|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel choose to save from the house?
(a) The mirror
(d) Her blanket
2. Where is Orleanna when she listens to the Congressional hearings?
(b) New York
3. What does Nathan preach about in the boat?
(a) The Ten Commandments
(b) The Eygptians and the plagues
(c) The birth of Jesus
4. What did Ruth May see in Eeban Axelroot's plane?
5. According to Ruth May, who is last in the family?
(c) Ruth May
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ruth May stay in bed?
2. Nelson thinks what stole Ruth May's soul?
3. Why do the mother and daughters want to go back to Kilanga?
4. What kind of person does Orleanna think that Nathan is?
5. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Congo changed the Prices?
2. What happens to Rachel in her life? Do you think she is happy?
3. Why do you think Adah begins to speak after Ruth May's death when she chose to remain silent before it?
4. Where does each of the girls go after Ruth May's death?
5. Why do you think Adah says that the loss of life isn't always unwelcome?
6. What does Orleanna do after Ruth May's death? Why does she do this?
7. Orleanna characterizes Nathan as someone who stands still. What does she mean by this?
8. What living creature invades Kilanga? What do the villagers do?
9. What do Rachel and Adah learn? From where do they each learn this?
10. What does Tata Ndu want from the family in Book 3? How does the family respond?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)