|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when the two boys begin at the University?
2. When Owen repeats the line, "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument," how does Johnny respond?
(a) He hugs Owen.
(b) He drops Owen.
(c) He punches Owen.
(d) He kicks Owen.
3. What is Owen unable to do in military training?
(a) Respect his authorities.
(b) Complete 150 push-ups.
(c) Scale a 12 foot wall.
(d) Climb a 20 foot rope ladder.
4. On the night of the Christmas play, which character is hinted to be able to see the future?
(a) Dan Needham.
(c) Hester Eastman
5. What does Mrs. Wheelwright (Johnny's grandmother) decide to purchase after the two major deaths of the year?
(a) A computer.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A television.
(d) An automobile.
6. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
(a) The house is packed.
(b) The audience heckles throughout the entire show.
(c) The house is nearly empty.
(d) The audience seems unaffected.
7. As an adult, where does Johnny work?
(a) Wheelwright Wheel Factory.
(b) Meany Granite Quarry.
(c) Gravesend Academy.
(d) The Bishop Strachan School.
8. Which character seems to have insider information on the brewing affair between JFK and Marilyn Monroe?
(a) Dick Jarvits.
(b) Noah Eastman.
(c) Larry Lick.
(d) Harold Crosby.
9. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
(a) Working out at wrestling practice.
(b) Doing pullups in his dorm room.
(c) Spending time in the gym.
(d) Working in the quarry.
10. Whose lines does Owen loudly whisper after the actor has forgotten them?
(a) Barb Wiggins'.
(b) Dan Needham's.
(c) Harold Crosby's.
11. When Owen sees his parents in the audience, what does he shout from the stage?
(a) I'm so glad you could make it.
(b) Get out of here!
(c) What do you think you're doing here?
(d) Who invited you?
12. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
(a) Her cursing.
(b) Her gambling.
(c) Her smoking.
(d) Her drinking.
13. Whose name does Owen think that he has seen on the gravestone?
(b) His own.
(d) Dan Needham's.
14. What is Hester protesting?
(a) Being kicked out of school.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The new headmaster.
15. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
(b) Harold Crosby.
(c) Noah Eastman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Owen that fascinates the person from Tabitha's past?
2. What does Owen steal from the school after he is expelled?
3. What unusual article of clothing is Owen wearing when Johnny arrives?
4. What is Owen doing when Johnny finds him backstage?
5. How does Barb Wiggins tease Owen Meany?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)