|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
(a) Her smoking.
(b) Her gambling.
(c) Her drinking.
(d) Her cursing.
2. As a teenager, what sport is Owen's new obsession?
3. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
(a) His height.
(b) His confidence.
(c) His religious zest.
(d) His sense of humor.
4. What is Hester protesting?
(a) Being kicked out of school.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The new headmaster.
5. For which holiday does Owen have a 10-day leave?
(a) Memorial Day.
(d) Independence Day.
6. After what event does Owen ask Johnny to wait for him?
(a) After Johnny graduates from University.
(b) After Johnny's draft begins.
(c) After Owen is sent to Vietnam.
(d) After Johnny gets married.
7. How is Owen feeling on the night of the Christmas pageant?
8. How does Owen respond to Barb Wiggins' teasing?
(a) He becomes aroused.
(b) He punches her in the face.
(c) He spits on her shoes.
(d) He doesn't even notice.
9. What does Owen call the nuns?
10. Whose death causes a downward spiral for Owen?
(a) Hester Eastman's.
(b) Harry Hoyt's.
(d) Dan Needham's.
11. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
(a) They are at the top of his clas.
(b) They remain about average.
(c) They surpass Owen's.
(d) They are the lowest in his class.
12. Where does Owen ask Johnny to meet him?
(a) At Gravesend Academy.
(b) At the Episcopalian church.
(c) At the monument shop.
(d) At Meany Quarry.
13. How do Hester and Johnny respond to Owen's transfer?
(a) They are saddened.
(b) They are relieved.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are ecstatic.
14. For his new sport, Owen has perfected a new skill. How long does he give himself to perform this new skill?
(a) Fourteen minutes.
(b) Four minutes.
(c) Four seconds.
(d) Fourteen seconds.
15. What does Mrs. Wheelwright (Johnny's grandmother) decide to purchase after the two major deaths of the year?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A television.
(c) An automobile.
(d) A computer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization does Johnny make during the performance of "A Christmas Carol"?
2. Whose name does Owen think that he has seen on the gravestone?
3. Why did Tabitha claim she could not return the item she purchased back to Jerrolds?
4. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
5. What does Owen steal from the school after he is expelled?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)