|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, to where do the women and the girls go through the forest?
(b) A church service
(c) A hut
(d) The river
2. How many pounds of luggage per person were the Prices allowed on the plane?
(a) 20 pounds
(b) 75 pounds
(c) 150 pounds
(d) 44 pounds
3. Whose job is it to keep an eye on Ruth May?
4. What do the Price girls hide in their pockets on the airplane?
(b) Hair clips
(d) Betty Crocker cake mixes
5. In what year did Orleanna and her family leave the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson tell Ruth May to say instead of "snake?"
2. Why are there no fruits or vegetables in the garden?
3. What does Orleanna make for the picnic at Easter?
4. Who warns people away from Nathan's church?
5. Where did Orleanna think she was when she woke sometimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ruth May in Book 2 as she is spying on the Jimmy Crow boys? What does she discover in the events that take place?
2. What happens to Ruth May's sock monkey? How does she feel about this?
3. How does Orleanna survive in the Congo amid all the hard work?
4. Why does Adah think that church should be called the "Church of the Lost Cause." What does Nathan think about this?
5. What responsibilities to the girls have when mother is in bed? Does Nathan make the situation easier or harder on them?
6. Why does Mama Tataba quit working for the Prices? Do you agree with her decision?
7. Who is Nelson? Why does Anatole send Nelson to live with the Prices?
8. In Book 1, Rachel feels like the family is "in for it" in the Congo. Why do you think that Rachel feels this way?
9. What happens in Book 2 that makes the Price family and the villagers think that Adah has died? What really happened?
10. What is the Verse? Why do the girls get the Verse? Who is really to blame?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)