|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A person who can conquer ____ is thought to have strength.
(a) Bad habits.
2. What two words does Franklin use to describe himself?
(a) Patriotic and forthright.
(b) Poor and lame.
(c) Old and wise.
(d) Fat and bald.
3. Franklin tells the reader to be careful of how you treat items belonging to man. Which of the following is not on the list?
4. Virtue is to happiness as _____________.
(a) Father is to son.
(b) Faith is to hope.
(c) Temper is to remorse.
(d) Mother is to daughter.
5. If a man got at least half of everything he wished for, what he would end up with would be ___________.
(c) More want.
6. The author believes that if pride dines upon vanity, it sups on _____________.
7. According to Franklin, what is the second vice?
8. What has one achieved when he lets go of the bridle and falls off the horse?
9. If a man truly wants to be recognized, he should be judged by what?
10. If a fox is asleep he will never be able to catch which of the following?
(a) Flower blossoms.
(c) A cold.
11. When should a person go to bed if he wants to be healthy, wealthy and wise?
12. The saying about being unknown when one is down and out and known when things are good refers to which of the following?
(a) Greedy people.
(b) Selfish relatives.
(c) Fair weather friends.
(d) Foolish neighbors.
13. Who is a person known to deceive more than any other?
14. The author wonders why the wife of a blind man would use what?
15. A person must be careful that he is in control of his life, that his life is not controlled by what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the tongue is the one that causes all of the trouble, who/what is bound to get the punishment?
2. Where should you look when a man speaks to you?
3. What is the most important thing when making an agreement with a friend?
4. Although virtue may not make one handsome, which of the following with surely make one ugly?
5. Youth is compared to what vegetable?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)