|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is Pullings promoted to aboard the Polychrest pursuant to Aubrey's advice?
(a) First assistant captain.
(c) First lieutenant.
(d) Second lieutenant.
2. What is the name of the ship that is instrumental in pulling the Polychrest out of a sandbank after it runs aground?
(a) H.M.S. Neptune.
(d) H.M.S. Seagull.
3. What is the Polychrest armed with instead of long guns?
4. What is the name of Captain Aubrey's old friend who is captain of The Franchise?
(a) Theodore Martin.
(b) Keith Pridemore.
(c) Lawrence Tate.
(d) Heneage Dundas.
5. How long is Captain Aubrey and Doctor Stephen Maturin's trek across France?
(a) 225 miles.
(b) 120 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 350 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historical ship could the Polychrest's design be partially based on?
2. At the time that Captain Aubrey is informed about the mutiny that may be pending, how many days is the Polychrest away from reaching the French port that is its destination?
3. What has Captain Aubrey done that has resulted in ill feelings between him and Admiral Harte?
4. What was the name of Captain Aubrey's first sea command?
5. Who owns a personal estate just across the border in Spain?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)