|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does their father give the Price girls?
(a) Washing dishes
(c) A spanking
(d) The verse
2. Where does Adah go when she gets home?
(a) To her bedroom
(b) To the kitchen
(c) To the living room
(d) To the hammock
3. How long does the family plan to stay in Africa?
(a) 5 years
(b) 4 months
(c) 2 years
(d) 1 year
4. Who shows up at the Price's in January?
(a) Chief Mwanza
(b) Mama Tataba
(c) The Underdowns
(d) Nathan's brother Ted
5. Who greets the Prices when they land in Africa?
(a) The Joneses
(b) The Edwards
(c) The Blanktons
(d) The Underdowns
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Axelroot live?
2. When did Nathan start hitting Orleanna?
3. What does Anatole send after having dinner with the Prices?
4. What animal does Leah try to keep as a pet, but releases after Nelson tells her that the villagers won't like it?
5. Who narrates Book 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Underdowns come to Kilanga? How does Nathan respond?
2. How did Orleanna meet Nathan? How did their relationship change?
3. In Book 1, Orleanna says, "Married to a man who would never love her, she stays his wife because it was what she can do." What do you think she means by this?
4. What is Leah's relationship with her father like in Book 1?
5. Who is Nelson? Why does Anatole send Nelson to live with the Prices?
6. What happens to Ruth May in Book 2 as she is spying on the Jimmy Crow boys? What does she discover in the events that take place?
7. How is Adah different than the rest of her family?
8. What happens to Ruth May's sock monkey? How does she feel about this?
9. How does the relationship between the Price girls and the village children change in Book 2?
10. Who is Anatole? Why is Nathan angry with Anatole?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)