Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at the Price's in January?
(a) Nathan's brother Ted
(b) The Underdowns
(c) Chief Mwanza
(d) Mama Tataba
2. Where did Orleanna meet Nathan?
(a) At a tent revival
(b) In college
(c) At a friend's home
(d) In high school
3. In Book 1, Orleanna says that Africa afflicted her like what?
(a) A bout of a rare disease
(b) A case of puppy love
(c) A stomach bug
(d) A panic attack
4. How much money does the family receive as a stipend each month?
5. Where does the family put the only mirror?
(a) The bathroom
(b) Rachel's bedroom
(c) The living room
(d) The kitchen
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orleanna feel was on Nathan's side?
2. In Book 1, to where do the women and the girls go through the forest?
3. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
4. What do the girls find after the rain?
5. Mama Mwanza does not have what part of her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leah want to do with the men in the village? Who is not happy about this? How does Leah get her way?
2. In Book 1, Orleanna says, "Married to a man who would never love her, she stays his wife because it was what she can do." What do you think she means by this?
3. Why do you think Adah begins to speak after Ruth May's death when she chose to remain silent before it?
4. Why does Rachel think that she can't go back to the United States now?
5. What happens when the family first arrives in the Congo?
6. Why does Adah think that church should be called the "Church of the Lost Cause." What does Nathan think about this?
7. What does Orleanna remember about Africa in Book 1?
8. Who is Brother Fowles? How is he different from Nathan?
9. What happens to Ruth May in Book 2 as she is spying on the Jimmy Crow boys? What does she discover in the events that take place?
10. How does the relationship between the Price girls and the village children change in Book 2?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)