|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel choose to save from the house?
(b) Her blanket
(d) The mirror
2. How did Orleanna stay alive after Ruth May's death?
3. What is the name of the hotel that Rachel owns?
(a) African Queen
(c) Hotel de Africa
4. Where does Adah go to school?
(a) Yale University
(b) University of Florida
(c) Emory University
(d) Georgetown University
5. Why can't the mother and daughters go to Kilanga?
(a) Mother's too old to make the journey
(b) Adah can't walk anymore
(c) A flood
(d) A war
6. In what year does the CIA suggest replacing the Congolese government?
7. What becomes Orleanna's only purpose after Ruth May's death?
8. What do the girls find when they take Ruth May's bed away from the wall?
(a) Malaria pills
(c) A snake
(d) Ruth May's sock monkey
9. Where is Orleanna when she listens to the Congressional hearings?
(b) New York
10. Why do the mother and daughters want to go back to Kilanga?
(a) To put a grave marker up for the youngest daughter
(b) To kill the man who killed the youngest daughter
(c) To look for the things that they left behind
(d) To find their father
11. What does Tata Ndu want from the Prices?
(a) Their chickens
(b) Nathan's blessing
(c) For the family to leave
(d) To marry Rachel
12. What does the chapter imply that Ruth May has become?
(a) A ghost
(b) An owl
(c) A green mamba
(d) A lion
13. What happens to Anatole in the year after Ruth May's death?
(a) He dies
(b) He marries Adah
(c) He is imprisoned
(d) He becomes sick with malaria
14. What does Anatole find in his bed before the big hunt?
(a) A knife
(b) A scorpion
(c) A lion cub
(d) A green mamba
15. How long does Ruth May stay in bed?
(a) Three weeks
(b) Five months
(c) One week
(d) One month
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes everyone run to the river?
2. Where does Rachel go after Ruth May's death?
3. What do people vote with in the church election?
4. What did Ruth May see in Eeban Axelroot's plane?
5. According to Ruth May, who is last in the family?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)