|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wheelwright (Johnny's grandmother) decide to purchase after the two major deaths of the year?
(a) An automobile.
(b) A computer.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A television.
2. What color is Owen's father's truck?
(a) Grass Green.
(b) Tomato Red.
(c) Sunshine Yellow.
(d) Dirt Brown.
3. Who does Owen invite to the school dance?
(a) Hester Eastman.
(b) Barb Wiggins.
(c) Mary Beth Baird.
(d) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
4. What year is it when the two boys begin at the University?
5. For his new sport, Owen has perfected a new skill. How long does he give himself to perform this new skill?
(a) Four minutes.
(b) Fourteen seconds.
(c) Four seconds.
(d) Fourteen minutes.
6. After what event does Owen ask Johnny to wait for him?
(a) After Johnny's draft begins.
(b) After Johnny graduates from University.
(c) After Owen is sent to Vietnam.
(d) After Johnny gets married.
7. Who is Canon Mackie?
(a) A co-worker of Dan Needham.
(b) A neighbor of Aunt Martha.
(c) A friend of Johnny.
(d) A friend of Owen.
8. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His height.
(c) His confidence.
(d) His religious zest.
9. What does Owen say before he makes the cut on Johnny?
(a) This way we'll always be together.
(b) This pains me more than it does you.
(c) I do this in the name of the Father.
(d) Just think of this as my little gift to you.
10. As an adult, where does Johnny work?
(a) Wheelwright Wheel Factory.
(b) The Bishop Strachan School.
(c) Gravesend Academy.
(d) Meany Granite Quarry.
11. When Owen sees his parents in the audience, what does he shout from the stage?
(a) Who invited you?
(b) Get out of here!
(c) I'm so glad you could make it.
(d) What do you think you're doing here?
12. What is it about Owen that fascinates the person from Tabitha's past?
(a) His height.
(b) His religious zeal.
(c) His confidence.
(d) His voice.
13. What type of establishment is Old Freddy's?
(a) A bar.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A strip club.
(d) A casino.
14. What event in Johnny's life does he feel still stuck in?
(a) The Christmas Pageant.
(b) The days with the armadillo.
(c) The summer he spent with Hester.
(d) The final baseball game.
15. What is Owen doing when Johnny finds him backstage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Owen unable to do in military training?
2. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
3. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
4. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
5. Why does Owen want to repeat the ninth grade?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)