|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dots the scenery along the French coast?
(a) Farms and wineries.
(b) Fortresses and observation towers.
(c) Chateaus and churches.
(d) Chateaus and schoolhouses.
2. Aubrey's sea command transports an officer's ______________ on one voyage.
3. At the time that Captain Aubrey is informed about the mutiny that may be pending, how many days is the Polychrest away from reaching the French port that is its destination?
4. Who escorts Sophia and Cecelia Williams to the H.M.S. Lively where they request transportation?
(a) Admiral Haddock.
(b) Admiral Winters.
(c) Captain Robards.
(d) Captain Wentworth.
5. What aspect of Captain Aubrey's life is damaged by his constant visits to Diana?
(a) Friendship with Goodridge.
(b) Professional career.
(c) Friendship with Sophia.
(d) Friendship with Pullings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shares an interest in obscure scientific theories with Doctor Maturin?
2. Which is the best way to label the crew aboard Aubrey's new sea command?
3. Who does Maturin believe to be suitable for Aubrey?
4. What does Doctor Maturin win from Smithers?
5. What type of vessel is the Fanciulla?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Aubrey and Maturin differ on their opinions about the usefulness and feasibility of having bees on board the H.M.S. Lively?
2. What makes it difficult for the Polychrest to enter the French port where the target ship is located?
3. What is the outcome of the prolonged engagement between the Bellone and the Polychrest?
4. How does Aubrey show compassion and remorse regarding his previous dealings with Sophia?
5. What are some of the ways that Post Captain Aubrey shows his belief that he and members of his squadron will be able to keep any treasure that they reap from the Spanish treasure ships?
6. What is Doctor Maturin's motive in encouraging Sophia to be more forward with Captain Aubrey?
7. How do Smithers and Maturin even the score with one another?
8. How do the officers and crew on the H.M.S. Lively differ from the officers and crew on the Polychrest?
9. What is the reason that Diana leaves Mapes Court?
10. How do Goodridge, Parker, and Aubrey solve the Polychrest's speed and maneuverability problems?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)