|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leah wish that she could give to her father?
(a) The knowledge that you need to stick to your guns
(b) The belief that family is the most important thing in life
(c) The relief of knowing you've done something wrong and can live through it
(d) The desire to become African like she did
2. With what illness does Leah become sick?
3. Adah collects books that have what in them?
(a) Bad characters
(b) Missing pages
4. What color is inside the green mamba's mouth?
5. What does the old woman give to Mother?
(a) A picture of her daughters
(b) A beaded necklace
(c) A carved okapi
(d) A mirror
6. Why do the mother and daughters want to go back to Kilanga?
(a) To put a grave marker up for the youngest daughter
(b) To find their father
(c) To kill the man who killed the youngest daughter
(d) To look for the things that they left behind
7. Where does Brother Fowles and his family live?
(a) In Kilanga
(b) In a tree house
(c) In Leopoldville
(d) On a boat
8. How did Orleanna stay alive after Ruth May's death?
9. What happens to Anatole in the year after Ruth May's death?
(a) He becomes sick with malaria
(b) He is imprisoned
(c) He dies
(d) He marries Adah
10. What did Ruth May see in Eeban Axelroot's plane?
11. What is Leah learning?
(a) Basket weaving
(b) Bow hunting
12. How long does Ruth May stay in bed?
(a) One month
(b) Three weeks
(c) Five months
(d) One week
13. Who has not changed in the Congo?
14. What makes everyone run to the river?
15. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
(a) The last
(b) The twins
(c) The neediest
(d) The first
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adah miss by the end of Book 5?
2. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
3. What does Anatole tell Leah not to say?
4. What animal does Leah kill during the big hunt?
5. Where does Orleanna put Ruth May's body?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)