|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what event does Owen ask Johnny to wait for him?
(a) After Johnny gets married.
(b) After Johnny's draft begins.
(c) After Owen is sent to Vietnam.
(d) After Johnny graduates from University.
2. How does Owen respond when Dan suggests that he invite his parents to the play performance?
(a) He says "no."
(b) He says "yes."
(c) He is unsure how they will respond to the play's subject matter.
(d) He is unsure whether his parents will want to come.
3. What event in Johnny's life does he feel still stuck in?
(a) The final baseball game.
(b) The days with the armadillo.
(c) The summer he spent with Hester.
(d) The Christmas Pageant.
4. What unusual article of clothing is Owen wearing when Johnny arrives?
(a) A woolen scarf.
(b) An apron.
(c) A pair of overalls.
(d) Wooden shoes.
5. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
(a) His hand.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His hair.
(d) His foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Owen that fascinates the person from Tabitha's past?
2. What is Owen doing when Johnny finds him backstage?
3. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
4. As an adult, what board was Johnny running for re-election in?
5. How do Hester and Johnny respond to Owen's transfer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Owen's favorite skill in basketball, and how does he accomplish it?
2. What has Owen done to prepare the amputation blade?
3. What habit has Hester taken up, and how does it affect her life?
4. What happens to the boys' grades once they get to the University?
5. Who is Katherine Keeling?
6. What does Owen hope to do upon graduation from the University, and why?
7. What happens when Owen, as The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, takes Scrooge to his grave?
8. As an adult, what is Johnny discussing with Canon Mackie?
9. What goes wrong during the Christmas pageant?
10. What did Tabitha tell the boys about her red dress?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)