|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Owen feeling on the night of the Christmas pageant?
2. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
(a) Working in the quarry.
(b) Spending time in the gym.
(c) Working out at wrestling practice.
(d) Doing pullups in his dorm room.
3. When Owen sees his parents in the audience, what does he shout from the stage?
(a) I'm so glad you could make it.
(b) What do you think you're doing here?
(c) Who invited you?
(d) Get out of here!
4. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
5. Who dies on the evening of the Christmas performance?
(b) Mary Beth Baird.
(c) Katherine Keeling.
(d) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Owen keep detailed notes on in his journal?
2. What did Tabitha purchase from the store in Boston called Jerrolds?
3. What does Dan believe will disappear once Owen begins his schooling at Gravesend?
4. What type of establishment is Old Freddy's?
5. What does Owen say about the nuns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes wrong during the Christmas pageant?
2. What is the reaction to Mrs. Wheelwright's new television?
3. What is Owen's favorite skill in basketball, and how does he accomplish it?
4. Who is Katherine Keeling?
5. What habit has Hester taken up, and how does it affect her life?
6. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
7. What did Tabitha tell the boys about her red dress?
8. How does Barb Wiggin treat Owen, and what is his reaction?
9. What happens when Owen, as The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, takes Scrooge to his grave?
10. How do the boys start their trip to Boston?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)