|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
(a) They are at the top of his clas.
(b) They remain about average.
(c) They are the lowest in his class.
(d) They surpass Owen's.
2. On the night of the Christmas play, which character is hinted to be able to see the future?
(a) Dan Needham.
(b) Hester Eastman
3. When Owen sees his parents in the audience, what does he shout from the stage?
(a) I'm so glad you could make it.
(b) Who invited you?
(c) Get out of here!
(d) What do you think you're doing here?
4. Which famous musician does Owen have an obsession with?
(a) Billie Holiday.
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(c) Valentino Liberace.
(d) Judy Garland.
5. What does Owen steal from the school after he is expelled?
(a) The Mary Magdalene statue.
(b) Headmaster White's chalkboard.
(c) Mr. Brinker-Smith's grade book.
(d) Dan Needham's keys.
6. When Owen repeats the line, "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument," how does Johnny respond?
(a) He hugs Owen.
(b) He drops Owen.
(c) He kicks Owen.
(d) He punches Owen.
7. What does Owen keep detailed notes on in his journal?
(a) Hester Eastman's peculiar behaviors.
(b) A list of his dreams.
(c) The event of his death.
(d) The movement of his military troop.
8. What city do Owen and Johnny travel to on their holiday from school?
9. How does Johnny react to Owen's date for the dance?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is excited.
10. What is Hester protesting?
(a) The new headmaster.
(b) Being kicked out of school.
(d) The Vietnam War.
11. Who/what does Owen think that the nuns torture?
(a) Each other.
(b) The students.
(c) Laboratory rats.
12. What does Owen desire to do upon graduation?
(a) Sabotage the military.
(b) Work in recruiting for the military.
(c) Join the fighting branch of the military.
(d) Drop out of the military.
13. Who, from Tabitha's past life, does Owen set up an appointment for the boys to meet?
(a) Tabitha's first boyfriend.
(b) Tabitha's elementary school teacher.
(c) Tabitha's singing teacher.
(d) Tabitha's childhood neighbor.
14. As a teenager, what sport is Owen's new obsession?
15. What does Johnny not know how to do that most boys his age can?
(a) Play baseball.
(b) Ride a bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Johnny work in the summer of his first year at the University?
2. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
3. What does Owen call the nuns?
4. Where does Owen ask Johnny to meet him?
5. For which holiday does Owen have a 10-day leave?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)