|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adah miss by the end of Book 5?
(a) The Congo
(b) Nathan Price
(c) The old Adah
(d) Mama Tataba
2. What animal did the people around Lusambo think Nathan could turn into before they killed him?
(b) Green mamba
(c) Water buffalo
3. What is the name of the hotel that Rachel owns?
(c) Hotel de Africa
(d) African Queen
4. For what does Adah think that Mother waits?
5. How did Orleanna stay alive after Ruth May's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orleanna do with the furniture?
2. What does Tata Ndu want from the Prices?
3. The Prices make it look like Rachel is engaged to whom?
4. What does Anatole mourn for on January 17?
5. With what illness does Leah become sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Orleanna characterizes Nathan as someone who stands still. What does she mean by this?
2. What regrets does Orleanna voice about her family and the situation in the Congo?
3. Why do you think that Leah now feels uncomfortable in the United States?
4. What does Orleanna do after Ruth May's death? Why does she do this?
5. What happens during the big hunt?
6. What happened to Patrice Lumumba?
7. What does Leah tell Anatole? What does he tell her in return? Why do you think he responds this way?
8. Who is Brother Fowles? How is he different from Nathan?
9. What do you think Kingsolver means when she has the woman in the market say that there has never been a village past Bulungu and that she doesn't know of anywhere called Kilanga?
10. What do Rachel and Adah learn? From where do they each learn this?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)