|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Spanish ship that literally explodes into fragments toward the end of Post Captain?
(a) La Jolla.
(b) El Castillo.
(c) The Mercedes.
(d) El Tesoro.
2. What is the name of the vessel carrying Captain Jack Aubrey and Doctor Stephen Maturin at the beginning of Post Captain?
(a) The Pennington.
(b) H.M.S. Royale.
(c) The Charwell.
(d) H.M.S. Hempstead.
3. What body part does Macdonald lose during the naval engagement ?
4. What type of subject matter do Maturin and MacDonald like to discuss?
5. What type of unwanted guests does Post Captain Aubrey have in his cabin aboard his new sea command?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the subject of the wisecracks that Smithers shares with Doctor Maturin?
2. Which character tells Dr. Maturin that between him and Captain Aubrey, the captain is considered to be 'the prize"?
3. In Chapter 1, what country does Diana Villiers leave in order to return to England?
4. Who does Doctor Maturin inform about a gold shipment from the River Plate bound for Cadiz?
5. What relation is Diana to Sophia?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)