|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of unwanted guests does Post Captain Aubrey have in his cabin aboard his new sea command?
2. What type of object is the French corvette?
(a) A ship.
(b) A house.
(c) An armory supply.
(d) A carriage.
3. What does Post Captain Aubrey cause the crew aboard the H.M.S. Lively to exercise?
(a) Great guns drill.
(b) Firefighting evacuation drill.
(c) Man overboard drill.
(d) Sail hoisting drill.
4. Who gives Aubrey's steward foodstuffs to take on board the Polychrest.
5. What does the shooting up of insignificant French holdings along the coast qualify the action to be labeled?
(a) Advance warning.
(b) Wasting resources.
(c) Military drill.
(d) An engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shares an interest in obscure scientific theories with Doctor Maturin?
2. Who informs Captain Aubrey that mutiny may be imminent aboard the Polychrest?
3. What type of ships do Captain Aubrey and the Polychrest encounter in as they began to leave the French port?
4. What occurs between Captain Aubrey and Doctor Stephen Maturin as they leave the French port and head back to England?
5. Who does Doctor Maturin recommend be dispatched to intercept the Spanish treasure ships carrying the gold bound for Cadiz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome of the prolonged engagement between the Bellone and the Polychrest?
2. In what way could Captain Aubrey benefit by pursuing personal gain over duty while in command of the Polychrest?
3. How does the Aubrey display his happiness in being promoted to Post Captain?
4. How do Aubrey's visits with Diana affect his friendship with Maturin?
5. How does Doctor Maturin demonstrate his desire to continue cultivating his friendship with Captain Aubrey despite any differences that the two men may have had in the past?
6. Why does Maturin attempt to camouflage his trip to Spain with a trip to Ireland?
7. How does Doctor Maturin continue to agonize over Diana?
8. How does Post Captain Aubrey manage to get the government to finance the practicing of great guns aboard the H.M.S. Lively?
9. How do Smithers and Maturin even the score with one another?
10. How do Aubrey and Maturin differ on their opinions about the usefulness and feasibility of having bees on board the H.M.S. Lively?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)