|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a teenager, what sport is Owen's new obsession?
2. What is it about Owen that fascinates the person from Tabitha's past?
(a) His voice.
(b) His height.
(c) His religious zeal.
(d) His confidence.
3. Whose death causes a downward spiral for Owen?
(a) Hester Eastman's.
(c) Harry Hoyt's.
(d) Dan Needham's.
4. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
(a) Her gambling.
(b) Her cursing.
(c) Her drinking.
(d) Her smoking.
5. How do Hester and Johnny respond to Owen's transfer?
(a) They are ecstatic.
(b) They are saddened.
(c) They are relieved.
(d) They are apathetic.
6. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
(a) Working out at wrestling practice.
(b) Working in the quarry.
(c) Doing pullups in his dorm room.
(d) Spending time in the gym.
7. Whose lines does Owen loudly whisper after the actor has forgotten them?
(b) Harold Crosby's.
(c) Barb Wiggins'.
(d) Dan Needham's.
8. After what event does Owen ask Johnny to wait for him?
(a) After Owen is sent to Vietnam.
(b) After Johnny graduates from University.
(c) After Johnny's draft begins.
(d) After Johnny gets married.
9. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
(a) His hand.
(b) His foot.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His hair.
10. What does Owen say before he makes the cut on Johnny?
(a) This way we'll always be together.
(b) I do this in the name of the Father.
(c) Just think of this as my little gift to you.
(d) This pains me more than it does you.
11. What is Hester protesting?
(a) Being kicked out of school.
(b) The new headmaster.
(d) The Vietnam War.
12. What is Owen unable to do in military training?
(a) Climb a 20 foot rope ladder.
(b) Complete 150 push-ups.
(c) Respect his authorities.
(d) Scale a 12 foot wall.
13. Who does Owen say that he saves in his dream?
(a) His military troop.
(c) Hester Eastman.
(d) Vietnamese children.
14. What brand of cigarettes does Owen smoke?
(a) Virginia Slims.
15. What unusual article of clothing is Owen wearing when Johnny arrives?
(a) Wooden shoes.
(b) A pair of overalls.
(c) An apron.
(d) A woolen scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Owen steal from the school after he is expelled?
2. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
3. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
4. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
5. Who dies on the evening of the Christmas performance?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)