|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rachel go after Ruth May's death?
(b) South Africa
(c) The United States
2. What does Anatole find in his bed before the big hunt?
(a) A lion cub
(b) A green mamba
(c) A scorpion
(d) A knife
3. Whose picture did Orleanna have in the kitchen house?
4. How long after the Congo's independence does Congress look into the United States' secret operations?
(a) 10 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 1 year
(d) 15 years
5. According to Ruth May, who is last in the family?
(a) Ruth May
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls find when they take Ruth May's bed away from the wall?
2. What does Orleanna do when she reaches the edge of the village?
3. Who does Rachel think Brother Fowles looks like?
4. What kind of person does Orleanna think that Nathan is?
5. What color is inside the green mamba's mouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Orleanna characterizes Nathan as someone who stands still. What does she mean by this?
2. What does Tata Ndu want from the family in Book 3? How does the family respond?
3. What happens to Ruth May at the end of Book 4? What happens after this event?
4. How is Orleanna changed when she finally gets up from bed? Who does she influence?
5. What living creature invades Kilanga? What do the villagers do?
6. What happened to Patrice Lumumba?
7. What does Leah tell Anatole? What does he tell her in return? Why do you think he responds this way?
8. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
9. What does Leah want to do with the men in the village? Who is not happy about this? How does Leah get her way?
10. What does Nelson give to Ruth May? What does he tell her to do with it?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)