|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a teenager, what sport is Owen's new obsession?
2. Which famous musician does Owen have an obsession with?
(a) Billie Holiday.
(b) Judy Garland.
(c) Valentino Liberace.
(d) Louis Armstrong.
3. What does Owen desire to do upon graduation?
(a) Drop out of the military.
(b) Sabotage the military.
(c) Work in recruiting for the military.
(d) Join the fighting branch of the military.
4. What event in Johnny's life does he feel still stuck in?
(a) The final baseball game.
(b) The summer he spent with Hester.
(c) The Christmas Pageant.
(d) The days with the armadillo.
5. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
(a) Noah Eastman.
(c) Harold Crosby.
6. Why did Tabitha claim she could not return the item she purchased back to Jerrolds?
(a) Because she had lost the receipt.
(b) Because she had damaged the item.
(c) Because the store burned down.
(d) Because she couldn't remember where she purchased it.
7. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
(a) His hand.
(b) His foot.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His hair.
8. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
(a) Her smoking.
(b) Her gambling.
(c) Her cursing.
(d) Her drinking.
9. What brand of cigarettes does Owen smoke?
(d) Virginia Slims.
10. Which character seems to have insider information on the brewing affair between JFK and Marilyn Monroe?
(a) Larry Lick.
(b) Noah Eastman.
(c) Dick Jarvits.
(d) Harold Crosby.
11. What does Owen call the nuns?
12. As an adult, who is Johnny's best friend?
(a) Canon Mackie.
(b) Katherine Keeling.
(d) Hester Eastman.
13. With everything that goes wrong in the pageant, how does the audience respond to the show?
(a) They are amused.
(b) They are enthralled.
(c) They are frustrated.
(d) They are embarrassed.
14. How does Barb Wiggins tease Owen Meany?
(a) With brutal name calling.
(b) By pulling his hair and kicking his shins.
(c) With kisses and affectionate pats.
(d) By completely ignoring him whenever he speaks.
15. Where does Owen ask Johnny to meet him?
(a) At Meany Quarry.
(b) At Gravesend Academy.
(c) At the Episcopalian church.
(d) At the monument shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Owen say before he makes the cut on Johnny?
2. For his new sport, Owen needs a partner to help him. Who does he choose?
3. Where does Johnny work in the summer of his first year at the University?
4. What does Owen keep detailed notes on in his journal?
5. Where is Owen transferred upon graduation?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)