|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the CIA suggest replacing the Congolese government?
2. Where does Brother Fowles and his family live?
(a) In a tree house
(b) In Kilanga
(c) In Leopoldville
(d) On a boat
3. Adah collects books that have what in them?
(a) Bad characters
(b) Missing pages
4. What did Ruth May see in Eeban Axelroot's plane?
5. What does Adah study in her work?
(a) Funeral customs
(d) Water supplies
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member refuses to take any responsibility for what happened to Ruth May?
2. What does Anatole find in his bed before the big hunt?
3. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
4. How long does Ruth May stay in bed?
5. How much money does the United States provide for loyalty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Rachel and Adah learn? From where do they each learn this?
2. Why do you think Adah says that the loss of life isn't always unwelcome?
3. What regrets does Orleanna voice about her family and the situation in the Congo?
4. Who is Brother Fowles? How is he different from Nathan?
5. What does Nelson give to Ruth May? What does he tell her to do with it?
6. How is Orleanna changed when she finally gets up from bed? Who does she influence?
7. What happened to Patrice Lumumba?
8. What happens during the big hunt?
9. Where does each of the girls go after Ruth May's death?
10. Orleanna characterizes Nathan as someone who stands still. What does she mean by this?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)