|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous musician does Owen have an obsession with?
(a) Louis Armstrong.
(b) Billie Holiday.
(c) Valentino Liberace.
(d) Judy Garland.
2. Why does Owen want to repeat the ninth grade?
(a) Because he is fearful that he won't be able to keep up.
(b) Because he wants to experience all of high school.
(c) Because he wishes to excel higher than the other students.
(d) Because Johnny also has to.
3. As an adult, what board was Johnny running for re-election in?
4. For which holiday does Owen have a 10-day leave?
(b) Memorial Day.
(d) Independence Day.
5. Where is Owen transferred upon graduation?
6. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
(a) They remain about average.
(b) They are at the top of his clas.
(c) They are the lowest in his class.
(d) They surpass Owen's.
7. How do Hester and Johnny respond to Owen's transfer?
(a) They are saddened.
(b) They are ecstatic.
(c) They are relieved.
(d) They are apathetic.
8. As an adult, who is Johnny's best friend?
(a) Katherine Keeling.
(b) Hester Eastman.
(c) Canon Mackie.
9. Who does Owen claim will have to step in if God does not make Johnny's father known to him?
(b) Tabitha's spirit.
(c) Owen, himself.
(d) Dan Needham.
10. Where does Owen ask Johnny to meet him?
(a) At Gravesend Academy.
(b) At Meany Quarry.
(c) At the monument shop.
(d) At the Episcopalian church.
11. For his new sport, Owen needs a partner to help him. Who does he choose?
(a) Hester Eastman.
(b) Dan Needham.
(d) Harry Hoyt.
12. What is Owen unable to do in military training?
(a) Respect his authorities.
(b) Scale a 12 foot wall.
(c) Climb a 20 foot rope ladder.
(d) Complete 150 push-ups.
13. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
(a) His height.
(b) His confidence.
(c) His religious zest.
(d) His sense of humor.
14. What city do Owen and Johnny travel to on their holiday from school?
15. How does Owen respond when Dan suggests that he invite his parents to the play performance?
(a) He says "no."
(b) He is unsure how they will respond to the play's subject matter.
(c) He says "yes."
(d) He is unsure whether his parents will want to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny not know how to do that most boys his age can?
2. Where does Johnny work in the summer of his first year at the University?
3. Who does Owen say that he saves in his dream?
4. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
5. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)