|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last of Leah and Anatole's children?
2. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
(a) An evil sign
(c) A lion
(d) An owl
3. What does Adah miss by the end of Book 5?
(a) The old Adah
(b) Nathan Price
(c) Mama Tataba
(d) The Congo
4. When was the last time that the mother and her three daughters were all together?
(a) The death of the youngest child
(b) One of the daughter's college graduation
(c) The oldest child's 50th birthday
(d) The day that the father was buried
5. What do the girls find when they take Ruth May's bed away from the wall?
(b) Malaria pills
(c) A snake
(d) Ruth May's sock monkey
6. Where are the woman and her three children in Book 7?
(a) A restaurant in Africa
(b) A market in Africa
(c) Rachel's hotel
(d) Leah's house
7. Where does Rachel go after Ruth May's death?
(a) South Africa
(b) The United States
8. What does Adah study in her work?
(b) Funeral customs
(c) Water supplies
9. What does the old woman give to Mother?
(a) A mirror
(b) A picture of her daughters
(c) A beaded necklace
(d) A carved okapi
10. What does Leah begin to wonder?
(a) If Eeban Axelroot is selling diamonds
(b) If Pascal likes her
(c) If Adah can care for the chickens
(d) If her father is wrong to keep them in the Congo
11. What animal does Leah kill during the big hunt?
(c) Water buffalo
12. After Leah disobeys Father, with what do the girls and Orleanna sleep?
(a) Knives and kitchen utensils
(b) Their clothes
(c) Stuffed animals
(d) Food from the kitchen
13. What happens to Anatole in the year after Ruth May's death?
(a) He is imprisoned
(b) He dies
(c) He marries Adah
(d) He becomes sick with malaria
14. What does Leah wish that she could give to her father?
(a) The relief of knowing you've done something wrong and can live through it
(b) The desire to become African like she did
(c) The belief that family is the most important thing in life
(d) The knowledge that you need to stick to your guns
15. What does Leah kill on the anniversary of Ruth May's death?
(a) Tata Kuvudundu
(b) An antelope
(c) Nathan Price
(d) A snake
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Orleanna think that Nathan is?
2. Nelson thinks what stole Ruth May's soul?
3. What does Anatole find in his bed before the big hunt?
4. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
5. What is the name of the hotel that Rachel owns?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)