|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Price girls hide in their pockets on the airplane?
(a) Betty Crocker cake mixes
(d) Hair clips
2. Who is the first of the Prices to interact with the village children?
(a) Ruth May
3. Leah and Adah have what color hair?
4. What happens to Nathan in the war?
(a) He goes to Canada to avoid the draft
(b) He saves a Congressman's son
(c) He is injured and his company dies
(d) He become a chaplain
5. Why does Orleanna stay with her husband?
(a) Because she doesn't have the money to leave
(b) Because he loves her
(c) Because it is what she can do
(d) Because she thinks that he is a great husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people not want their children to go down to the riverbank?
2. What animal does Leah try to keep as a pet, but releases after Nelson tells her that the villagers won't like it?
3. What does Methuselah do that makes Nathan angry?
4. What are sandals made of in Kilanga?
5. All the men in the village are called what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think that Adah chooses not to speak?
2. Why does Mama Tataba quit working for the Prices? Do you agree with her decision?
3. What is Leah's relationship with her father like in Book 1?
4. What does the family bring with them to the Congo? What troubles did they have in getting these things to the Congo? How did they solve the problem?
5. What does Rachel think about the Congo on the day of the church picnic? How is she different than the people in the Congo?
6. In Book 1, Rachel feels like the family is "in for it" in the Congo. Why do you think that Rachel feels this way?
7. What is the Verse? Why do the girls get the Verse? Who is really to blame?
8. What happens in Book 2 that makes the Price family and the villagers think that Adah has died? What really happened?
9. What happens when the family first arrives in the Congo?
10. Who is Nelson? Why does Anatole send Nelson to live with the Prices?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)