|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is held by MacDonald aboard the Polychrest?
(a) Second lieutenant.
(b) Marine captain.
(c) Head boatswain.
(d) Chief navigator.
2. How many casualties does the Lord Nelson endure upon its capture by the Bellone?
(a) 36 Casualties.
(b) 73 Casualties.
(c) 158 Casualties.
(d) 220 Casualties.
3. Which word below is synonymous with punctilious?
4. What does Scriven teach Captain Aubrey to do?
(a) Escape from Sophia.
(b) Write an essay.
(c) Train a bear.
(d) Avoid debtors' prison.
5. Who does Aubrey yell profane orders to believing to be the ship's boy?
(a) The ship's lookout.
(b) The ship's cook.
(c) The ship's boy.
(d) One of the female passengers carrying shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Captain Aubrey turn down an offer of a sea command from?
2. What was the name of French Captain Christy-Palliere's ship that captured Captain Aubrey's first sea command?
3. Who owns a personal estate just across the border in Spain?
4. Which character tells Dr. Maturin that between him and Captain Aubrey, the captain is considered to be 'the prize"?
5. What does Captain Aubrey consider buying, but is not quite sure of its tone?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)