|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the Congo's independence does Congress look into the United States' secret operations?
(a) 15 years
(b) 1 year
(c) 5 years
(d) 10 years
2. Why can't the mother and daughters go to Kilanga?
(a) A war
(b) Adah can't walk anymore
(c) A flood
(d) Mother's too old to make the journey
3. What becomes Orleanna's only purpose after Ruth May's death?
4. What makes everyone run to the river?
5. Who votes for Jesus in the church election in the Price family?
(a) Ruth May
6. Who does Rachel think Brother Fowles looks like?
(b) Richard Nixon
(c) Her grandfather
(d) Santa Claus
7. Nelson thinks what stole Ruth May's soul?
(a) An ancestor
(b) An owl
(c) A ghost
(d) A snake
8. What does Leah begin to wonder?
(a) If Eeban Axelroot is selling diamonds
(b) If Adah can care for the chickens
(c) If Pascal likes her
(d) If her father is wrong to keep them in the Congo
9. Who does Rachel think is the cause of all the problems?
10. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
(a) A lion
(b) An owl
(c) An evil sign
11. What never occurred to Orleanna before Ruth May died?
(a) To pay off Eeban Axelroot to take her home
(b) To leave Nathan because of being unhappy with him
(c) To trust the people of Kilanga
(d) To stay in the Congo
12. What animal does Leah kill during the big hunt?
(d) Water buffalo
13. Where does Adah go to school?
(a) Yale University
(b) University of Florida
(c) Emory University
(d) Georgetown University
14. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
(a) The twins
(b) The first
(c) The last
(d) The neediest
15. How long does Ruth May stay in bed?
(a) Five months
(b) One month
(c) Three weeks
(d) One week
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Orleanna when she listens to the Congressional hearings?
2. Where does Orleanna put Ruth May's body?
3. With what illness does Leah become sick?
4. What does the chapter imply that Ruth May has become?
5. Who gets left behind as the family flees?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)