|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people vote with in the church election?
(d) Their hands
2. What does the chapter imply that Ruth May has become?
(a) A ghost
(b) A green mamba
(c) A lion
(d) An owl
3. Where does Brother Fowles and his family live?
(a) On a boat
(b) In Kilanga
(c) In Leopoldville
(d) In a tree house
4. Who does Rachel think is the cause of all the problems?
5. What animal did the people around Lusambo think Nathan could turn into before they killed him?
(c) Water buffalo
(d) Green mamba
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tata Ndu want from the Prices?
2. What does the old woman give to Mother?
3. In what year does the CIA suggest replacing the Congolese government?
4. What does Mother promise to help Rachel learn to do?
5. Nelson thinks what stole Ruth May's soul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nelson give to Ruth May? What does he tell her to do with it?
2. Where does each of the girls go after Ruth May's death?
3. What living creature invades Kilanga? What do the villagers do?
4. Who is Brother Fowles? How is he different from Nathan?
5. Why do you think that Leah now feels uncomfortable in the United States?
6. What does Leah tell Anatole? What does he tell her in return? Why do you think he responds this way?
7. What does Orleanna do after Ruth May's death? Why does she do this?
8. How is Orleanna changed when she finally gets up from bed? Who does she influence?
9. How has the Congo changed the Prices?
10. What do Rachel and Adah learn? From where do they each learn this?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)