1. What is the name of the vessel carrying Captain Jack Aubrey and Doctor Stephen Maturin at the beginning of Post Captain?
(a) H.M.S. Hempstead.
(b) The Charwell.
(c) The Pennington.
(d) H.M.S. Royale.
2. Where is the gentleman's residence that Captain Jack Aubrey rents located?
(a) Meredith Down.
(b) Polcary Down.
(c) Victoria Down.
(d) Lampkin Place.
3. Where is Mapes Court located in relation to the gentleman's residence that Captain Aubrey has rented?
(a) Ten Miles South.
(b) Next Door.
(c) Around the Corner.
(d) Six Miles East.
4. What relation is Mrs. Williams to Cecelia?
(b) Great Aunt.
5. What relation is Mrs. Williams to Diana?
6. In Chapter 1, what country does Diana Villiers leave in order to return to England?
(d) United States.
7. As Chapter 1 opens, what two countries have just ended a war between them?
(a) France and England.
(b) Spain and France.
(c) Germany and Italy.
(d) The United States and England.
This section contains 4,325 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)