|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which holiday does Owen have a 10-day leave?
(b) Independence Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
2. What unusual article of clothing is Owen wearing when Johnny arrives?
(a) A pair of overalls.
(b) Wooden shoes.
(c) An apron.
(d) A woolen scarf.
3. What did Tabitha purchase from the store in Boston called Jerrolds?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Johnny's confirmation gown.
(c) Her sewing dummy.
(d) Her red dress.
4. What city do Owen and Johnny travel to on their holiday from school?
5. Who does Owen say that he saves in his dream?
(a) Vietnamese children.
(c) Hester Eastman.
(d) His military troop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of establishment is Old Freddy's?
2. Who asks Johnny to reevaluate his future, saying that he doesn't have much time?
3. How is Owen feeling on the night of the Christmas pageant?
4. What is it about Owen that fascinates the person from Tabitha's past?
5. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Owen, as The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, takes Scrooge to his grave?
2. How does Barb Wiggin treat Owen, and what is his reaction?
3. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
4. What did Tabitha tell the boys about her red dress?
5. How do the boys start their trip to Boston?
6. What is ironic of Johnny's job as an adult?
7. What is Owen's favorite skill in basketball, and how does he accomplish it?
8. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
9. What is the reaction to Mrs. Wheelwright's new television?
10. What happens with Owen's collegiate schooling after he is kicked out of Gravesend Academy?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)