|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who votes for Jesus in the church election in the Price family?
(b) Ruth May
2. Who gets left behind as the family flees?
(b) Ruth May
3. For what does Adah think that Mother waits?
4. What color is inside the green mamba's mouth?
5. What do people vote with in the church election?
(c) Their hands
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prices make it look like Rachel is engaged to whom?
2. With what illness does Leah become sick?
3. How long does Ruth May stay in bed?
4. Why can't the mother and daughters go to Kilanga?
5. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anatole find in his hut? What is this a sign of? What happens to Anatole?
2. What do Rachel and Adah learn? From where do they each learn this?
3. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
4. Why do you think Adah says that the loss of life isn't always unwelcome?
5. How is Orleanna changed when she finally gets up from bed? Who does she influence?
6. Why do you think Ruth May chooses a green mamba as the place that she wanted to be when she died?
7. What does Leah want to do with the men in the village? Who is not happy about this? How does Leah get her way?
8. What happens to Rachel in her life? Do you think she is happy?
9. What do you think Kingsolver means when she has the woman in the market say that there has never been a village past Bulungu and that she doesn't know of anywhere called Kilanga?
10. What does Nelson give to Ruth May? What does he tell her to do with it?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)