|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Jack the missing code he needs?
2. Why do Julia, Ricky, Vince, and Bobby sleep with the lights on?
(a) Because the swarm will invade at night.
(b) Because they are infested with the nanos.
(c) Because it is safer with the lights on.
(d) Because they are afraid of the dark.
3. Which of the characters is the only one with real field experience?
4. How many volts of electricity are used to cool the doughnut-like structure Ricky shows Jack?
(a) Ten kilovolts.
(b) Thirty kilovolts.
(c) Fifty kilovolts.
(d) Fifteen kilovolts.
5. Why does Jack get angry with Julia and Ricky on Day 7?
(a) Because they lock him in his room.
(b) Because he finds out they were having an affair.
(c) Because they are jealous of his relationship with Mae.
(d) Because he thinks they are messing with him.
6. Who panics and starts crying first when the swarm is near?
7. How long does Jack take a shower for?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
8. Why does Ricky say he locks the door to Jack's room?
(a) He says it was for Jack's own safety.
(b) He says he does not trust Jack.
(c) He says Mae made him do it.
(d) He says the locks are automatic.
9. Who lied about the video playback?
10. Who is in the room with the giant structure in the main fabrication building when Jack and Ricky arrive?
(a) David and Rosie.
(b) Charley and Julia.
(c) Rosie and Vince.
(d) Julia and Eric.
11. What was the public's reaction to the IBM atom experiment?
12. Why does Jack tell Julia to contact the Army on Day 7?
(a) Because he does not trust Ricky.
(b) Because he wants them to destroy the facility.
(c) Because he fears the swarms are not all dead.
(d) Because he is too tired to finish the job.
13. Who wanted to keep the swarm alive when it was suggested the first time that it should be destroyed?
14. Who does Mae shame into going out into the desert at night with her and Jack?
15. What object does Jack lose in one of the explosions out in the desert on Day 6?
(a) His watch.
(b) His night vision goggles.
(c) His hat.
(d) His cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is the sun supposed to set on Day 6?
2. What does Jack think it is safest for the group to do in the presence of the swarm?
3. Who wanted to test the swarm for intelligence early on before it started evolving?
4. What is the diameter of the doughnut shaped structure that Ricky shows Jack?
5. Which character does Jack save from the swarm in the desert?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)