|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny react to Owen's date for the dance?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is furious.
2. Who dies on the evening of the Christmas performance?
(a) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
(b) Mary Beth Baird.
(c) Katherine Keeling.
3. What does Owen say about the nuns?
(a) They're angels.
(b) They're unnatural.
(c) They're beautiful.
(d) They're horrible.
4. What is it about Owen that fascinates the person from Tabitha's past?
(a) His height.
(b) His religious zeal.
(c) His confidence.
(d) His voice.
5. As an adult, what board was Johnny running for re-election in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
2. With everything that goes wrong in the pageant, how does the audience respond to the show?
3. How does Owen respond to Barb Wiggins' teasing?
4. What is Hester protesting?
5. As an adult, who is Johnny's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What habit has Hester taken up, and how does it affect her life?
2. What happens to the boys' grades once they get to the University?
3. What is Owen's favorite skill in basketball, and how does he accomplish it?
4. What has Owen done to prepare the amputation blade?
5. What significant events happen when Randall White is elected headmaster?
6. What does the letter that Johnny receives from the draft board say?
7. What goes wrong during the Christmas pageant?
8. How do the boys start their trip to Boston?
9. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
10. What happens when Johnny goes to meet Owen at the monument shop?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)