|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Owen's father's truck?
(a) Dirt Brown.
(b) Tomato Red.
(c) Grass Green.
(d) Sunshine Yellow.
2. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
(a) They are the lowest in his class.
(b) They are at the top of his clas.
(c) They remain about average.
(d) They surpass Owen's.
3. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
4. What does Owen desire to do upon graduation?
(a) Work in recruiting for the military.
(b) Join the fighting branch of the military.
(c) Sabotage the military.
(d) Drop out of the military.
5. What is Owen doing when Johnny finds him backstage?
6. What does Owen say about the nuns?
(a) They're beautiful.
(b) They're unnatural.
(c) They're angels.
(d) They're horrible.
7. Where does Owen ask Johnny to meet him?
(a) At Meany Quarry.
(b) At the monument shop.
(c) At Gravesend Academy.
(d) At the Episcopalian church.
8. What happens when Barb Wiggins loses control of the angel during the Christmas pageant?
(a) He swings wildly, taking down the stars.
(b) He crashes into the manger holding the Christ Child.
(c) He plummets into a free fall.
(d) He becomes terribly tangled in the ropes.
9. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
(a) Working in the quarry.
(b) Doing pullups in his dorm room.
(c) Spending time in the gym.
(d) Working out at wrestling practice.
10. Who asks Johnny to reevaluate his future, saying that he doesn't have much time?
(a) Hester Eastman.
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
11. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
(d) Their shoes.
12. For which holiday does Owen have a 10-day leave?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Independence Day.
13. Whose name does Owen think that he has seen on the gravestone?
(c) Dan Needham's.
(d) His own.
14. How does Owen respond when Dan suggests that he invite his parents to the play performance?
(a) He is unsure whether his parents will want to come.
(b) He says "no."
(c) He is unsure how they will respond to the play's subject matter.
(d) He says "yes."
15. What year is it when the two boys begin at the University?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
2. Who/what does Owen think that the nuns torture?
3. Why did Tabitha claim she could not return the item she purchased back to Jerrolds?
4. What does Owen call the column that he writes for the Gravesend newspaper?
5. What does Dan believe will disappear once Owen begins his schooling at Gravesend?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)