|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain Aubrey's ship master aboard the Polychrest?
2. What other ship's traits are also featured on the Polychrest?
(a) H.M.S. Dart.
(b) S.S. Triumph.
(c) S.S. Barrett.
(d) H.M.S. Walden.
3. How many casualties does the Lord Nelson endure upon its capture by the Bellone?
(a) 158 Casualties.
(b) 73 Casualties.
(c) 220 Casualties.
(d) 36 Casualties.
4. What is the name of Captain Aubrey's old friend who is captain of The Franchise?
(a) Heneage Dundas.
(b) Keith Pridemore.
(c) Theodore Martin.
(d) Lawrence Tate.
5. Who is saved by Captain Aubrey after falling off the Polychrest's rigging?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of Captain Aubrey's life is damaged by his constant visits to Diana?
2. What subject matter do Diane and Sophia argue about that results in Diana moving away from Mapes Court?
3. What has Captain Aubrey done that has resulted in ill feelings between him and Admiral Harte?
4. What language does Doctor Maturin use to write scientific observations in his diary?
5. What is the name of the French privateer that closes in on the Indiaman that Aubrey and Maturin are passengers in?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)