|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the parrot's name that was left by Brother Fowles?
2. Who is the oldest of the Price daughters?
(a) Ruth May
3. What does Nelson tell Ruth May to say instead of "snake?"
4. Who greets the Prices when they land in Africa?
(a) The Edwards
(b) The Underdowns
(c) The Joneses
(d) The Blanktons
5. What happens to Nathan in the war?
(a) He goes to Canada to avoid the draft
(b) He is injured and his company dies
(c) He become a chaplain
(d) He saves a Congressman's son
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds of luggage per person were the Prices allowed on the plane?
2. Where does Leah think that the quote Adah gives her is from?
3. Mama Tataba says that Nathan should do what in the garden?
4. Where does Adah go when she gets home?
5. Leah helps her father where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the people of the village stare at the Prices? Which family member did people used to stare at? Why do you think this person seems more normal to the villagers than the other family members?
2. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
3. How is Orleanna changed when she finally gets up from bed? Who does she influence?
4. Why do the Underdowns come to Kilanga? How does Nathan respond?
5. What are some of the superstitions that the villagers have? Why do you think they have these superstitions?
6. Where does each of the girls go after Ruth May's death?
7. What happens during the big hunt?
8. What happens to Ruth May's sock monkey? How does she feel about this?
9. How did Orleanna meet Nathan? How did their relationship change?
10. What do Rachel and Adah learn? From where do they each learn this?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)