-billionth of an inch.
(c) One inch.
(d) One hundredth of an inch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is creating assemblers complicated?
2. What object does Charley lose while out in the desert with the others?
3. What does the cave smell like that the team in the desert finds?
4. At what temperature is reaction efficiency at its maximum?
5. Why is the structure in the main fabrication building so bright?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)