Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leah begin to wonder?
2. Where are the woman and her three children in Book 7?
3. What does Leah create controversy over wanting to do?
4. What does Anatole tell Leah not to say?
5. What does Mother promise to help Rachel learn to do?
In The Poisonwood Bible, Orleanna's narrative looks back in time, while the other characters narrate from the present.
1) Why do you think Kingsolver included one narrative that looks back in time?
2) What does this type of narration add to the novel?
3) Why do you think Orleanna's character is the one looking back?
Kingsolver brings the United States into the novel in several different ways. What role did the United States play in the Congo at a national and village level? What does Kingsolver seem to think about the United States' role in the events in the Congo? Do you think the United States should have been involved in the Congo?
The Prices change during their time in the Congo. Discuss how the changes affect the family, including:
1) Which character do you think changed the most? How did this character change?
2) Which character changed the least? In what ways does the character remain the same?
3) How does the family itself change from the beginning of the book to the end?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)