|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the safe place that Ruth May thinks of in case she dies?
(b) Being at her grandmother's
(c) Her bed
(d) A green mamba in the trees
2. What is Leah learning?
(b) Basket weaving
(d) Bow hunting
3. What does Mother promise to help Rachel learn to do?
(b) Braid her hair
(d) Haul water
4. What does Anatole find in his bed before the big hunt?
(a) A green mamba
(b) A knife
(c) A lion cub
(d) A scorpion
5. After Leah disobeys Father, with what do the girls and Orleanna sleep?
(a) Food from the kitchen
(b) Knives and kitchen utensils
(c) Stuffed animals
(d) Their clothes
6. Where does Brother Fowles and his family live?
(a) On a boat
(b) In Kilanga
(c) In a tree house
(d) In Leopoldville
7. Who votes for Jesus in the church election in the Price family?
(c) Ruth May
8. Why do the mother and daughters want to go back to Kilanga?
(a) To kill the man who killed the youngest daughter
(b) To put a grave marker up for the youngest daughter
(c) To look for the things that they left behind
(d) To find their father
9. What becomes Orleanna's only purpose after Ruth May's death?
10. What does Tata Ndu want from the Prices?
(a) For the family to leave
(b) Their chickens
(c) Nathan's blessing
(d) To marry Rachel
11. What does Leah begin to wonder?
(a) If her father is wrong to keep them in the Congo
(b) If Adah can care for the chickens
(c) If Pascal likes her
(d) If Eeban Axelroot is selling diamonds
12. What never occurred to Orleanna before Ruth May died?
(a) To pay off Eeban Axelroot to take her home
(b) To trust the people of Kilanga
(c) To stay in the Congo
(d) To leave Nathan because of being unhappy with him
13. Who is the last of Leah and Anatole's children?
14. The Prices make it look like Rachel is engaged to whom?
(b) Eeban Axelroot
(d) Chief Ndu
15. What does Adah study in her work?
(c) Water supplies
(d) Funeral customs
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adah go to school?
2. What does Leah wish that she could give to her father?
3. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
4. How did Orleanna stay alive after Ruth May's death?
5. How long after the Congo's independence does Congress look into the United States' secret operations?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)