|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose lines does Owen loudly whisper after the actor has forgotten them?
(a) Dan Needham's.
(c) Barb Wiggins'.
(d) Harold Crosby's.
2. What event in Johnny's life does he feel still stuck in?
(a) The Christmas Pageant.
(b) The days with the armadillo.
(c) The summer he spent with Hester.
(d) The final baseball game.
3. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
(a) Doing pullups in his dorm room.
(b) Working out at wrestling practice.
(c) Spending time in the gym.
(d) Working in the quarry.
4. Who does Owen say that he saves in his dream?
(b) Hester Eastman.
(c) His military troop.
(d) Vietnamese children.
5. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
(a) His foot.
(b) His hand.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an adult, what board was Johnny running for re-election in?
2. For which holiday does Owen have a 10-day leave?
3. How does Owen respond to Barb Wiggins' teasing?
4. With everything that goes wrong in the pageant, how does the audience respond to the show?
5. What does Owen steal from the school after he is expelled?
Short Essay Questions
1. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
2. What goes wrong during the Christmas pageant?
3. How does Owen react to the nuns at the academy?
4. How does Barb Wiggin treat Owen, and what is his reaction?
5. What habit has Hester taken up, and how does it affect her life?
6. What happens to the boys' grades once they get to the University?
7. What is ironic of Johnny's job as an adult?
8. What is Owen's favorite skill in basketball, and how does he accomplish it?
9. What does Tabitha's old singing teacher tell the boys?
10. What is the reaction to Mrs. Wheelwright's new television?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)