|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every man may be able to boast about his honesty, but few men can boast about what?
(a) Clear conscience.
2. The best kind of sermon is what?
3. A man is not complete unless he has a ___________.
(b) Good horse.
4. What is the one thing that dares not enter a working man's house?
5. One should take a lot of time and much care when choosing _____________.
(a) A friend.
(b) A good horse.
(c) A wife.
(d) Land to plow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person never seems absurd as his word is always believed?
2. What is another name for someone who is considered to be lazy?
3. Who mourns his sins with a heavy heart?
4. What adjective is used to describe all types of blood?
5. A clear conscience is much like which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What famous poet and philosopher is paid homage by Franklin? What was the poet known for posthumously?
2. How is a lie different than the truth in its steadfastness?
3. What is Franklin's opinion on meddlers? What is the reason for this opinion?
4. What does Franklin have to say about starting a new year?
5. It is strongly advised for one to pay heed to which proverb dealing with faults?
6. Why has the almanack been able to stand the test of time?
7. Franklin shares a short rhymed poem regarding three entities. What are the entities and how are they compared?
8. Franklin scolds people with lazy bones. What is the admonishment?
9. How does one tend to treat another differently when there is wealth involved?
10. Give at least two examples of Franklin's advice regarding money.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)