|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leah kill on the anniversary of Ruth May's death?
(a) A snake
(b) An antelope
(c) Tata Kuvudundu
(d) Nathan Price
2. What does Tata Ndu want from the Prices?
(a) To marry Rachel
(b) For the family to leave
(c) Nathan's blessing
(d) Their chickens
3. Who does the green mamba bite?
(b) Ruth May
4. What color is inside the green mamba's mouth?
5. Where does Rachel go after Ruth May's death?
(b) The United States
(c) South Africa
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
2. How long after the Congo's independence does Congress look into the United States' secret operations?
3. What does Orleanna do with the furniture?
4. Who is the last of Leah and Anatole's children?
5. What is the name of the hotel that Rachel owns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Adah says that the loss of life isn't always unwelcome?
2. How has the Congo changed the Prices?
3. Why do you think Ruth May chooses a green mamba as the place that she wanted to be when she died?
4. Where does each of the girls go after Ruth May's death?
5. What happens to Rachel in her life? Do you think she is happy?
6. Why do you think Adah begins to speak after Ruth May's death when she chose to remain silent before it?
7. What does Leah tell Anatole? What does he tell her in return? Why do you think he responds this way?
8. What happened to Patrice Lumumba?
9. What living creature invades Kilanga? What do the villagers do?
10. What do Rachel and Adah learn? From where do they each learn this?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)