|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two crew members collaborate with Captain Aubrey in the re-design of the Polychrest's rigging?
(a) Pullins and Lancaster.
(b) Battles and Harte.
(c) Goodridge and Parker.
(d) Flynn and Ridgewood.
2. What area of the H.M.S. Lively does Doctor Maturin tour?
(a) The fo'c'sel.
(b) The galley.
(c) The powder room.
(d) The sickbay.
3. Which country is Doctor Maturin's destination for gathering intelligence for the Admiralty?
4. In Chapter 9, what improvement is Captain Aubrey pleased about in relation to the Polychrest's new rigging?
5. What type of lifestyle are thousands of sailors released to following the war between England and France?
(a) Luxury and deceit.
(b) Part-time work and part-time play.
(c) Despondency and desperation.
(d) Happiness and frivolity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Doctor Maturin unexpectedly spot Diana and her beau?
2. What type of flotilla was the H.M.S. Lively ordered to escort?
3. During the series of social gatherings described in Chapter 2, who gains Captain Jack Aubrey's attention more openly and honestly?
4. What type of musical performances are presented at the series of social gatherings attended by Mrs. Williams, her daughters, her niece, Captain Jack Aubrey and Dr. Stephen Maturin?
5. In Chapter 1, what country does Diana Villiers leave in order to return to England?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)