|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orleanna do with the furniture?
(a) Breaks it
(b) Burns it
(c) Puts it in front of the door to keep Nathan out
(d) Gives it away
2. What does Orleanna do when she reaches the edge of the village?
(b) Keeps walking
(c) Stands and looks back
(d) Screams at Nathan
3. Who does Rachel think is the cause of all the problems?
4. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
(c) The United States
5. The Prices make it look like Rachel is engaged to whom?
(b) Eeban Axelroot
(d) Chief Ndu
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Adah think that Mother waits?
2. Why can't the mother and daughters go to Kilanga?
3. What does Adah miss by the end of Book 5?
4. How much money does the United States provide for loyalty?
5. What is the name of the hotel that Rachel owns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Kingsolver means when she has the woman in the market say that there has never been a village past Bulungu and that she doesn't know of anywhere called Kilanga?
2. Who is Brother Fowles? How is he different from Nathan?
3. Why do you think that Leah now feels uncomfortable in the United States?
4. What does Anatole find in his hut? What is this a sign of? What happens to Anatole?
5. What happens to Ruth May at the end of Book 4? What happens after this event?
6. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
7. What happens during the big hunt?
8. Why do you think Adah begins to speak after Ruth May's death when she chose to remain silent before it?
9. What regrets does Orleanna voice about her family and the situation in the Congo?
10. What happens to Rachel in her life? Do you think she is happy?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)