|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With everything that goes wrong in the pageant, how does the audience respond to the show?
(a) They are frustrated.
(b) They are embarrassed.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are enthralled.
2. What does Mrs. Wheelwright (Johnny's grandmother) decide to purchase after the two major deaths of the year?
(a) An automobile.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A computer.
(d) A television.
3. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
(a) His hair.
(b) His foot.
(c) His hand.
(d) His fingers.
4. For which holiday does Owen have a 10-day leave?
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
5. For his new sport, Owen has perfected a new skill. How long does he give himself to perform this new skill?
(a) Four seconds.
(b) Four minutes.
(c) Fourteen seconds.
(d) Fourteen minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
2. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
3. When Owen repeats the line, "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument," how does Johnny respond?
4. What does Owen keep detailed notes on in his journal?
5. What happens when Barb Wiggins loses control of the angel during the Christmas pageant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Owen, as The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, takes Scrooge to his grave?
2. What significant events happen when Randall White is elected headmaster?
3. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
4. What happens with Owen's collegiate schooling after he is kicked out of Gravesend Academy?
5. What is Owen's favorite skill in basketball, and how does he accomplish it?
6. What does Tabitha's old singing teacher tell the boys?
7. How does Barb Wiggin treat Owen, and what is his reaction?
8. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
9. What happens to the boys' grades once they get to the University?
10. What happens when Johnny goes to meet Owen at the monument shop?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)