|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin says that two things always worry their keepers. The two things are kings and ____.
2. The benefits in one's life should be written in what?
3. If one wishes to prolong his or her life, what is the best advice?
(a) Sleep soundly.
(b) Pray more.
(c) Live with a clear conscience.
(d) Eat less.
4. One is bound to learn from things that have caused _________.
5. Which of the following is not one of the things that will increase a man's desires?
6. What is a groat?
7. One must always consider three things: Where you came from, where you are going, and _____________.
(a) Where you will go tomorrow.
(b) To whom you owe the most.
(c) To whom you must account.
(d) How you will get where you are going.
8. Youth is compared to what vegetable?
9. Franklin uses what object to illustrate that everything has its specific use?
10. There is an ancient tale about an object that is able to turn lead into what?
(d) An army.
11. According to Franklin, what is the second vice?
12. The author advises against doing something if one would be ashamed to be caught. Which saying is the most similar to the proverb?
(a) Act as if God is watching.
(b) If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
(c) Judge ye not lest ye be judged.
(d) Loose lips sink ships.
13. If you trust someone with your secrets, it is the same as selling him your _______________.
14. Shame should never come into play regarding what in a person's life?
15. Which is not one of the three things that can never be properly mended after being broken?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the tongue is the one that causes all of the trouble, who/what is bound to get the punishment?
2. A man is considered to be powerful is he is able to manage what?
3. What herb is known to cure all diseases?
4. What is the end to this famous saying: To err is human, to forgive is divine, to persist is __________.
5. Which two things are considered to be the practice of fools?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)