|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Leah kill during the big hunt?
(d) Water buffalo
2. Where is Orleanna when she listens to the Congressional hearings?
(a) New York
3. Adah collects books that have what in them?
(b) Bad characters
(c) Missing pages
4. How long after the Congo's independence does Congress look into the United States' secret operations?
(a) 15 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 1 year
5. The Prices make it look like Rachel is engaged to whom?
(a) Eeban Axelroot
(d) Chief Ndu
Short Answer Questions
1. The way that Nathan pronounces "Bangala" makes the word mean what?
2. What do the girls find when they take Ruth May's bed away from the wall?
3. Who does Rachel think Brother Fowles looks like?
4. Who does Rachel think is the cause of all the problems?
5. Who gets left behind as the family flees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Patrice Lumumba?
2. Orleanna characterizes Nathan as someone who stands still. What does she mean by this?
3. What regrets does Orleanna voice about her family and the situation in the Congo?
4. What does Leah tell Anatole? What does he tell her in return? Why do you think he responds this way?
5. How is Orleanna changed when she finally gets up from bed? Who does she influence?
6. How has the Congo changed the Prices?
7. What living creature invades Kilanga? What do the villagers do?
8. What do you think Kingsolver means when she has the woman in the market say that there has never been a village past Bulungu and that she doesn't know of anywhere called Kilanga?
9. What does Nelson give to Ruth May? What does he tell her to do with it?
10. What does Anatole find in his hut? What is this a sign of? What happens to Anatole?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)