|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Mother get up?
(a) Adah disappears
(b) Rachel burns an omelet
(c) Nathan tells her to
(d) Ruth May needs a push on the swing
2. What does the chapter imply that Ruth May has become?
(a) A green mamba
(b) A lion
(c) A ghost
(d) An owl
3. What do the girls find when they take Ruth May's bed away from the wall?
(a) A snake
(c) Malaria pills
(d) Ruth May's sock monkey
4. What does Nathan preach about in the boat?
(a) The Eygptians and the plagues
(c) The Ten Commandments
(d) The birth of Jesus
5. Who does Rachel think is the cause of all the problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did the people around Lusambo think Nathan could turn into before they killed him?
2. What happens to Patrice Lumumba?
3. What never occurred to Orleanna before Ruth May died?
4. Whose picture did Orleanna have in the kitchen house?
5. What does Orleanna do when she reaches the edge of the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the big hunt?
2. Why do you think Adah says that the loss of life isn't always unwelcome?
3. Why do you think Adah begins to speak after Ruth May's death when she chose to remain silent before it?
4. What happens to Rachel in her life? Do you think she is happy?
5. What does Orleanna do after Ruth May's death? Why does she do this?
6. Why do you think that Leah now feels uncomfortable in the United States?
7. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
8. What happens to Ruth May at the end of Book 4? What happens after this event?
9. What regrets does Orleanna voice about her family and the situation in the Congo?
10. What do Rachel and Adah learn? From where do they each learn this?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)