|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual article of clothing is Owen wearing when Johnny arrives?
(a) A woolen scarf.
(b) An apron.
(c) Wooden shoes.
(d) A pair of overalls.
2. What does Owen call the nuns?
3. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
(a) They surpass Owen's.
(b) They remain about average.
(c) They are at the top of his clas.
(d) They are the lowest in his class.
4. Whose lines does Owen loudly whisper after the actor has forgotten them?
(a) Harold Crosby's.
(c) Barb Wiggins'.
(d) Dan Needham's.
5. For his new sport, Owen has perfected a new skill. How long does he give himself to perform this new skill?
(a) Fourteen minutes.
(b) Four minutes.
(c) Fourteen seconds.
(d) Four seconds.
6. How does Barb Wiggins tease Owen Meany?
(a) By completely ignoring him whenever he speaks.
(b) By pulling his hair and kicking his shins.
(c) With kisses and affectionate pats.
(d) With brutal name calling.
7. Who, from Tabitha's past life, does Owen set up an appointment for the boys to meet?
(a) Tabitha's first boyfriend.
(b) Tabitha's childhood neighbor.
(c) Tabitha's singing teacher.
(d) Tabitha's elementary school teacher.
8. For his new sport, Owen needs a partner to help him. Who does he choose?
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Harry Hoyt.
(d) Hester Eastman.
9. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
(a) He walks straight off stage.
(b) He faints.
(c) He forgets his lines.
(d) He stumbles into grave.
10. What city do Owen and Johnny travel to on their holiday from school?
11. What is Owen unable to do in military training?
(a) Complete 150 push-ups.
(b) Climb a 20 foot rope ladder.
(c) Scale a 12 foot wall.
(d) Respect his authorities.
12. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
(c) Noah Eastman.
(d) Harold Crosby.
13. Where is Owen transferred upon graduation?
14. What color is Owen's father's truck?
(a) Sunshine Yellow.
(b) Dirt Brown.
(c) Grass Green.
(d) Tomato Red.
15. On the night of the Christmas play, which character is hinted to be able to see the future?
(c) Hester Eastman
(d) Dan Needham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Johnny to reevaluate his future, saying that he doesn't have much time?
2. Who/what does Owen think that the nuns torture?
3. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
4. After what event does Owen ask Johnny to wait for him?
5. What is it about Owen that fascinates the person from Tabitha's past?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)