|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Orleanna think she was when she woke sometimes?
(a) Chicago, Illinois
(b) Atlanta, Georgia
(c) Pearl, Mississippi
(d) Lawrence, Kansas
2. How many daughters does Orleanna have?
3. Why does Mother cry on Rachel's birthday?
(a) She remembers Rachel's birth
(b) Nathan yells at her
(c) The cake doesn't turn out
(d) She cuts herself accidentally
4. How far did Orleanna and the family have to carry water?
(a) A half a mile
(b) From the kitchen
(c) A mile and a half
(d) One mile
5. How much money does the family receive as a stipend each month?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
2. What makes the Price house different than the others in the village?
3. Where is the church supper held?
4. When did Nathan start hitting Orleanna?
5. Why does Adah now think that she and Leah have separate lives even though they are twins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Nathan and Leah go in Book 2? What do they see?
2. Why do the people of the village stare at the Prices? Which family member did people used to stare at? Why do you think this person seems more normal to the villagers than the other family members?
3. Who is Nelson? Why does Anatole send Nelson to live with the Prices?
4. How did Orleanna meet Nathan? How did their relationship change?
5. Why do you think Orleanna stays with Nathan despite the ways that he treats her?
6. What happens in Book 2 that makes the Price family and the villagers think that Adah has died? What really happened?
7. What responsibilities to the girls have when mother is in bed? Does Nathan make the situation easier or harder on them?
8. Why does Orleanna go to the Congo? With whom does she go?
9. How does Orleanna survive in the Congo amid all the hard work?
10. What does Nathan want to happen on the day of the church picnic? Does this happen? Why or why not?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)