|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rachel turning in the beginning of Book 6?
2. Who votes for Jesus in the church election in the Price family?
3. The Prices make it look like Rachel is engaged to whom?
4. What does Adah study in her work?
5. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trace the development and changes in Leah's relationship with her father throughout the novel. How does Leah feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? When do her feelings toward him start to change? How does she end up feeling about and relating to Nathan?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happens to each of the three remaining daughters after Ruth May's death. Include in your answer the following:
1) How did the Congo change each person?
2) How did Ruth May's death affect each person?
3) Which of the three girls emerges from the Congo the strongest?
Essay Topic 3
Kingsolver explores the themes of freedom and captivity in the novel. Where can these themes be seen in the novel (family, village, country)? What are the prices that freedom and captivity come with in the novel for the Congo and various characters?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)