|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Price daughter is the youngest?
(a) Ruth May
2. Who warns people away from Nathan's church?
(a) Orleanna Price
(b) Eeban Axelroot
(c) Mama Tataba
(d) Chief Ndu
3. What does the chief of the village want Nathan to say is acceptable?
(a) Smoking a pipe
(c) Having more than one wife
(d) Working on Sundays
4. What punishment does their father give the Price girls?
(a) The verse
(c) Washing dishes
(d) A spanking
5. Why do the people not want their children to go down to the riverbank?
(a) The current is too strong to swim in
(b) They believe a spirit lives there
(c) The water carries diseases
(d) A crocodile killed a girl the year before
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nathan in the war?
2. What do the Price girls hide in their pockets on the airplane?
3. What does Adah think that the church in Kilanga has become?
4. What does the family eat a lot of?
5. The Prices think that who was attacked by a lion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anatole find in his hut? What is this a sign of? What happens to Anatole?
2. Orleanna characterizes Nathan as someone who stands still. What does she mean by this?
3. What happens to Ruth May's sock monkey? How does she feel about this?
4. What living creature invades Kilanga? What do the villagers do?
5. What does the family bring with them to the Congo? What troubles did they have in getting these things to the Congo? How did they solve the problem?
6. Why do you think Adah says that the loss of life isn't always unwelcome?
7. What does Nathan want to happen on the day of the church picnic? Does this happen? Why or why not?
8. What happens in Book 2 that makes the Price family and the villagers think that Adah has died? What really happened?
9. What does Book 2 tell us about Nathan and his relationship to the family?
10. How is Orleanna changed when she finally gets up from bed? Who does she influence?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)