|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose picture did Orleanna have in the kitchen house?
2. For what does Adah think that Mother waits?
3. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
(b) A lion
(c) An evil sign
(d) An owl
4. Where are the woman and her three children in Book 7?
(a) Rachel's hotel
(b) A restaurant in Africa
(c) A market in Africa
(d) Leah's house
5. What happens to Patrice Lumumba?
(a) He is exile to the United States
(b) He goes into hiding for twenty years
(c) He is reinstated as president
(d) He is beaten and killed
6. How long after the Congo's independence does Congress look into the United States' secret operations?
(a) 1 year
(b) 10 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 15 years
7. In what year does the CIA suggest replacing the Congolese government?
8. What does Nathan preach about in the boat?
(a) The Eygptians and the plagues
(b) The birth of Jesus
(c) The Ten Commandments
9. What does Anatole mourn for on January 17?
(a) Nathan Price
(b) The loss of the village
(c) His parents
(d) The lost independence
10. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
(a) The neediest
(b) The twins
(c) The first
(d) The last
11. Who does the green mamba bite?
(a) Ruth May
12. What animal did the people around Lusambo think Nathan could turn into before they killed him?
(a) Green mamba
(c) Water buffalo
13. How much money does the United States provide for loyalty?
(a) One million dollars
(b) One hundred thousand dollars
(c) One billion dollars
(d) One thousand dollars
14. Who votes for Jesus in the church election in the Price family?
(a) Ruth May
15. What did Ruth May see in Eeban Axelroot's plane?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adah miss by the end of Book 5?
2. What does the chapter imply that Ruth May has become?
3. What does Tata Ndu want from the Prices?
4. What is the safe place that Ruth May thinks of in case she dies?
5. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)