|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leah create controversy over wanting to do?
(a) Marry Pascal
(b) Preach in the church
(c) Eat ants
(d) Participate in the big hunt
2. Where does Rachel go after Ruth May's death?
(a) The United States
(b) South Africa
3. What does Rachel choose to save from the house?
(b) Her blanket
(d) The mirror
4. What animal did the people around Lusambo think Nathan could turn into before they killed him?
(b) Green mamba
(d) Water buffalo
5. What is the name of the hotel that Rachel owns?
(b) Hotel de Africa
(d) African Queen
6. Why do the mother and daughters want to go back to Kilanga?
(a) To find their father
(b) To kill the man who killed the youngest daughter
(c) To look for the things that they left behind
(d) To put a grave marker up for the youngest daughter
7. What does Ruth May have to do to get her spirit in the bone, according to Nelson?
(a) Hold it to her heart
(b) Breath in the hole
(c) Will her spirit into it
(d) Step on it
8. What does the chapter imply that Ruth May has become?
(a) A lion
(b) An owl
(c) A green mamba
(d) A ghost
9. What do people vote with in the church election?
(a) Their hands
10. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
(a) The neediest
(b) The twins
(c) The first
(d) The last
11. Who gets left behind as the family flees?
(a) Ruth May
12. What does Anatole find in his bed before the big hunt?
(a) A lion cub
(b) A knife
(c) A scorpion
(d) A green mamba
13. What does Anatole tell Leah not to say?
(a) That she wants to go home
(b) That she hates Africa
(c) That she'll go with him to Leopoldville
(d) That she loves him
14. After Leah disobeys Father, with what do the girls and Orleanna sleep?
(a) Stuffed animals
(b) Knives and kitchen utensils
(c) Their clothes
(d) Food from the kitchen
15. Who is the last of Leah and Anatole's children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Mother get up?
2. What new name was the Congo given?
3. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
4. Which family member refuses to take any responsibility for what happened to Ruth May?
5. How old is Rachel turning in the beginning of Book 6?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)