|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies on the evening of the Christmas performance?
(a) Mary Beth Baird.
(b) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
(d) Katherine Keeling.
2. What event in Johnny's life does he feel still stuck in?
(a) The final baseball game.
(b) The summer he spent with Hester.
(c) The days with the armadillo.
(d) The Christmas Pageant.
3. Whose death causes a downward spiral for Owen?
(a) Harry Hoyt's.
(b) Dan Needham's.
(c) Hester Eastman's.
4. What did Tabitha purchase from the store in Boston called Jerrolds?
(a) Her sewing dummy.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(c) Johnny's confirmation gown.
(d) Her red dress.
5. What does Owen call the column that he writes for the Gravesend newspaper?
(a) The Gospel.
(b) The Voice.
(c) The Word.
(d) The Truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an adult, who is Johnny's best friend?
2. What does Dan believe will disappear once Owen begins his schooling at Gravesend?
3. Where does Johnny work in the summer of his first year at the University?
4. What does Owen desire to do upon graduation?
5. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
2. What did Tabitha tell the boys about her red dress?
3. Who is Katherine Keeling?
4. What is Owen's favorite skill in basketball, and how does he accomplish it?
5. How does Owen react to the nuns at the academy?
6. What is ironic of Johnny's job as an adult?
7. How does Barb Wiggin treat Owen, and what is his reaction?
8. What chilling event happens after Owen believes he has seen his own death?
9. As an adult, what is Johnny discussing with Canon Mackie?
10. What does Tabitha's old singing teacher tell the boys?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)