Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leah begin to wonder?
2. Where are the woman and her three children in Book 7?
3. What does Leah create controversy over wanting to do?
4. What does Anatole tell Leah not to say?
5. What does Mother promise to help Rachel learn to do?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Anatole and what he represents. What is Anatole's background and what does he become? What does he symbolize at a national level? Why is someone like Anatole often viewed as dangerous?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Nathan Price and Brother Fowles. How are their attitudes and approaches toward the village of Kilanga and the Congo different? What do you think each represents or symbolizes within the book?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what happens to each of the three remaining daughters after Ruth May's death. Include in your answer the following:
1) How did the Congo change each person?
2) How did Ruth May's death affect each person?
3) Which of the three girls emerges from the Congo the strongest?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)