|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Williams learn about Captain Aubrey?
(a) By Letter.
(b) By Messenger.
2. What is the dreadful news about that Captain Aubrey receives via letter at Polcary Down?
(a) His father.
(b) His finances.
(c) His employment.
(d) His grandmother.
3. Who is saved by Captain Aubrey after falling off the Polychrest's rigging?
4. Post Captain Aubrey does not have the ____________ to support the training of his crew for battle against the French.
5. What does Adam Scriven try to do to Aubrey while the Captain is out walking around town one night?
(a) He tries to rob him.
(b) He tries to entertain him.
(c) He tries to ridicule him.
(d) He tries to meet him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of area is the gentleman's residence that Captain Aubrey has rented located?
2. Which is the best way to label the crew aboard Aubrey's new sea command?
3. Whose perfume does Maturin smell on Aubrey upon the latter's return to the Polychrest?
4. What language does Maturin use to enter his personal observations in his diary?
5. What does Post Captain Aubrey cause the crew aboard the H.M.S. Lively to exercise?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)