|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leah begin to wonder?
(a) If Pascal likes her
(b) If her father is wrong to keep them in the Congo
(c) If Adah can care for the chickens
(d) If Eeban Axelroot is selling diamonds
2. When was the last time that the mother and her three daughters were all together?
(a) One of the daughter's college graduation
(b) The day that the father was buried
(c) The death of the youngest child
(d) The oldest child's 50th birthday
3. What does Leah create controversy over wanting to do?
(a) Participate in the big hunt
(b) Eat ants
(c) Preach in the church
(d) Marry Pascal
4. What is Leah learning?
(a) Basket weaving
(b) Bow hunting
5. What does Anatole tell Leah not to say?
(a) That she wants to go home
(b) That she loves him
(c) That she'll go with him to Leopoldville
(d) That she hates Africa
6. Who does Rachel think is the cause of all the problems?
7. What does Ruth May have to do to get her spirit in the bone, according to Nelson?
(a) Breath in the hole
(b) Will her spirit into it
(c) Step on it
(d) Hold it to her heart
8. Where is Orleanna when she listens to the Congressional hearings?
(d) New York
9. How long after the Congo's independence does Congress look into the United States' secret operations?
(a) 15 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 1 year
10. Adah collects books that have what in them?
(b) Bad characters
(d) Missing pages
11. Nelson thinks what stole Ruth May's soul?
(a) An ancestor
(b) A ghost
(c) A snake
(d) An owl
12. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
(a) An owl
(b) A lion
(d) An evil sign
13. Who votes for Jesus in the church election in the Price family?
(d) Ruth May
14. Why do the mother and daughters want to go back to Kilanga?
(a) To put a grave marker up for the youngest daughter
(b) To look for the things that they left behind
(c) To kill the man who killed the youngest daughter
(d) To find their father
15. What animal did the people around Lusambo think Nathan could turn into before they killed him?
(a) Green mamba
(b) Water buffalo
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rachel think Brother Fowles looks like?
2. What does Adah miss by the end of Book 5?
3. How much money does the United States provide for loyalty?
4. How long does Ruth May stay in bed?
5. After Leah disobeys Father, with what do the girls and Orleanna sleep?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)