|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what country does Diana Villiers leave in order to return to England?
(a) United States.
2. The fact that ships are being moored because of the peace, along with Captain Aubrey's clash with ______________, means that no command is to be had.
(a) Diana Villiers.
(c) Doctor Stephen Maturin.
(d) Superior officers.
3. Whose home is the setting for a party attended by Captain Aubrey, Mrs. Williams, and her daughter, Cecilia ?
(a) Admiral Harte.
(b) Lady Keith.
(c) Lady Carlson.
(d) Captain Goodridge.
4. What is the name of the Indiaman that Aubrey and Maturin board in Gibraltar?
(a) The Carrington.
(b) King of the Sea.
(c) The Othello.
(d) Lord Nelson.
5. In Chapter 9, which of the ships listed below is involved in a fierce naval engagement with the Polychrest?
(a) S.S. Colinot.
(c) L'Brigade du France.
(d) S.S. Seagull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Captain Aubrey done that has resulted in ill feelings between him and Admiral Harte?
2. Aboard the Polychrest, Captain Aubrey curses a young lady whom he mistakes for a ______________.
3. What is the name of the first lieutenant on the Indiaman headed to England with Aubrey and Maturin aboard?
4. What two sailors who had previously sailed with Aubrey sign up to crew the Polychrest?
5. Who censures Captain Aubrey for allegedly being too punctilious?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)