|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin believes that an innocent ______ is more worthy than a vicious prince.
2. A man who has not had the opportunity of celebrity must often replace it with which of the following?
(a) A wife.
3. What word is used to describe a stubborn and obstinate person?
4. The fools that are most troublesome are the ones that possess which of the following?
5. Franklin says that a house without a woman or firelight is like a body without a soul or _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. If one avoids all temptations, one might be granted a ____.
2. In the old days, it was said that time does what to all things?
3. What other occupation was held by the poet?
4. If one does what he knows he should do, it will be easy to live with which of the following?
5. What did Jack eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one tend to treat another differently when there is wealth involved?
2. What popular modern saying about men and their toys is covered by Franklin on Page 32?
3. What famous poet and philosopher is paid homage by Franklin? What was the poet known for posthumously?
4. What is the author's opinion on self control and even temperament?
5. According to Franklin, what should people be most focused on in their lives?
6. What is Franklin's moral advice on placing oneself above others?
7. Give at least one example in which God works in mysterious and wonderful ways.
8. Franklin expresses his opinion throughout about the sharpness of a woman's tongue. How does it compare to a man's heart?
9. When was the original almanack published?
10. Franklin has many views regarding the value and length of a person's life. What does the author say?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)