|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the United States provide for loyalty?
(a) One billion dollars
(b) One thousand dollars
(c) One hundred thousand dollars
(d) One million dollars
2. Who gets left behind as the family flees?
(a) Ruth May
3. With what illness does Leah become sick?
4. Where does Brother Fowles and his family live?
(a) In Kilanga
(b) In Leopoldville
(c) On a boat
(d) In a tree house
5. What makes Mother get up?
(a) Adah disappears
(b) Ruth May needs a push on the swing
(c) Nathan tells her to
(d) Rachel burns an omelet
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Adah think that Mother waits?
2. What is the name of the hotel that Rachel owns?
3. What happens to Patrice Lumumba?
4. How old is Rachel turning in the beginning of Book 6?
5. What did Ruth May see in Eeban Axelroot's plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Congo changed the Prices?
2. Orleanna characterizes Nathan as someone who stands still. What does she mean by this?
3. What does Nelson give to Ruth May? What does he tell her to do with it?
4. What do you think Kingsolver means when she has the woman in the market say that there has never been a village past Bulungu and that she doesn't know of anywhere called Kilanga?
5. What happens to Ruth May at the end of Book 4? What happens after this event?
6. What does Tata Ndu want from the family in Book 3? How does the family respond?
7. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
8. What does Anatole find in his hut? What is this a sign of? What happens to Anatole?
9. How is Orleanna changed when she finally gets up from bed? Who does she influence?
10. Why do you think Adah begins to speak after Ruth May's death when she chose to remain silent before it?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)