|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character seems to have insider information on the brewing affair between JFK and Marilyn Monroe?
(a) Dick Jarvits.
(b) Noah Eastman.
(c) Larry Lick.
(d) Harold Crosby.
2. With everything that goes wrong in the pageant, how does the audience respond to the show?
(a) They are amused.
(b) They are embarrassed.
(c) They are frustrated.
(d) They are enthralled.
3. As a teenager, what sport is Owen's new obsession?
4. What does Owen say before he makes the cut on Johnny?
(a) This pains me more than it does you.
(b) I do this in the name of the Father.
(c) This way we'll always be together.
(d) Just think of this as my little gift to you.
5. What does Owen keep detailed notes on in his journal?
(a) A list of his dreams.
(b) The event of his death.
(c) The movement of his military troop.
(d) Hester Eastman's peculiar behaviors.
6. What city do Owen and Johnny travel to on their holiday from school?
7. What brand of cigarettes does Owen smoke?
(a) Virginia Slims.
8. What event in Johnny's life does he feel still stuck in?
(a) The days with the armadillo.
(b) The summer he spent with Hester.
(c) The Christmas Pageant.
(d) The final baseball game.
9. What realization does Johnny make during the performance of "A Christmas Carol"?
(a) That he knows who his father was.
(b) That his mother is still with him.
(c) That Dan Needham is evil.
(d) That Owen is going to die.
10. How does Johnny react to Owen's date for the dance?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is furious.
11. What does Owen call the column that he writes for the Gravesend newspaper?
(a) The Voice.
(b) The Truth.
(c) The Gospel.
(d) The Word.
12. Who asks Johnny to reevaluate his future, saying that he doesn't have much time?
(a) Dan Needham.
(b) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
(c) Hester Eastman.
13. What does Owen write in an attempt to coax Johnny's father out of hiding?
(a) A play.
(b) An article.
(c) A poem.
(d) A short story.
14. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
(a) He stumbles into grave.
(b) He walks straight off stage.
(c) He forgets his lines.
(d) He faints.
15. Whose death causes a downward spiral for Owen?
(b) Harry Hoyt's.
(c) Hester Eastman's.
(d) Dan Needham's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose lines does Owen loudly whisper after the actor has forgotten them?
2. Who does Owen say that he saves in his dream?
3. On the night of the Christmas play, which character is hinted to be able to see the future?
4. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
5. What is Owen doing when Johnny finds him backstage?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)