|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owen desire to do upon graduation?
(a) Work in recruiting for the military.
(b) Join the fighting branch of the military.
(c) Drop out of the military.
(d) Sabotage the military.
2. What is Hester protesting?
(b) The new headmaster.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) Being kicked out of school.
3. How is Owen feeling on the night of the Christmas pageant?
4. Where is Owen transferred upon graduation?
5. Whose lines does Owen loudly whisper after the actor has forgotten them?
(b) Dan Needham's.
(c) Barb Wiggins'.
(d) Harold Crosby's.
6. What does Owen keep detailed notes on in his journal?
(a) A list of his dreams.
(b) The movement of his military troop.
(c) Hester Eastman's peculiar behaviors.
(d) The event of his death.
7. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
(a) He stumbles into grave.
(b) He walks straight off stage.
(c) He forgets his lines.
(d) He faints.
8. For which holiday does Owen have a 10-day leave?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Independence Day.
9. Who is Canon Mackie?
(a) A friend of Owen.
(b) A co-worker of Dan Needham.
(c) A neighbor of Aunt Martha.
(d) A friend of Johnny.
10. As an adult, who is Johnny's best friend?
(b) Katherine Keeling.
(c) Canon Mackie.
(d) Hester Eastman.
11. Where does Owen ask Johnny to meet him?
(a) At the monument shop.
(b) At the Episcopalian church.
(c) At Meany Quarry.
(d) At Gravesend Academy.
12. What is Owen unable to do in military training?
(a) Climb a 20 foot rope ladder.
(b) Scale a 12 foot wall.
(c) Complete 150 push-ups.
(d) Respect his authorities.
13. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
(a) His hand.
(b) His hair.
(c) His foot.
(d) His fingers.
14. Who does Owen invite to the school dance?
(a) Mary Beth Baird.
(b) Barb Wiggins.
(c) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
(d) Hester Eastman.
15. Which famous musician does Owen have an obsession with?
(a) Judy Garland.
(b) Billie Holiday.
(c) Louis Armstrong.
(d) Valentino Liberace.
Short Answer Questions
1. For his new sport, Owen has perfected a new skill. How long does he give himself to perform this new skill?
2. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
3. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
4. Why did Tabitha claim she could not return the item she purchased back to Jerrolds?
5. What does Mrs. Wheelwright (Johnny's grandmother) decide to purchase after the two major deaths of the year?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)