|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Orleanna put Ruth May's body?
(a) The couch
(b) The dining room table
(c) The hammock
(d) Her bed
2. What is the name of the hotel that Rachel owns?
(c) Hotel de Africa
(d) African Queen
3. What do people vote with in the church election?
(b) Their hands
4. Who is the last of Leah and Anatole's children?
5. According to Ruth May, who is last in the family?
(a) Ruth May
6. What makes Mother get up?
(a) Nathan tells her to
(b) Ruth May needs a push on the swing
(c) Rachel burns an omelet
(d) Adah disappears
7. Where is Orleanna when she listens to the Congressional hearings?
(c) New York
8. What makes everyone run to the river?
9. What does Leah wish that she could give to her father?
(a) The belief that family is the most important thing in life
(b) The desire to become African like she did
(c) The relief of knowing you've done something wrong and can live through it
(d) The knowledge that you need to stick to your guns
10. What does Rachel choose to save from the house?
(b) Her blanket
(d) The mirror
11. Where does Adah go to school?
(a) Yale University
(b) Emory University
(c) Georgetown University
(d) University of Florida
12. What color is inside the green mamba's mouth?
13. What happens to Anatole in the year after Ruth May's death?
(a) He dies
(b) He is imprisoned
(c) He marries Adah
(d) He becomes sick with malaria
14. How long after the Congo's independence does Congress look into the United States' secret operations?
(a) 10 years
(b) 1 year
(c) 5 years
(d) 15 years
15. Where are the woman and her three children in Book 7?
(a) Leah's house
(b) A restaurant in Africa
(c) Rachel's hotel
(d) A market in Africa
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the United States provide for loyalty?
2. What new name was the Congo given?
3. Why can't the mother and daughters go to Kilanga?
4. Who does Rachel think is the cause of all the problems?
5. With what illness does Leah become sick?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)