|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Prices are going to serve in which town?
2. What does Nelson tell Ruth May to say instead of "snake?"
3. What happens to families in Nathan's congregation that lose a child?
(a) They call on Nathan for advice
(b) They go back to ancestor worship
(c) They stay in the church
(d) They adopt another baby
4. Where does Leah think that the quote Adah gives her is from?
(a) Treasure Island
(b) The gospel of Luke
(c) A book of nursery rhymes
5. In what year did Orleanna and her family leave the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leah picture as her future career?
2. Who shows up at the Price's in January?
3. What are sandals made of in Kilanga?
4. Orleanna was a child of what era?
5. What was the hardest work for Orleanna in the Congo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Anatole? Why is Nathan angry with Anatole?
2. What does Orleanna remember about Africa in Book 1?
3. What is the Price house like? How is it different than other houses in the village?
4. How does Orleanna survive in the Congo amid all the hard work?
5. What does Book 2 tell us about Nathan and his relationship to the family?
6. How does the relationship between the Price girls and the village children change in Book 2?
7. Book 2 opens with a startling revelation about the Price family. What does the Orleanna say is going to happen to the family? What do you think will happen in the rest of the book to make this come true?
8. What does Nathan want to happen on the day of the church picnic? Does this happen? Why or why not?
9. Why do the people of the village stare at the Prices? Which family member did people used to stare at? Why do you think this person seems more normal to the villagers than the other family members?
10. Why do the Underdowns come to Kilanga? How does Nathan respond?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)