|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rachel turning in the beginning of Book 6?
2. In what year does the CIA suggest replacing the Congolese government?
3. What makes Mother get up?
4. What does Orleanna do when she reaches the edge of the village?
5. Why can't the mother and daughters go to Kilanga?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Anatole and what he represents. What is Anatole's background and what does he become? What does he symbolize at a national level? Why is someone like Anatole often viewed as dangerous?
Essay Topic 2
Children are often noted as being more observant. Do you think Ruth May was more observant than other members of her family? What things did she see that her other family members did not? Do you think that her curious nature got her into trouble?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Kingsolver chose the name "The Poisonwood Bible" for the novel? What does the poisonwood tree represent in the novel? What might be an alternative title for the novel that captures what is it about?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)