|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family eat a lot of?
2. The Prices travel to which country to serve as missionaries?
(d) New Guinea
3. When does Nathan say that family will leave?
(a) When the family is ready
(b) When it gets too dangerous
(c) When the new missionaries arrive
(d) When the election happens
4. What takes up half the day in the Congo?
(a) Visiting people
(b) Caring for the chickens
5. Ruth May thinks that Africans are from the tribes of ________?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Prices told is going to happen in the Congo?
2. What does Nathan Price do with the hills that Mama Tataba made in the garden?
3. Where does Mr. Axelroot live?
4. Orleanna's journey in Africa come to what kind of end?
5. Mama Tataba says that Nathan should do what in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Orleanna go to the Congo? With whom does she go?
2. How is Adah different than the rest of her family?
3. What are some of the superstitions that the villagers have? Why do you think they have these superstitions?
4. What happens to Ruth May in Book 2 as she is spying on the Jimmy Crow boys? What does she discover in the events that take place?
5. Why does Mama Tataba quit working for the Prices? Do you agree with her decision?
6. Why do you think Orleanna stays with Nathan despite the ways that he treats her?
7. Who is Mama Tataba? What does she try to help Nathan with? What does he do with her advice?
8. Who is Nelson? Why does Anatole send Nelson to live with the Prices?
9. Orleanna says that her journey in Africa came to a bad end in Book 1. What do you think will happen that will make Orleanna's journey end badly?
10. What was life like in the Congo for Orleanna?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)