|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
(a) Her cursing.
(b) Her drinking.
(c) Her smoking.
(d) Her gambling.
2. What does Mrs. Wheelwright (Johnny's grandmother) decide to purchase after the two major deaths of the year?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A computer.
(c) An automobile.
(d) A television.
3. Who is Canon Mackie?
(a) A friend of Owen.
(b) A co-worker of Dan Needham.
(c) A neighbor of Aunt Martha.
(d) A friend of Johnny.
4. Who does Owen invite to the school dance?
(a) Hester Eastman.
(b) Mary Beth Baird.
(c) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
(d) Barb Wiggins.
5. What city do Owen and Johnny travel to on their holiday from school?
6. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
(a) He forgets his lines.
(b) He walks straight off stage.
(c) He faints.
(d) He stumbles into grave.
7. What is Owen doing when Johnny finds him backstage?
8. How is Owen feeling on the night of the Christmas pageant?
9. What does Owen keep detailed notes on in his journal?
(a) The movement of his military troop.
(b) Hester Eastman's peculiar behaviors.
(c) The event of his death.
(d) A list of his dreams.
10. Whose lines does Owen loudly whisper after the actor has forgotten them?
(a) Harold Crosby's.
(c) Barb Wiggins'.
(d) Dan Needham's.
11. What brand of cigarettes does Owen smoke?
(a) Virginia Slims.
12. Who asks Johnny to reevaluate his future, saying that he doesn't have much time?
(a) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
(b) Hester Eastman.
(d) Dan Needham.
13. What color is Owen's father's truck?
(a) Tomato Red.
(b) Grass Green.
(c) Dirt Brown.
(d) Sunshine Yellow.
14. How does Johnny react to Owen's date for the dance?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is furious.
15. Which character seems to have insider information on the brewing affair between JFK and Marilyn Monroe?
(a) Noah Eastman.
(b) Harold Crosby.
(c) Larry Lick.
(d) Dick Jarvits.
Short Answer Questions
1. For his new sport, Owen needs a partner to help him. Who does he choose?
2. As an adult, what board was Johnny running for re-election in?
3. What does Owen steal from the school after he is expelled?
4. What is Hester protesting?
5. Who does Owen claim will have to step in if God does not make Johnny's father known to him?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)