|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Orleanna think she was when she woke sometimes?
(a) Pearl, Mississippi
(b) Chicago, Illinois
(c) Atlanta, Georgia
(d) Lawrence, Kansas
2. Where is the church supper held?
(a) In the church building
(b) In the center of the village
(c) At the Price's home
(d) On the riverbank
3. What do the local women feed their families?
4. What do the girls find after the rain?
(a) A basket
(b) A nest of birds
(c) An old shirt
(d) A toy boat
5. Who does Orleanna feel was on Nathan's side?
(d) Chief Ndu
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama Mwanza bring the family?
2. Orleanna's journey in Africa come to what kind of end?
3. Where did Orleanna meet Nathan?
4. How many pounds of luggage per person were the Prices allowed on the plane?
5. What do the girls get from Mother for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Verse? Why do the girls get the Verse? Who is really to blame?
2. What does Nathan Price's opinion of women seem to be based on the events and narration in Book 1?
3. What was life like in the Congo for Orleanna?
4. What are some of the superstitions that the villagers have? Why do you think they have these superstitions?
5. What does Book 2 tell us about Nathan and his relationship to the family?
6. Why do the Underdowns come to Kilanga? How does Nathan respond?
7. How does the relationship between the Price girls and the village children change in Book 2?
8. Who is Mama Tataba? What does she try to help Nathan with? What does he do with her advice?
9. Why do you think Orleanna stays with Nathan despite the ways that he treats her?
10. What happens to Ruth May's sock monkey? How does she feel about this?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)