|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets the Prices when they land in Africa?
(a) The Blanktons
(b) The Underdowns
(c) The Edwards
(d) The Joneses
2. What does Orleanna sometimes see on her walks in the Congo?
3. Who is the chief of Kilanga?
(a) Uncle Tataba
(b) Tata Undo
(c) Brother Fowles
(d) Father Mwanza
4. Why does Mother cry on Rachel's birthday?
(a) The cake doesn't turn out
(b) Nathan yells at her
(c) She cuts herself accidentally
(d) She remembers Rachel's birth
5. What does Nathan Price encounter in the garden?
(a) A cobra
(b) Sticker weed
(c) An okapi
Short Answer Questions
1. Orleanna's husband did what as an occupation?
2. What happens after the Independence in the Price household?
3. What takes up half the day in the Congo?
4. Why does Orleanna stay with her husband?
5. What does Orleanna now look for in her daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Book 2 tell us about Nathan and his relationship to the family?
2. How is Adah different than the rest of her family?
3. What is the Price house like? How is it different than other houses in the village?
4. What happens in Book 2 that makes the Price family and the villagers think that Adah has died? What really happened?
5. What are some of the superstitions that the villagers have? Why do you think they have these superstitions?
6. Who is Anatole? Why is Nathan angry with Anatole?
7. What happens to Ruth May's sock monkey? How does she feel about this?
8. How does Orleanna survive in the Congo amid all the hard work?
9. What happens when the family first arrives in the Congo?
10. How did Orleanna meet Nathan? How did their relationship change?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)