|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Owen ask Johnny to meet him?
(a) At the Episcopalian church.
(b) At Gravesend Academy.
(c) At the monument shop.
(d) At Meany Quarry.
2. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
3. What is it about Owen that fascinates the person from Tabitha's past?
(a) His voice.
(b) His height.
(c) His confidence.
(d) His religious zeal.
4. When Owen sees his parents in the audience, what does he shout from the stage?
(a) Get out of here!
(b) I'm so glad you could make it.
(c) What do you think you're doing here?
(d) Who invited you?
5. Who, from Tabitha's past life, does Owen set up an appointment for the boys to meet?
(a) Tabitha's elementary school teacher.
(b) Tabitha's first boyfriend.
(c) Tabitha's childhood neighbor.
(d) Tabitha's singing teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city do Owen and Johnny travel to on their holiday from school?
2. When Owen repeats the line, "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument," how does Johnny respond?
3. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
4. What did Tabitha purchase from the store in Boston called Jerrolds?
5. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the boys' grades once they get to the University?
2. What does the letter that Johnny receives from the draft board say?
3. What goes wrong during the Christmas pageant?
4. What happens when Johnny goes to meet Owen at the monument shop?
5. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
6. What significant events happen when Randall White is elected headmaster?
7. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
8. What does Owen hope to do upon graduation from the University, and why?
9. What did Tabitha tell the boys about her red dress?
10. What happens when Owen, as The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, takes Scrooge to his grave?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)