|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orleanna do with the furniture?
(a) Breaks it
(b) Puts it in front of the door to keep Nathan out
(c) Burns it
(d) Gives it away
2. Where does Adah go to school?
(a) Yale University
(b) Emory University
(c) University of Florida
(d) Georgetown University
3. How long does Ruth May stay in bed?
(a) Five months
(b) Three weeks
(c) One month
(d) One week
4. The Prices make it look like Rachel is engaged to whom?
(a) Eeban Axelroot
(c) Chief Ndu
5. What becomes Orleanna's only purpose after Ruth May's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
2. What does Orleanna do when she reaches the edge of the village?
3. What does Nathan preach about in the boat?
4. What does Adah study in her work?
5. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Brother Fowles? How is he different from Nathan?
2. What does Nelson give to Ruth May? What does he tell her to do with it?
3. How is Orleanna changed when she finally gets up from bed? Who does she influence?
4. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
5. Why do you think Adah begins to speak after Ruth May's death when she chose to remain silent before it?
6. Why do you think Adah says that the loss of life isn't always unwelcome?
7. What living creature invades Kilanga? What do the villagers do?
8. What do Rachel and Adah learn? From where do they each learn this?
9. How has the Congo changed the Prices?
10. What does Leah want to do with the men in the village? Who is not happy about this? How does Leah get her way?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)