|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
(b) Their shoes.
2. What is Owen unable to do in military training?
(a) Scale a 12 foot wall.
(b) Complete 150 push-ups.
(c) Respect his authorities.
(d) Climb a 20 foot rope ladder.
3. What unusual article of clothing is Owen wearing when Johnny arrives?
(a) A woolen scarf.
(b) Wooden shoes.
(c) An apron.
(d) A pair of overalls.
4. When Owen repeats the line, "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument," how does Johnny respond?
(a) He kicks Owen.
(b) He hugs Owen.
(c) He punches Owen.
(d) He drops Owen.
5. How do Hester and Johnny respond to Owen's transfer?
(a) They are relieved.
(b) They are ecstatic.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are saddened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
2. Whose death causes a downward spiral for Owen?
3. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
4. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
5. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic of Johnny's job as an adult?
2. What happens to the boys' grades once they get to the University?
3. Who is Katherine Keeling?
4. What is Owen's favorite skill in basketball, and how does he accomplish it?
5. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
6. What does Tabitha's old singing teacher tell the boys?
7. What goes wrong during the Christmas pageant?
8. How does Owen react to the nuns at the academy?
9. What does Owen look like when he is 16?
10. How do the boys start their trip to Boston?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)