|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words does Franklin use to describe himself?
(a) Poor and lame.
(b) Patriotic and forthright.
(c) Fat and bald.
(d) Old and wise.
2. Franklin believes that age is ____ and doubting.
3. People will tend to flock to the place that has what?
(a) Plenty to eat.
(b) Good laws.
(c) Great promise.
(d) Freedom of speech.
4. What should you do when confronted with small faults?
(a) Ignore them.
(d) Turn your head.
5. Who is accused of having vanity as a pain?
Short Answer Questions
1. From the arguments of this group we are able to divine the truth.
2. Many men have been ruined by what?
3. To be intimate with a foolish friend is like going to bed with a what?
4. If one wishes to prolong his or her life, what is the best advice?
5. What herb is known to cure all diseases?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franklin have to say about a discontented man?
2. What is the worst hope one can have for a miser?
3. What is the author's view of political office as it relates to morals?
4. What is the most common way in which a man will deal with his faults?
5. How does Franklin describe becoming a complete and worthy man? What attributes to that goal?
6. What proverb relates to the thought of "absence makes the heart grow fonder"?
7. Name at least two of Franklin's warnings about food?
8. How can a person judge the true character of another?
9. What are some of the characteristics of a rich man?
10. What is the author's opinion on finding honor in one's family?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)