|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an adult, who is Johnny's best friend?
(a) Hester Eastman.
(b) Canon Mackie.
(d) Katherine Keeling.
2. Who, from Tabitha's past life, does Owen set up an appointment for the boys to meet?
(a) Tabitha's singing teacher.
(b) Tabitha's childhood neighbor.
(c) Tabitha's elementary school teacher.
(d) Tabitha's first boyfriend.
3. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
(a) The house is packed.
(b) The audience seems unaffected.
(c) The house is nearly empty.
(d) The audience heckles throughout the entire show.
4. As an adult, what board was Johnny running for re-election in?
5. How does Owen respond to Barb Wiggins' teasing?
(a) He doesn't even notice.
(b) He punches her in the face.
(c) He becomes aroused.
(d) He spits on her shoes.
6. How does Barb Wiggins tease Owen Meany?
(a) With brutal name calling.
(b) With kisses and affectionate pats.
(c) By completely ignoring him whenever he speaks.
(d) By pulling his hair and kicking his shins.
7. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
(d) Their shoes.
8. Who asks Johnny to reevaluate his future, saying that he doesn't have much time?
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Hester Eastman.
(d) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
9. How does Johnny react to Owen's date for the dance?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is excited.
10. What year is it when the two boys begin at the University?
11. What event in Johnny's life does he feel still stuck in?
(a) The Christmas Pageant.
(b) The summer he spent with Hester.
(c) The final baseball game.
(d) The days with the armadillo.
12. What does Owen say before he makes the cut on Johnny?
(a) This pains me more than it does you.
(b) Just think of this as my little gift to you.
(c) I do this in the name of the Father.
(d) This way we'll always be together.
13. Where does Owen ask Johnny to meet him?
(a) At the Episcopalian church.
(b) At the monument shop.
(c) At Meany Quarry.
(d) At Gravesend Academy.
14. For which holiday does Owen have a 10-day leave?
(a) Memorial Day.
(d) Independence Day.
15. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
(a) He forgets his lines.
(b) He stumbles into grave.
(c) He walks straight off stage.
(d) He faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Owen respond when Dan suggests that he invite his parents to the play performance?
2. What does Owen call the column that he writes for the Gravesend newspaper?
3. What brand of cigarettes does Owen smoke?
4. What does Owen desire to do upon graduation?
5. How do Hester and Johnny respond to Owen's transfer?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)