|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes for dinner at the Price's house?
(a) Pascal, a boy in the village
(b) Mama Tataba, the cook
(c) Eeban Axelroot, the pilot
(d) Anatole, the schoolteacher
2. How many pounds of luggage per person were the Prices allowed on the plane?
(a) 75 pounds
(b) 150 pounds
(c) 44 pounds
(d) 20 pounds
3. Before the Prices came to the Congo, which daughter was often stared at?
(c) Ruth May
4. What do the Price girls hide in their pockets on the airplane?
(a) Betty Crocker cake mixes
(d) Hair clips
5. How far did Orleanna and the family have to carry water?
(a) One mile
(b) A mile and a half
(c) From the kitchen
(d) A half a mile
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 1, Orleanna says that Africa afflicted her like what?
2. What do the girls do in the mornings?
3. What does Adah think that the church in Kilanga has become?
4. Orleanna's journey in Africa come to what kind of end?
5. Ruth May thinks that Africans are from the tribes of ________?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family bring with them to the Congo? What troubles did they have in getting these things to the Congo? How did they solve the problem?
2. What is Leah's relationship with her father like in Book 1?
3. What does Leah tell Anatole? What does he tell her in return? Why do you think he responds this way?
4. What responsibilities to the girls have when mother is in bed? Does Nathan make the situation easier or harder on them?
5. What does Orleanna remember about Africa in Book 1?
6. What does Anatole find in his hut? What is this a sign of? What happens to Anatole?
7. Why does Mama Tataba quit working for the Prices? Do you agree with her decision?
8. Why does Orleanna go to the Congo? With whom does she go?
9. How does Orleanna survive in the Congo amid all the hard work?
10. What are some of the superstitions that the villagers have? Why do you think they have these superstitions?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)