|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What well known learning institution was founded by Franklin?
(a) William and Mary.
(d) University of Pennsylvania.
2. If one eats few suppers, one will have less need for which of the following?
3. Franklin says that a house without a woman or firelight is like a body without a soul or _____.
4. What word is used to describe a stubborn and obstinate person?
5. What, along with visitors, will stink after three days?
(a) A wet dog.
(b) Rotted meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. One should take a lot of time and much care when choosing _____________.
2. All things are difficult to those that practice what?
3. Which of the following items is something that cannot stand upright on its own?
4. What did Jack eat?
5. What other occupation was held by the poet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give at least two examples of Franklin's advice regarding money.
2. Who was responsible for writing and compiling POOR RICHARD'S ALMANACK? Who was the true author?
3. What is the nature of sin? According to Franklin, why is it forbidden?
4. What is the wisdom contained on Page 7 regarding the way a man eats?
5. What part of the almanack may be difficult for people of today to understand?
6. Franklin scolds people with lazy bones. What is the admonishment?
7. Who is Mr. Fogg? How does Franklin create a pun to illustrate a point?
8. What is the advice given by Franklin regarding the making and keeping of promises?
9. What is the author's opinion on self control and even temperament?
10. What famous poet and philosopher is paid homage by Franklin? What was the poet known for posthumously?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)