|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when the two boys begin at the University?
2. Where does Johnny work in the summer of his first year at the University?
(a) He doesn't have a job.
(b) At Gravesend Academy.
(c) At Meany Granite.
(d) At Old Freddy's.
3. As a teenager, what sport is Owen's new obsession?
4. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
(a) Her gambling.
(b) Her cursing.
(c) Her drinking.
(d) Her smoking.
5. How does Johnny react to Owen's date for the dance?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is apathetic.
6. When Owen repeats the line, "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument," how does Johnny respond?
(a) He punches Owen.
(b) He drops Owen.
(c) He kicks Owen.
(d) He hugs Owen.
7. What does Owen call the nuns?
8. What is Owen unable to do in military training?
(a) Climb a 20 foot rope ladder.
(b) Complete 150 push-ups.
(c) Scale a 12 foot wall.
(d) Respect his authorities.
9. What is Owen doing when Johnny finds him backstage?
10. Whose name does Owen think that he has seen on the gravestone?
(b) His own.
(d) Dan Needham's.
11. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
(a) Doing pullups in his dorm room.
(b) Spending time in the gym.
(c) Working in the quarry.
(d) Working out at wrestling practice.
12. How do Hester and Johnny respond to Owen's transfer?
(a) They are saddened.
(b) They are relieved.
(c) They are ecstatic.
(d) They are apathetic.
13. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
(a) His confidence.
(b) His height.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His religious zest.
14. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
(c) Their shoes.
15. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
(a) The house is nearly empty.
(b) The house is packed.
(c) The audience heckles throughout the entire show.
(d) The audience seems unaffected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
2. Which character carries the screaming Owen off stage?
3. Where does Owen ask Johnny to meet him?
4. For his new sport, Owen has perfected a new skill. How long does he give himself to perform this new skill?
5. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)