|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tabitha purchase from the store in Boston called Jerrolds?
(a) Her sewing dummy.
(b) Johnny's confirmation gown.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) Her red dress.
2. How does Johnny react to Owen's date for the dance?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is amused.
3. What type of establishment is Old Freddy's?
(a) A strip club.
(b) A bar.
(c) A casino.
(d) A restaurant.
4. As a teenager, what sport is Owen's new obsession?
5. What does Johnny not know how to do that most boys his age can?
(a) Play baseball.
(c) Ride a bike.
6. What event in Johnny's life does he feel still stuck in?
(a) The final baseball game.
(b) The summer he spent with Hester.
(c) The days with the armadillo.
(d) The Christmas Pageant.
7. How does Owen respond when Dan suggests that he invite his parents to the play performance?
(a) He is unsure whether his parents will want to come.
(b) He says "yes."
(c) He is unsure how they will respond to the play's subject matter.
(d) He says "no."
8. As an adult, who is Johnny's best friend?
(a) Canon Mackie.
(b) Hester Eastman.
(c) Katherine Keeling.
9. What realization does Johnny make during the performance of "A Christmas Carol"?
(a) That Dan Needham is evil.
(b) That Owen is going to die.
(c) That he knows who his father was.
(d) That his mother is still with him.
10. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
(a) They remain about average.
(b) They are the lowest in his class.
(c) They are at the top of his clas.
(d) They surpass Owen's.
11. What is Owen unable to do in military training?
(a) Respect his authorities.
(b) Climb a 20 foot rope ladder.
(c) Complete 150 push-ups.
(d) Scale a 12 foot wall.
12. What year is it when the two boys begin at the University?
13. Whose lines does Owen loudly whisper after the actor has forgotten them?
(b) Harold Crosby's.
(c) Barb Wiggins'.
(d) Dan Needham's.
14. How does Owen respond to Barb Wiggins' teasing?
(a) He spits on her shoes.
(b) He punches her in the face.
(c) He becomes aroused.
(d) He doesn't even notice.
15. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
(a) Noah Eastman.
(c) Harold Crosby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Owen say that he saves in his dream?
2. What color is Owen's father's truck?
3. Where is Owen transferred upon graduation?
4. What happens when Barb Wiggins loses control of the angel during the Christmas pageant?
5. What does Owen call the column that he writes for the Gravesend newspaper?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)