|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If a person is willing to be ____, he will be able to have whatever he wants.
2. Youth is compared to what vegetable?
3. The arguments of which group will ensure that man will get his goods?
(b) Market owners.
4. A man is considered to be powerful is he is able to manage what?
5. To be intimate with a foolish friend is like going to bed with a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that if pride dines upon vanity, it sups on _____________.
2. The saying about being unknown when one is down and out and known when things are good refers to which of the following?
3. If a fox is asleep he will never be able to catch which of the following?
4. Which two things are considered to be the practice of fools?
5. What does Bis dat qui cito dat mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the characteristics of a rich man?
2. What is one of the most important things that cannot be completely repaired after it is broken?
3. What is the prevailing thought about a person's background and shame?
4. What are creditors known for the most?
5. What are Franklin's views regarding observation before and after marriage?
6. What are the things referenced in two sayings about altering one's character for the worse?
7. What is Poor Richard's view on satisfying desires?
8. What is the most common way in which a man will deal with his faults?
9. What is one of the qualities that helps a man be wise?
10. What is the author's view of political office as it relates to morals?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)