|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
(a) The house is nearly empty.
(b) The house is packed.
(c) The audience heckles throughout the entire show.
(d) The audience seems unaffected.
2. How is Owen feeling on the night of the Christmas pageant?
3. As an adult, who is Johnny's best friend?
(b) Katherine Keeling.
(c) Canon Mackie.
(d) Hester Eastman.
4. What does Owen say about the nuns?
(a) They're angels.
(b) They're horrible.
(c) They're unnatural.
(d) They're beautiful.
5. What type of establishment is Old Freddy's?
(a) A strip club.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A casino.
(d) A bar.
6. Whose name does Owen think that he has seen on the gravestone?
(a) His own.
(b) Dan Needham's.
7. What does Johnny not know how to do that most boys his age can?
(a) Ride a bike.
(d) Play baseball.
8. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
(a) Her cursing.
(b) Her smoking.
(c) Her gambling.
(d) Her drinking.
9. Whose lines does Owen loudly whisper after the actor has forgotten them?
(a) Dan Needham's.
(b) Barb Wiggins'.
(c) Harold Crosby's.
10. Who does Owen claim will have to step in if God does not make Johnny's father known to him?
(a) Tabitha's spirit.
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Owen, himself.
11. What does Owen call the column that he writes for the Gravesend newspaper?
(a) The Gospel.
(b) The Voice.
(c) The Word.
(d) The Truth.
12. Who is Canon Mackie?
(a) A friend of Johnny.
(b) A friend of Owen.
(c) A neighbor of Aunt Martha.
(d) A co-worker of Dan Needham.
13. What year is it when the two boys begin at the University?
14. Who, from Tabitha's past life, does Owen set up an appointment for the boys to meet?
(a) Tabitha's childhood neighbor.
(b) Tabitha's elementary school teacher.
(c) Tabitha's singing teacher.
(d) Tabitha's first boyfriend.
15. What brand of cigarettes does Owen smoke?
(c) Virginia Slims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
2. What does Dan believe will disappear once Owen begins his schooling at Gravesend?
3. How does Johnny react to Owen's date for the dance?
4. Who dies on the evening of the Christmas performance?
5. Which famous musician does Owen have an obsession with?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)