|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leah begin to wonder?
(a) If Adah can care for the chickens
(b) If Pascal likes her
(c) If Eeban Axelroot is selling diamonds
(d) If her father is wrong to keep them in the Congo
2. Where are the woman and her three children in Book 7?
(a) A market in Africa
(b) A restaurant in Africa
(c) Leah's house
(d) Rachel's hotel
3. What does Leah create controversy over wanting to do?
(a) Marry Pascal
(b) Eat ants
(c) Participate in the big hunt
(d) Preach in the church
4. What does Anatole tell Leah not to say?
(a) That she'll go with him to Leopoldville
(b) That she hates Africa
(c) That she loves him
(d) That she wants to go home
5. What does Mother promise to help Rachel learn to do?
(a) Haul water
(c) Braid her hair
6. Why can't the mother and daughters go to Kilanga?
(a) A war
(b) A flood
(c) Mother's too old to make the journey
(d) Adah can't walk anymore
7. Nelson thinks what stole Ruth May's soul?
(a) An owl
(b) A ghost
(c) An ancestor
(d) A snake
8. What never occurred to Orleanna before Ruth May died?
(a) To trust the people of Kilanga
(b) To stay in the Congo
(c) To pay off Eeban Axelroot to take her home
(d) To leave Nathan because of being unhappy with him
9. When was the last time that the mother and her three daughters were all together?
(a) The day that the father was buried
(b) The death of the youngest child
(c) One of the daughter's college graduation
(d) The oldest child's 50th birthday
10. Where is Orleanna when she listens to the Congressional hearings?
(a) New York
11. Who does Rachel think is the cause of all the problems?
12. What does Tata Ndu want from the Prices?
(a) To marry Rachel
(b) For the family to leave
(c) Their chickens
(d) Nathan's blessing
13. What new name was the Congo given?
14. What does Orleanna do with the furniture?
(a) Burns it
(b) Puts it in front of the door to keep Nathan out
(c) Breaks it
(d) Gives it away
15. What does Ruth May have to do to get her spirit in the bone, according to Nelson?
(a) Breath in the hole
(b) Step on it
(c) Will her spirit into it
(d) Hold it to her heart
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rachel on her birthday?
2. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
3. In what year does the CIA suggest replacing the Congolese government?
4. The way that Nathan pronounces "Bangala" makes the word mean what?
5. After Leah disobeys Father, with what do the girls and Orleanna sleep?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)