|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Orleanna stay alive after Ruth May's death?
2. How old is Rachel on her birthday?
3. Where does Orleanna put Ruth May's body?
(a) The dining room table
(b) The hammock
(c) The couch
(d) Her bed
4. According to Ruth May, who is last in the family?
(a) Ruth May
5. What makes Mother get up?
(a) Rachel burns an omelet
(b) Adah disappears
(c) Ruth May needs a push on the swing
(d) Nathan tells her to
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leah wish that she could give to her father?
2. Where does Adah go to school?
3. What does Nathan preach about in the boat?
4. Why do the mother and daughters want to go back to Kilanga?
5. What do the girls find when they take Ruth May's bed away from the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Orleanna characterizes Nathan as someone who stands still. What does she mean by this?
2. Who is Brother Fowles? How is he different from Nathan?
3. What do you think Kingsolver means when she has the woman in the market say that there has never been a village past Bulungu and that she doesn't know of anywhere called Kilanga?
4. What does Tata Ndu want from the family in Book 3? How does the family respond?
5. Where does each of the girls go after Ruth May's death?
6. What regrets does Orleanna voice about her family and the situation in the Congo?
7. What happens to Ruth May at the end of Book 4? What happens after this event?
8. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
9. Why do you think Adah says that the loss of life isn't always unwelcome?
10. How has the Congo changed the Prices?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)