|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Owen respond to Barb Wiggins' teasing?
(a) He becomes aroused.
(b) He punches her in the face.
(c) He spits on her shoes.
(d) He doesn't even notice.
2. How does Barb Wiggins tease Owen Meany?
(a) By completely ignoring him whenever he speaks.
(b) With kisses and affectionate pats.
(c) By pulling his hair and kicking his shins.
(d) With brutal name calling.
3. What does Owen say before he makes the cut on Johnny?
(a) I do this in the name of the Father.
(b) This pains me more than it does you.
(c) Just think of this as my little gift to you.
(d) This way we'll always be together.
4. With everything that goes wrong in the pageant, how does the audience respond to the show?
(a) They are amused.
(b) They are frustrated.
(c) They are enthralled.
(d) They are embarrassed.
5. What does Owen call the nuns?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
2. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
3. When Owen repeats the line, "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument," how does Johnny respond?
4. What does Owen say about the nuns?
5. Which character seems to have insider information on the brewing affair between JFK and Marilyn Monroe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Owen, as The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, takes Scrooge to his grave?
2. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
3. What did Tabitha tell the boys about her red dress?
4. What goes wrong during the Christmas pageant?
5. What happens when Johnny goes to meet Owen at the monument shop?
6. What significant events happen when Randall White is elected headmaster?
7. How do the boys start their trip to Boston?
8. What happens to the boys' grades once they get to the University?
9. As an adult, what does Johnny overhear his friend Katherine Keener's husband saying about him?
10. What does Tabitha's old singing teacher tell the boys?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)