|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two things are considered to be the practice of fools?
(a) Anger and envy.
(b) Greed and ignorance.
(c) Sloth and avarice.
(d) Tricks and treachery.
2. One may be seen as weak if he has courage but not ____________.
3. Although the tongue is the one that causes all of the trouble, who/what is bound to get the punishment?
4. At the end of the almanack, Richard lists how many virtues and suggestions?
5. When should a person go to bed if he wants to be healthy, wealthy and wise?
Short Answer Questions
1. A man will never be able to have gain or honor when dealing with whom?
2. What will help a man to become profound?
3. People will tend to flock to the place that has what?
4. Although virtue may not make one handsome, which of the following with surely make one ugly?
5. What two words does Franklin use to describe himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most common way in which a man will deal with his faults?
2. How does Richard describe himself? What is his advice?
3. Who is Bridget Saunders? How is she described by Franklin?
4. What are creditors known for the most?
5. How do possessions and the afterlife relate according to this section?
6. What proverb relates to the thought of "absence makes the heart grow fonder"?
7. What is one of the most important things that cannot be completely repaired after it is broken?
8. What does Franklin have to say about a discontented man?
9. What are the things referenced in two sayings about altering one's character for the worse?
10. What is said about being a know it all?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)