|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
(a) He faints.
(b) He walks straight off stage.
(c) He stumbles into grave.
(d) He forgets his lines.
2. When Owen repeats the line, "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument," how does Johnny respond?
(a) He hugs Owen.
(b) He punches Owen.
(c) He drops Owen.
(d) He kicks Owen.
3. What does Owen say before he makes the cut on Johnny?
(a) This way we'll always be together.
(b) I do this in the name of the Father.
(c) This pains me more than it does you.
(d) Just think of this as my little gift to you.
4. What happens when Barb Wiggins loses control of the angel during the Christmas pageant?
(a) He becomes terribly tangled in the ropes.
(b) He swings wildly, taking down the stars.
(c) He crashes into the manger holding the Christ Child.
(d) He plummets into a free fall.
5. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
6. What does Owen keep detailed notes on in his journal?
(a) The event of his death.
(b) The movement of his military troop.
(c) A list of his dreams.
(d) Hester Eastman's peculiar behaviors.
7. For his new sport, Owen needs a partner to help him. Who does he choose?
(b) Hester Eastman.
(c) Harry Hoyt.
(d) Dan Needham.
8. Whose lines does Owen loudly whisper after the actor has forgotten them?
(a) Barb Wiggins'.
(c) Harold Crosby's.
(d) Dan Needham's.
9. As an adult, where does Johnny work?
(a) The Bishop Strachan School.
(b) Wheelwright Wheel Factory.
(c) Meany Granite Quarry.
(d) Gravesend Academy.
10. Who is Canon Mackie?
(a) A friend of Owen.
(b) A friend of Johnny.
(c) A neighbor of Aunt Martha.
(d) A co-worker of Dan Needham.
11. For which holiday does Owen have a 10-day leave?
(b) Independence Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
12. Who/what does Owen think that the nuns torture?
(a) Laboratory rats.
(c) Each other.
(d) The students.
13. What does Owen say about the nuns?
(a) They're horrible.
(b) They're angels.
(c) They're unnatural.
(d) They're beautiful.
14. How does Owen respond to Barb Wiggins' teasing?
(a) He punches her in the face.
(b) He spits on her shoes.
(c) He doesn't even notice.
(d) He becomes aroused.
15. What unusual article of clothing is Owen wearing when Johnny arrives?
(a) A pair of overalls.
(b) A woolen scarf.
(c) Wooden shoes.
(d) An apron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Johnny to reevaluate his future, saying that he doesn't have much time?
2. What does Owen steal from the school after he is expelled?
3. How does Johnny react to Owen's date for the dance?
4. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
5. What type of establishment is Old Freddy's?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)