|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an adult, where does Johnny work?
(a) The Bishop Strachan School.
(b) Wheelwright Wheel Factory.
(c) Gravesend Academy.
(d) Meany Granite Quarry.
2. Whose name does Owen think that he has seen on the gravestone?
(a) Dan Needham's.
(b) His own.
3. What unusual article of clothing is Owen wearing when Johnny arrives?
(a) Wooden shoes.
(b) A woolen scarf.
(c) An apron.
(d) A pair of overalls.
4. Which character carries the screaming Owen off stage?
(a) The shepherd.
(b) The Angel.
(c) The wiseman.
5. How does Barb Wiggins tease Owen Meany?
(a) With kisses and affectionate pats.
(b) By completely ignoring him whenever he speaks.
(c) With brutal name calling.
(d) By pulling his hair and kicking his shins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when the two boys begin at the University?
2. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
3. What type of establishment is Old Freddy's?
4. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
5. Whose death causes a downward spiral for Owen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Owen's collegiate schooling after he is kicked out of Gravesend Academy?
2. What habit has Hester taken up, and how does it affect her life?
3. How does Barb Wiggin treat Owen, and what is his reaction?
4. How do the boys start their trip to Boston?
5. As an adult, what is Johnny discussing with Canon Mackie?
6. What does Owen look like when he is 16?
7. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
8. What happens when Owen, as The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, takes Scrooge to his grave?
9. What has Owen done to prepare the amputation blade?
10. What is Owen's favorite skill in basketball, and how does he accomplish it?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)