|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name does Owen think that he has seen on the gravestone?
(b) His own.
(c) Dan Needham's.
2. What does Owen say about the nuns?
(a) They're unnatural.
(b) They're angels.
(c) They're horrible.
(d) They're beautiful.
3. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
(a) They are the lowest in his class.
(b) They are at the top of his clas.
(c) They surpass Owen's.
(d) They remain about average.
4. What city do Owen and Johnny travel to on their holiday from school?
5. What realization does Johnny make during the performance of "A Christmas Carol"?
(a) That he knows who his father was.
(b) That his mother is still with him.
(c) That Owen is going to die.
(d) That Dan Needham is evil.
6. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
(a) Doing pullups in his dorm room.
(b) Working in the quarry.
(c) Spending time in the gym.
(d) Working out at wrestling practice.
7. How does Barb Wiggins tease Owen Meany?
(a) With brutal name calling.
(b) By completely ignoring him whenever he speaks.
(c) By pulling his hair and kicking his shins.
(d) With kisses and affectionate pats.
8. Who does Owen say that he saves in his dream?
(a) His military troop.
(b) Vietnamese children.
(d) Hester Eastman.
9. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
10. What does Dan believe will disappear once Owen begins his schooling at Gravesend?
(a) His zest for life.
(b) He religious zeal.
(c) His laughter.
(d) His eccentricities.
11. What is it about Owen that fascinates the person from Tabitha's past?
(a) His height.
(b) His voice.
(c) His religious zeal.
(d) His confidence.
12. What brand of cigarettes does Owen smoke?
(b) Virginia Slims.
13. Which character carries the screaming Owen off stage?
(a) The Angel.
(b) The shepherd.
(d) The wiseman.
14. After what event does Owen ask Johnny to wait for him?
(a) After Johnny gets married.
(b) After Owen is sent to Vietnam.
(c) After Johnny graduates from University.
(d) After Johnny's draft begins.
15. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
(d) Their shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an adult, what board was Johnny running for re-election in?
2. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
3. Who, from Tabitha's past life, does Owen set up an appointment for the boys to meet?
4. How is Owen feeling on the night of the Christmas pageant?
5. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)