|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city do Owen and Johnny travel to on their holiday from school?
2. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
(a) Her smoking.
(b) Her drinking.
(c) Her cursing.
(d) Her gambling.
3. What does Mrs. Wheelwright (Johnny's grandmother) decide to purchase after the two major deaths of the year?
(a) A computer.
(b) An automobile.
(c) A television.
(d) A telephone.
4. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
(d) Their shoes.
5. What type of establishment is Old Freddy's?
(a) A casino.
(b) A bar.
(c) A strip club.
(d) A restaurant.
6. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
(a) Working in the quarry.
(b) Spending time in the gym.
(c) Doing pullups in his dorm room.
(d) Working out at wrestling practice.
7. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
(a) His hand.
(b) His hair.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His foot.
8. Who asks Johnny to reevaluate his future, saying that he doesn't have much time?
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Hester Eastman.
(d) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
9. What does Owen desire to do upon graduation?
(a) Work in recruiting for the military.
(b) Drop out of the military.
(c) Join the fighting branch of the military.
(d) Sabotage the military.
10. As an adult, where does Johnny work?
(a) The Bishop Strachan School.
(b) Gravesend Academy.
(c) Wheelwright Wheel Factory.
(d) Meany Granite Quarry.
11. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
(a) Noah Eastman.
(b) Harold Crosby.
12. What does Owen keep detailed notes on in his journal?
(a) The event of his death.
(b) Hester Eastman's peculiar behaviors.
(c) The movement of his military troop.
(d) A list of his dreams.
13. Which character carries the screaming Owen off stage?
(a) The shepherd.
(c) The wiseman.
(d) The Angel.
14. Which character seems to have insider information on the brewing affair between JFK and Marilyn Monroe?
(a) Harold Crosby.
(b) Noah Eastman.
(c) Dick Jarvits.
(d) Larry Lick.
15. With everything that goes wrong in the pageant, how does the audience respond to the show?
(a) They are amused.
(b) They are enthralled.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They are frustrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in Johnny's life does he feel still stuck in?
2. Who dies on the evening of the Christmas performance?
3. Whose name does Owen think that he has seen on the gravestone?
4. What is Hester protesting?
5. Who, from Tabitha's past life, does Owen set up an appointment for the boys to meet?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)