|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orleanna's journey in Africa come to what kind of end?
2. Who comes for dinner at the Price's house?
(a) Mama Tataba, the cook
(b) Anatole, the schoolteacher
(c) Pascal, a boy in the village
(d) Eeban Axelroot, the pilot
3. What do the local women feed their families?
4. Ruth May thinks that Africans are from the tribes of ________?
5. Who narrates Book 1?
(a) Ruth May
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Nathan start hitting Orleanna?
2. How far did Orleanna and the family have to carry water?
3. What does Nelson tell Ruth May to say instead of "snake?"
4. What do the Price girls hide in their pockets on the airplane?
5. How many pounds of luggage per person were the Prices allowed on the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mama Tataba? What does she try to help Nathan with? What does he do with her advice?
2. How does Orleanna survive in the Congo amid all the hard work?
3. Orleanna says that her journey in Africa came to a bad end in Book 1. What do you think will happen that will make Orleanna's journey end badly?
4. What does Rachel think about the Congo on the day of the church picnic? How is she different than the people in the Congo?
5. In Book 1, Rachel feels like the family is "in for it" in the Congo. Why do you think that Rachel feels this way?
6. How did Orleanna meet Nathan? How did their relationship change?
7. What happens to Ruth May's sock monkey? How does she feel about this?
8. What is the Verse? Why do the girls get the Verse? Who is really to blame?
9. Why does Mama Tataba quit working for the Prices? Do you agree with her decision?
10. Why does Adah think that church should be called the "Church of the Lost Cause." What does Nathan think about this?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)