|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
(a) Working out at wrestling practice.
(b) Working in the quarry.
(c) Doing pullups in his dorm room.
(d) Spending time in the gym.
2. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
3. What color is Owen's father's truck?
(a) Sunshine Yellow.
(b) Tomato Red.
(c) Dirt Brown.
(d) Grass Green.
4. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
(a) His height.
(b) His confidence.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His religious zest.
5. What does Mrs. Wheelwright (Johnny's grandmother) decide to purchase after the two major deaths of the year?
(a) A computer.
(b) A television.
(c) An automobile.
(d) A telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Barb Wiggins loses control of the angel during the Christmas pageant?
2. Who asks Johnny to reevaluate his future, saying that he doesn't have much time?
3. How does Owen respond to Barb Wiggins' teasing?
4. What is Hester protesting?
5. Who, from Tabitha's past life, does Owen set up an appointment for the boys to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Katherine Keeling?
2. What goes wrong during the Christmas pageant?
3. What happens when Owen, as The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, takes Scrooge to his grave?
4. What habit has Hester taken up, and how does it affect her life?
5. What does Owen hope to do upon graduation from the University, and why?
6. What is Owen's favorite skill in basketball, and how does he accomplish it?
7. What happens when Johnny goes to meet Owen at the monument shop?
8. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
9. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
10. What happens to the boys' grades once they get to the University?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)