Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters does Orleanna have?
2. Who is put in charge of the chickens?
(b) Ruth May
3. Where does Leah think that the quote Adah gives her is from?
(a) A book of nursery rhymes
(b) The gospel of Luke
(c) Treasure Island
4. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
(a) High heels
(c) Button down shirts
5. The tone of Book 1 is one of what?
(b) Forward looking
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adah now think that she and Leah have separate lives even though they are twins?
2. Where does Mr. Axelroot live?
3. Who warns people away from Nathan's church?
4. What does Mama Mwanza bring the family?
5. Mama Mwanza does not have what part of her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Kingsolver means when she has the woman in the market say that there has never been a village past Bulungu and that she doesn't know of anywhere called Kilanga?
2. What happens in Book 2 that makes the Price family and the villagers think that Adah has died? What really happened?
3. What does Book 2 tell us about Nathan and his relationship to the family?
4. Why do you think that Adah chooses not to speak?
5. Why do the people of the village stare at the Prices? Which family member did people used to stare at? Why do you think this person seems more normal to the villagers than the other family members?
6. Who does Ruth May think the Congolese are in Book 1? Who are the white people that Ruth May says are now in the Congo?
7. Who is Mama Tataba? What does she try to help Nathan with? What does he do with her advice?
8. Why do you think Adah begins to speak after Ruth May's death when she chose to remain silent before it?
9. Why does Orleanna go to the Congo? With whom does she go?
10. What living creature invades Kilanga? What do the villagers do?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)