|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathan preach about in the boat?
(a) The birth of Jesus
(b) The Eygptians and the plagues
(d) The Ten Commandments
2. What do the girls find when they take Ruth May's bed away from the wall?
(b) Ruth May's sock monkey
(c) A snake
(d) Malaria pills
3. What does Orleanna do when she reaches the edge of the village?
(a) Screams at Nathan
(c) Keeps walking
(d) Stands and looks back
4. What does the chapter imply that Ruth May has become?
(a) A ghost
(b) A green mamba
(c) A lion
(d) An owl
5. Where does Orleanna put Ruth May's body?
(a) The hammock
(b) The dining room table
(c) The couch
(d) Her bed
6. Who does Rachel think Brother Fowles looks like?
(b) Her grandfather
(c) Richard Nixon
(d) Santa Claus
7. Whose picture did Orleanna have in the kitchen house?
8. What becomes Orleanna's only purpose after Ruth May's death?
9. Where are the woman and her three children in Book 7?
(a) Leah's house
(b) A market in Africa
(c) Rachel's hotel
(d) A restaurant in Africa
10. Who gets left behind as the family flees?
(a) Ruth May
11. Adah collects books that have what in them?
(b) Bad characters
(c) Missing pages
12. Why do the mother and daughters want to go back to Kilanga?
(a) To kill the man who killed the youngest daughter
(b) To put a grave marker up for the youngest daughter
(c) To find their father
(d) To look for the things that they left behind
13. How long after the Congo's independence does Congress look into the United States' secret operations?
(a) 1 year
(b) 5 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 10 years
14. What did Ruth May see in Eeban Axelroot's plane?
15. What is Leah learning?
(a) Basket weaving
(c) Bow hunting
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leah kill on the anniversary of Ruth May's death?
2. Who has not changed in the Congo?
3. What does Leah begin to wonder?
4. How old is Rachel on her birthday?
5. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)