|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Orleanna when she met Nathan?
2. What makes the Price house different than the others in the village?
(a) Glass windows
(b) The size of the bathroom
(c) The color of the walls
(d) Dirt floors
3. What does Anatole have on his face?
4. Who comes for dinner at the Price's house?
(a) Anatole, the schoolteacher
(b) Pascal, a boy in the village
(c) Mama Tataba, the cook
(d) Eeban Axelroot, the pilot
5. What takes up half the day in the Congo?
(a) Visiting people
(b) Caring for the chickens
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls get from Mother for Christmas?
2. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
3. What does Rachel tolerate in Africa that she would not have at home?
4. What does Leah picture as her future career?
5. How many daughters does Orleanna have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Orleanna survive in the Congo amid all the hard work?
2. What does Nathan Price's opinion of women seem to be based on the events and narration in Book 1?
3. What is Leah's relationship with her father like in Book 1?
4. How does the relationship between the Price girls and the village children change in Book 2?
5. What does Rachel think about the Congo on the day of the church picnic? How is she different than the people in the Congo?
6. What are some of the superstitions that the villagers have? Why do you think they have these superstitions?
7. What does Nathan want to happen on the day of the church picnic? Does this happen? Why or why not?
8. Who does Ruth May think the Congolese are in Book 1? Who are the white people that Ruth May says are now in the Congo?
9. How did Orleanna meet Nathan? How did their relationship change?
10. Who is Mama Tataba? What does she try to help Nathan with? What does he do with her advice?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)