|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this chapter reveal about what is going to happen?
(a) The family returns to the United States
(b) The Price's house burns down
(c) A civil war breaks out in the Congo
(d) One of Orleanna's daughters is buried in Africa
2. Where did Orleanna meet Nathan?
(a) In college
(b) At a tent revival
(c) At a friend's home
(d) In high school
3. What do the Price girls hide in their pockets on the airplane?
(b) Hair clips
(c) Betty Crocker cake mixes
4. Ruth May thinks that Africans are from the tribes of ________?
5. How many meals does Orleanna feed her family in the Congo?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did Orleanna and the family have to carry water?
2. What is the parrot's name that was left by Brother Fowles?
3. Why does Adah now think that she and Leah have separate lives even though they are twins?
4. Who narrates Book 1?
5. Where does the family put the only mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nathan Price's opinion of women seem to be based on the events and narration in Book 1?
2. Why do the Underdowns come to Kilanga? How does Nathan respond?
3. Who is Mama Tataba? What does she try to help Nathan with? What does he do with her advice?
4. What does Nathan want to happen on the day of the church picnic? Does this happen? Why or why not?
5. Why does Orleanna go to the Congo? With whom does she go?
6. Where do Nathan and Leah go in Book 2? What do they see?
7. What happens in Book 2 that makes the Price family and the villagers think that Adah has died? What really happened?
8. Orleanna says that her journey in Africa came to a bad end in Book 1. What do you think will happen that will make Orleanna's journey end badly?
9. What happens when the family first arrives in the Congo?
10. What does Book 2 tell us about Nathan and his relationship to the family?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)