|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ruth May, who is last in the family?
(c) Ruth May
2. Whose picture did Orleanna have in the kitchen house?
3. What did Ruth May see in Eeban Axelroot's plane?
4. Where does Orleanna put Ruth May's body?
(a) The hammock
(b) Her bed
(c) The couch
(d) The dining room table
5. How long does Ruth May stay in bed?
(a) One week
(b) Three weeks
(c) Five months
(d) One month
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Adah think that Mother waits?
2. Who gets left behind as the family flees?
3. What does Rachel choose to save from the house?
4. What happens to Patrice Lumumba?
5. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nelson give to Ruth May? What does he tell her to do with it?
2. Why do you think Ruth May chooses a green mamba as the place that she wanted to be when she died?
3. What regrets does Orleanna voice about her family and the situation in the Congo?
4. What does Orleanna do after Ruth May's death? Why does she do this?
5. Why do you think that Leah now feels uncomfortable in the United States?
6. What does Anatole find in his hut? What is this a sign of? What happens to Anatole?
7. Where does each of the girls go after Ruth May's death?
8. What happens to Rachel in her life? Do you think she is happy?
9. What happens to Ruth May at the end of Book 4? What happens after this event?
10. What does Leah tell Anatole? What does he tell her in return? Why do you think he responds this way?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)