|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ruth May stay in bed?
(a) One month
(b) One week
(c) Five months
(d) Three weeks
2. What becomes Orleanna's only purpose after Ruth May's death?
3. Where does Brother Fowles and his family live?
(a) In Leopoldville
(b) In a tree house
(c) In Kilanga
(d) On a boat
4. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
(a) The first
(b) The twins
(c) The last
(d) The neediest
5. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
(a) An owl
(b) A lion
(d) An evil sign
6. What does Leah begin to wonder?
(a) If her father is wrong to keep them in the Congo
(b) If Eeban Axelroot is selling diamonds
(c) If Pascal likes her
(d) If Adah can care for the chickens
7. What does Orleanna do with the furniture?
(a) Burns it
(b) Breaks it
(c) Puts it in front of the door to keep Nathan out
(d) Gives it away
8. What new name was the Congo given?
9. Who gets left behind as the family flees?
(d) Ruth May
10. What is the name of the hotel that Rachel owns?
(b) Hotel de Africa
(d) African Queen
11. What does Anatole mourn for on January 17?
(a) The loss of the village
(b) The lost independence
(c) Nathan Price
(d) His parents
12. Who does the green mamba bite?
(d) Ruth May
13. What never occurred to Orleanna before Ruth May died?
(a) To stay in the Congo
(b) To leave Nathan because of being unhappy with him
(c) To pay off Eeban Axelroot to take her home
(d) To trust the people of Kilanga
14. The Prices make it look like Rachel is engaged to whom?
(c) Chief Ndu
(d) Eeban Axelroot
15. How old is Rachel turning in the beginning of Book 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what illness does Leah become sick?
2. The way that Nathan pronounces "Bangala" makes the word mean what?
3. What does Leah wish that she could give to her father?
4. What happens to Anatole in the year after Ruth May's death?
5. Why do the mother and daughters want to go back to Kilanga?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)