|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
(a) The neediest
(b) The last
(c) The first
(d) The twins
2. What does Leah kill on the anniversary of Ruth May's death?
(a) A snake
(b) Nathan Price
(c) Tata Kuvudundu
(d) An antelope
3. Which family member refuses to take any responsibility for what happened to Ruth May?
4. What did Ruth May see in Eeban Axelroot's plane?
5. What does Leah begin to wonder?
(a) If Pascal likes her
(b) If her father is wrong to keep them in the Congo
(c) If Adah can care for the chickens
(d) If Eeban Axelroot is selling diamonds
Short Answer Questions
1. What new name was the Congo given?
2. What does Mother promise to help Rachel learn to do?
3. What does the old woman give to Mother?
4. What does Orleanna do with the furniture?
5. What does Adah study in her work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Orleanna do after Ruth May's death? Why does she do this?
2. What do Rachel and Adah learn? From where do they each learn this?
3. Why do you think Adah begins to speak after Ruth May's death when she chose to remain silent before it?
4. What does Tata Ndu want from the family in Book 3? How does the family respond?
5. Where does each of the girls go after Ruth May's death?
6. Why do you think Ruth May chooses a green mamba as the place that she wanted to be when she died?
7. Orleanna characterizes Nathan as someone who stands still. What does she mean by this?
8. Who is Brother Fowles? How is he different from Nathan?
9. How is Orleanna changed when she finally gets up from bed? Who does she influence?
10. Why do you think that Leah now feels uncomfortable in the United States?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)