|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
(a) His hand.
(b) His hair.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His foot.
2. Who, from Tabitha's past life, does Owen set up an appointment for the boys to meet?
(a) Tabitha's elementary school teacher.
(b) Tabitha's childhood neighbor.
(c) Tabitha's first boyfriend.
(d) Tabitha's singing teacher.
3. What did Tabitha purchase from the store in Boston called Jerrolds?
(a) Her sewing dummy.
(b) Her red dress.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) Johnny's confirmation gown.
4. What city do Owen and Johnny travel to on their holiday from school?
5. Who is Canon Mackie?
(a) A friend of Owen.
(b) A friend of Johnny.
(c) A co-worker of Dan Needham.
(d) A neighbor of Aunt Martha.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
2. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
3. What does Owen call the nuns?
4. Why does Owen want to repeat the ninth grade?
5. What does Owen steal from the school after he is expelled?
Short Essay Questions
1. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
2. What is the reaction to Mrs. Wheelwright's new television?
3. What does the letter that Johnny receives from the draft board say?
4. What did Tabitha tell the boys about her red dress?
5. What happens when Johnny goes to meet Owen at the monument shop?
6. What is Owen's favorite skill in basketball, and how does he accomplish it?
7. What does Owen hope to do upon graduation from the University, and why?
8. As an adult, what is Johnny discussing with Canon Mackie?
9. What happens when Owen, as The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, takes Scrooge to his grave?
10. How does Barb Wiggin treat Owen, and what is his reaction?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)