|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A bad commentator is known to spoil even the best ____________.
(d) Sporting events.
2. According to Franklin it is not the large things that wreak havoc. Instead, what is more likely to sink a ship?
(a) Loose lips.
(b) Tear in the sail.
(c) Small leak.
(d) A faulty captain.
3. The same feeling may be felt upon the loss of who/what?
4. What did Jack eat?
5. According to the text, a woman will sober up after what occasion?
(a) New Year.
Short Answer Questions
1. If one does what he knows he should do, it will be easy to live with which of the following?
2. Which of the following did Franklin consider to be the most important virtue?
3. In the old days, it was said that time does what to all things?
4. A lean award is better than a fat what?
5. What great Biblical character is referred to in regards to slaying thousands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the things that will lead a person to realize fortune or wealth?
2. What part of the almanack may be difficult for people of today to understand?
3. What is the wisdom contained on Page 7 regarding the way a man eats?
4. How does one tend to treat another differently when there is wealth involved?
5. Give at least two examples of Franklin's advice regarding money.
6. What is Franklin's opinion on meddlers? What is the reason for this opinion?
7. How can one live a peaceful existence?
8. What is the moral of the story behind the tale of the now-famous poet and philosopher?
9. Why has the almanack been able to stand the test of time?
10. When was the original almanack published?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)