|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny react to Owen's date for the dance?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is apathetic.
2. What does Dan believe will disappear once Owen begins his schooling at Gravesend?
(a) His laughter.
(b) He religious zeal.
(c) His eccentricities.
(d) His zest for life.
3. Who does Owen claim will have to step in if God does not make Johnny's father known to him?
(a) Tabitha's spirit.
(b) Owen, himself.
(c) Dan Needham.
4. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
(a) They are at the top of his clas.
(b) They surpass Owen's.
(c) They are the lowest in his class.
(d) They remain about average.
5. What does Johnny not know how to do that most boys his age can?
(b) Play baseball.
(d) Ride a bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. For his new sport, Owen has perfected a new skill. How long does he give himself to perform this new skill?
2. What does Mrs. Wheelwright (Johnny's grandmother) decide to purchase after the two major deaths of the year?
3. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
4. As an adult, who is Johnny's best friend?
5. Who dies on the evening of the Christmas performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic of Johnny's job as an adult?
2. What does the letter that Johnny receives from the draft board say?
3. What did Tabitha tell the boys about her red dress?
4. What chilling event happens after Owen believes he has seen his own death?
5. What happens with Owen's collegiate schooling after he is kicked out of Gravesend Academy?
6. What significant events happen when Randall White is elected headmaster?
7. How do the boys start their trip to Boston?
8. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
9. How does Owen react to the nuns at the academy?
10. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)