|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many meals does Orleanna feed her family in the Congo?
2. The Prices think that who was attacked by a lion?
(c) Eeban Axelroot
(d) Ruth May
3. What does Methuselah do that makes Nathan angry?
(a) Says a swear word
(b) Sings too loud
(c) Gets out of his cage
(d) Eats Nathan's sermon paper
4. Who greets the Prices when they land in Africa?
(a) The Blanktons
(b) The Edwards
(c) The Joneses
(d) The Underdowns
5. What does Rachel tolerate in Africa that she would not have at home?
(a) Her father telling her what to do
(b) Eating pork
(c) Her mother holding her hand
(d) Wearing a pink dress
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds of luggage per person were the Prices allowed on the plane?
2. Which Price daughter is the youngest?
3. Why do the people not want their children to go down to the riverbank?
4. What lesson does Nathan Price give Leah about why God gave people seeds?
5. Why do people keep staring at Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
2. Who is Brother Fowles? How is he different from Nathan?
3. In Book 1, Orleanna says, "Married to a man who would never love her, she stays his wife because it was what she can do." What do you think she means by this?
4. What happened to Patrice Lumumba?
5. Why do the Underdowns come to Kilanga? How does Nathan respond?
6. What does Leah want to do with the men in the village? Who is not happy about this? How does Leah get her way?
7. What does Nathan want to happen on the day of the church picnic? Does this happen? Why or why not?
8. What responsibilities to the girls have when mother is in bed? Does Nathan make the situation easier or harder on them?
9. Where do Nathan and Leah go in Book 2? What do they see?
10. Why do you think Adah says that the loss of life isn't always unwelcome?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)