|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death causes a downward spiral for Owen?
(a) Hester Eastman's.
(c) Dan Needham's.
(d) Harry Hoyt's.
2. What realization does Johnny make during the performance of "A Christmas Carol"?
(a) That Dan Needham is evil.
(b) That Owen is going to die.
(c) That his mother is still with him.
(d) That he knows who his father was.
3. Which character carries the screaming Owen off stage?
(a) The wiseman.
(b) The Angel.
(d) The shepherd.
4. For his new sport, Owen has perfected a new skill. How long does he give himself to perform this new skill?
(a) Four minutes.
(b) Fourteen minutes.
(c) Fourteen seconds.
(d) Four seconds.
5. How is Owen feeling on the night of the Christmas pageant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hester protesting?
2. With everything that goes wrong in the pageant, how does the audience respond to the show?
3. How does Owen respond when Dan suggests that he invite his parents to the play performance?
4. What does Owen say before he makes the cut on Johnny?
5. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Owen hope to do upon graduation from the University, and why?
2. What happens to the boys' grades once they get to the University?
3. What does the letter that Johnny receives from the draft board say?
4. What goes wrong during the Christmas pageant?
5. How does Barb Wiggin treat Owen, and what is his reaction?
6. What does Owen look like when he is 16?
7. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
8. What significant events happen when Randall White is elected headmaster?
9. What is ironic of Johnny's job as an adult?
10. What happens with Owen's collegiate schooling after he is kicked out of Gravesend Academy?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)