|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Leah kill during the big hunt?
(a) Water buffalo
2. What does the old woman give to Mother?
(a) A beaded necklace
(b) A mirror
(c) A carved okapi
(d) A picture of her daughters
3. According to Ruth May, who is last in the family?
(d) Ruth May
4. For what does Adah think that Mother waits?
5. What does Tata Ndu want from the Prices?
(a) For the family to leave
(b) To marry Rachel
(c) Their chickens
(d) Nathan's blessing
6. What does Adah study in her work?
(a) Water supplies
(b) Funeral customs
7. What does Rachel choose to save from the house?
(b) Her blanket
(d) The mirror
8. What does Leah begin to wonder?
(a) If Adah can care for the chickens
(b) If her father is wrong to keep them in the Congo
(c) If Eeban Axelroot is selling diamonds
(d) If Pascal likes her
9. What does Ruth May have to do to get her spirit in the bone, according to Nelson?
(a) Step on it
(b) Hold it to her heart
(c) Breath in the hole
(d) Will her spirit into it
10. Why can't the mother and daughters go to Kilanga?
(a) A flood
(b) Mother's too old to make the journey
(c) A war
(d) Adah can't walk anymore
11. Who has not changed in the Congo?
12. What does Leah kill on the anniversary of Ruth May's death?
(a) An antelope
(b) A snake
(c) Tata Kuvudundu
(d) Nathan Price
13. What does Nathan preach about in the boat?
(a) The birth of Jesus
(b) The Eygptians and the plagues
(d) The Ten Commandments
14. What happens to Patrice Lumumba?
(a) He is reinstated as president
(b) He is beaten and killed
(c) He goes into hiding for twenty years
(d) He is exile to the United States
15. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
(a) A lion
(b) An owl
(c) An evil sign
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
2. Whose picture did Orleanna have in the kitchen house?
3. What is Leah learning?
4. The Prices make it look like Rachel is engaged to whom?
5. Adah collects books that have what in them?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)