|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Prices travel to which country to serve as missionaries?
(c) New Guinea
2. What happens to families in Nathan's congregation that lose a child?
(a) They stay in the church
(b) They adopt another baby
(c) They call on Nathan for advice
(d) They go back to ancestor worship
3. What does Nathan Price do with the hills that Mama Tataba made in the garden?
(a) Ignores them
(b) Levels them out
(c) Plants seed in them
(d) Uses them as a model for his own hills
4. In Book 1, to where do the women and the girls go through the forest?
(a) A hut
(c) The river
(d) A church service
5. Which Price daughter is the youngest?
(b) Ruth May
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did Orleanna and the family have to carry water?
2. Where does Adah go when she gets home?
3. What does Orleanna make for the picnic at Easter?
4. Why does Mother cry on Rachel's birthday?
5. How many meals does Orleanna feed her family in the Congo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama Tataba quit working for the Prices? Do you agree with her decision?
2. Who is Mama Tataba? What does she try to help Nathan with? What does he do with her advice?
3. Who does Ruth May think the Congolese are in Book 1? Who are the white people that Ruth May says are now in the Congo?
4. Book 2 opens with a startling revelation about the Price family. What does the Orleanna say is going to happen to the family? What do you think will happen in the rest of the book to make this come true?
5. What responsibilities to the girls have when mother is in bed? Does Nathan make the situation easier or harder on them?
6. Why do the people of the village stare at the Prices? Which family member did people used to stare at? Why do you think this person seems more normal to the villagers than the other family members?
7. What does the family bring with them to the Congo? What troubles did they have in getting these things to the Congo? How did they solve the problem?
8. What does Book 2 tell us about Nathan and his relationship to the family?
9. Why do you think Orleanna stays with Nathan despite the ways that he treats her?
10. How does Orleanna survive in the Congo amid all the hard work?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)