|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Owen feeling on the night of the Christmas pageant?
2. What does Owen call the nuns?
3. Whose death causes a downward spiral for Owen?
(a) Hester Eastman's.
(c) Harry Hoyt's.
(d) Dan Needham's.
4. What does Owen say before he makes the cut on Johnny?
(a) This pains me more than it does you.
(b) This way we'll always be together.
(c) Just think of this as my little gift to you.
(d) I do this in the name of the Father.
5. How does Owen respond to Barb Wiggins' teasing?
(a) He becomes aroused.
(b) He doesn't even notice.
(c) He spits on her shoes.
(d) He punches her in the face.
6. What is it about Owen that fascinates the person from Tabitha's past?
(a) His confidence.
(b) His height.
(c) His voice.
(d) His religious zeal.
7. After what event does Owen ask Johnny to wait for him?
(a) After Owen is sent to Vietnam.
(b) After Johnny graduates from University.
(c) After Johnny's draft begins.
(d) After Johnny gets married.
8. What type of establishment is Old Freddy's?
(a) A bar.
(b) A strip club.
(c) A casino.
(d) A restaurant.
9. Why does Owen want to repeat the ninth grade?
(a) Because he wants to experience all of high school.
(b) Because Johnny also has to.
(c) Because he wishes to excel higher than the other students.
(d) Because he is fearful that he won't be able to keep up.
10. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
(a) The house is packed.
(b) The audience heckles throughout the entire show.
(c) The house is nearly empty.
(d) The audience seems unaffected.
11. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
12. What does Dan believe will disappear once Owen begins his schooling at Gravesend?
(a) His zest for life.
(b) His laughter.
(c) His eccentricities.
(d) He religious zeal.
13. Who, from Tabitha's past life, does Owen set up an appointment for the boys to meet?
(a) Tabitha's singing teacher.
(b) Tabitha's first boyfriend.
(c) Tabitha's childhood neighbor.
(d) Tabitha's elementary school teacher.
14. Who does Owen invite to the school dance?
(a) Mary Beth Baird.
(b) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
(c) Hester Eastman.
(d) Barb Wiggins.
15. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
(a) His foot.
(b) His hair.
(c) His hand.
(d) His fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character seems to have insider information on the brewing affair between JFK and Marilyn Monroe?
2. What year is it when the two boys begin at the University?
3. Who does Owen say that he saves in his dream?
4. What unusual article of clothing is Owen wearing when Johnny arrives?
5. Who does Owen claim will have to step in if God does not make Johnny's father known to him?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)