|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fact about the Polychrest leads Captain Aubrey and two of his officers to re-design the ship's rigging?
(a) The Polychrest is visible to the enemy.
(b) The Polychrest is slow.
(c) The Polychrest is unpredictable.
(d) The Polychrest is shorthanded.
2. Which ship is Post Captain Aubrey given temporary command of along with his new position?
(a) The Seagull.
(b) The Tempest.
(c) The Remington.
(d) The Lively.
3. What does Aubrey forgo in favor of professional duty?.
4. What relation is Mrs. Williams to Diana?
5. Who announces a forthcoming formal ball in Chapter 2?
(a) Dr. Stephen Maturin.
(b) Captain Jack Aubrey.
(c) Mrs. Williams.
(d) Cecelia Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Doctor Maturin use to write scientific observations in his diary?
2. Who does Sophia label and caution Maturin about as being a difficult case?
3. What year do the events in Chapter 4 take place?
4. What is the name of the ship that is instrumental in pulling the Polychrest out of a sandbank after it runs aground?
5. At the time that Captain Aubrey is informed about the mutiny that may be pending, how many days is the Polychrest away from reaching the French port that is its destination?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)