|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death causes a downward spiral for Owen?
(a) Dan Needham's.
(b) Harry Hoyt's.
(c) Hester Eastman's.
2. What does Owen steal from the school after he is expelled?
(a) Headmaster White's chalkboard.
(b) Dan Needham's keys.
(c) The Mary Magdalene statue.
(d) Mr. Brinker-Smith's grade book.
3. What type of establishment is Old Freddy's?
(a) A bar.
(b) A strip club.
(c) A casino.
(d) A restaurant.
4. What does Owen call the nuns?
5. What did Tabitha purchase from the store in Boston called Jerrolds?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Her red dress.
(c) Her sewing dummy.
(d) Johnny's confirmation gown.
6. Who does Owen say that he saves in his dream?
(a) Vietnamese children.
(b) Hester Eastman.
(d) His military troop.
7. Where does Owen ask Johnny to meet him?
(a) At Meany Quarry.
(b) At the Episcopalian church.
(c) At Gravesend Academy.
(d) At the monument shop.
8. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
(b) Noah Eastman.
(d) Harold Crosby.
9. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
(d) Their shoes.
10. For his new sport, Owen has perfected a new skill. How long does he give himself to perform this new skill?
(a) Four seconds.
(b) Fourteen seconds.
(c) Fourteen minutes.
(d) Four minutes.
11. Which famous musician does Owen have an obsession with?
(a) Judy Garland.
(b) Valentino Liberace.
(c) Louis Armstrong.
(d) Billie Holiday.
12. Which character seems to have insider information on the brewing affair between JFK and Marilyn Monroe?
(a) Dick Jarvits.
(b) Larry Lick.
(c) Harold Crosby.
(d) Noah Eastman.
13. Why did Tabitha claim she could not return the item she purchased back to Jerrolds?
(a) Because the store burned down.
(b) Because she had damaged the item.
(c) Because she had lost the receipt.
(d) Because she couldn't remember where she purchased it.
14. Which character carries the screaming Owen off stage?
(a) The shepherd.
(b) The wiseman.
(c) The Angel.
15. As an adult, who is Johnny's best friend?
(a) Canon Mackie.
(b) Katherine Keeling.
(c) Hester Eastman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Owen respond to Barb Wiggins' teasing?
2. As an adult, what board was Johnny running for re-election in?
3. What does Johnny not know how to do that most boys his age can?
4. What is Hester protesting?
5. What does Owen keep detailed notes on in his journal?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)