|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hester protesting?
(a) The new headmaster.
(b) Being kicked out of school.
(d) The Vietnam War.
2. What does Owen steal from the school after he is expelled?
(a) Mr. Brinker-Smith's grade book.
(b) Headmaster White's chalkboard.
(c) The Mary Magdalene statue.
(d) Dan Needham's keys.
3. What color is Owen's father's truck?
(a) Sunshine Yellow.
(b) Dirt Brown.
(c) Tomato Red.
(d) Grass Green.
4. What does Owen write in an attempt to coax Johnny's father out of hiding?
(a) An article.
(b) A short story.
(c) A poem.
(d) A play.
5. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
2. Who asks Johnny to reevaluate his future, saying that he doesn't have much time?
3. Why does Owen want to repeat the ninth grade?
4. Why did Tabitha claim she could not return the item she purchased back to Jerrolds?
5. Who does Owen say that he saves in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. As an adult, what is Johnny discussing with Canon Mackie?
2. What chilling event happens after Owen believes he has seen his own death?
3. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
4. What happens when Johnny goes to meet Owen at the monument shop?
5. What happens with Owen's collegiate schooling after he is kicked out of Gravesend Academy?
6. What is the reaction to Mrs. Wheelwright's new television?
7. Who is Katherine Keeling?
8. What has Owen done to prepare the amputation blade?
9. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
10. What habit has Hester taken up, and how does it affect her life?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)