|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets left behind as the family flees?
(c) Ruth May
2. Who does the green mamba bite?
(d) Ruth May
3. What never occurred to Orleanna before Ruth May died?
(a) To leave Nathan because of being unhappy with him
(b) To stay in the Congo
(c) To pay off Eeban Axelroot to take her home
(d) To trust the people of Kilanga
4. Where does Brother Fowles and his family live?
(a) In a tree house
(b) On a boat
(c) In Kilanga
(d) In Leopoldville
5. What does Leah create controversy over wanting to do?
(a) Marry Pascal
(b) Preach in the church
(c) Participate in the big hunt
(d) Eat ants
6. Why can't the mother and daughters go to Kilanga?
(a) A flood
(b) A war
(c) Mother's too old to make the journey
(d) Adah can't walk anymore
7. What does Leah begin to wonder?
(a) If Pascal likes her
(b) If Adah can care for the chickens
(c) If Eeban Axelroot is selling diamonds
(d) If her father is wrong to keep them in the Congo
8. What happens to Patrice Lumumba?
(a) He goes into hiding for twenty years
(b) He is reinstated as president
(c) He is beaten and killed
(d) He is exile to the United States
9. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
(c) The United States
10. What does Leah kill on the anniversary of Ruth May's death?
(a) An antelope
(b) Nathan Price
(c) A snake
(d) Tata Kuvudundu
11. What does Adah study in her work?
(a) Funeral customs
(b) Water supplies
12. With what illness does Leah become sick?
13. How long after the Congo's independence does Congress look into the United States' secret operations?
(a) 10 years
(b) 1 year
(c) 15 years
(d) 5 years
14. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
(a) The last
(b) The first
(c) The neediest
(d) The twins
15. What does Axelroot tell Rachel?
(a) Chief Ndu is going to be replaced
(b) He loves her
(c) Patrice Lumumba is going to die
(d) He's going to help the family escape
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls find when they take Ruth May's bed away from the wall?
2. Who does Rachel think is the cause of all the problems?
3. After Leah disobeys Father, with what do the girls and Orleanna sleep?
4. What does Anatole mourn for on January 17?
5. Who votes for Jesus in the church election in the Price family?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)