|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rachel think Brother Fowles looks like?
(b) Santa Claus
(c) Richard Nixon
(d) Her grandfather
2. What is the safe place that Ruth May thinks of in case she dies?
(b) Her bed
(c) Being at her grandmother's
(d) A green mamba in the trees
3. How old is Rachel on her birthday?
4. Whose picture did Orleanna have in the kitchen house?
5. What does Axelroot tell Rachel?
(a) He loves her
(b) Patrice Lumumba is going to die
(c) Chief Ndu is going to be replaced
(d) He's going to help the family escape
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
2. What does Leah create controversy over wanting to do?
3. In what year does the CIA suggest replacing the Congolese government?
4. What happens to Anatole in the year after Ruth May's death?
5. The Prices make it look like Rachel is engaged to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Orleanna characterizes Nathan as someone who stands still. What does she mean by this?
2. What do Rachel and Adah learn? From where do they each learn this?
3. What happened to Patrice Lumumba?
4. How has the Congo changed the Prices?
5. Who is Brother Fowles? How is he different from Nathan?
6. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
7. What regrets does Orleanna voice about her family and the situation in the Congo?
8. What does Tata Ndu want from the family in Book 3? How does the family respond?
9. What does Leah want to do with the men in the village? Who is not happy about this? How does Leah get her way?
10. Why do you think Adah says that the loss of life isn't always unwelcome?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)