Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leah begin to wonder?
2. Where are the woman and her three children in Book 7?
3. What does Leah create controversy over wanting to do?
4. What does Anatole tell Leah not to say?
5. What does Mother promise to help Rachel learn to do?
Essay Topic 1
The Prices change during their time in the Congo. Discuss how the changes affect the family, including:
1) Which character do you think changed the most? How did this character change?
2) Which character changed the least? In what ways does the character remain the same?
3) How does the family itself change from the beginning of the book to the end?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Anatole and what he represents. What is Anatole's background and what does he become? What does he symbolize at a national level? Why is someone like Anatole often viewed as dangerous?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Kingsolver chose the name "The Poisonwood Bible" for the novel? What does the poisonwood tree represent in the novel? What might be an alternative title for the novel that captures what is it about?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)