|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though the day might be fair, you should always remember to take a/n __________.
2. Which character is always seen as being on horseback but never moving forward?
(a) One's temper.
(b) The emperor.
(c) St. Paul.
(d) St. George.
3. What animal is mentioned in the story of the farmer, the judge, and an animal's death?
4. What are two of the oldest companions to man?
(a) Beauty and folly.
(b) Greed and want.
(c) Anger and covetousness.
(d) Wish and sloth.
5. The saying about being unknown when one is down and out and known when things are good refers to which of the following?
(a) Selfish relatives.
(b) Foolish neighbors.
(c) Fair weather friends.
(d) Greedy people.
6. A man is considered to be powerful is he is able to manage what?
7. What will help a man to become profound?
8. Franklin believes that age is ____ and doubting.
9. Which relative should you visit often but not at night?
10. Who is accused of having vanity as a pain?
11. Virtue is to happiness as _____________.
(a) Faith is to hope.
(b) Father is to son.
(c) Mother is to daughter.
(d) Temper is to remorse.
12. A child and a prince will always quarrel over trifles. What are trifles?
(c) Small things.
13. Those who are ignorant should not be ashamed. It is those who are _____ that should be ashamed.
(d) Unwilling to learn.
14. Whoever knows a fool is also sure to know the fool's ________________.
15. According to Franklin, what is the second vice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although virtue may not make one handsome, which of the following with surely make one ugly?
2. Franklin says that two things always worry their keepers. The two things are kings and ____.
3. What two words does Franklin use to describe himself?
4. Franklin uses what object to illustrate that everything has its specific use?
5. Where should you look when a man speaks to you?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)