|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leah kill on the anniversary of Ruth May's death?
(a) Tata Kuvudundu
(b) Nathan Price
(c) A snake
(d) An antelope
2. Who votes for Jesus in the church election in the Price family?
(b) Ruth May
3. Who does the green mamba bite?
(c) Ruth May
4. After Leah disobeys Father, with what do the girls and Orleanna sleep?
(a) Stuffed animals
(b) Knives and kitchen utensils
(c) Food from the kitchen
(d) Their clothes
5. What do the girls find when they take Ruth May's bed away from the wall?
(a) A snake
(c) Malaria pills
(d) Ruth May's sock monkey
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rachel turning in the beginning of Book 6?
2. What does Orleanna do when she reaches the edge of the village?
3. How long after the Congo's independence does Congress look into the United States' secret operations?
4. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
5. What does Anatole mourn for on January 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Adah says that the loss of life isn't always unwelcome?
2. Why do you think Ruth May chooses a green mamba as the place that she wanted to be when she died?
3. What happens to Rachel in her life? Do you think she is happy?
4. What happens during the big hunt?
5. What do you think Kingsolver means when she has the woman in the market say that there has never been a village past Bulungu and that she doesn't know of anywhere called Kilanga?
6. What living creature invades Kilanga? What do the villagers do?
7. What does Anatole find in his hut? What is this a sign of? What happens to Anatole?
8. What does Leah tell Anatole? What does he tell her in return? Why do you think he responds this way?
9. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
10. How is Orleanna changed when she finally gets up from bed? Who does she influence?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)