|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adah miss by the end of Book 5?
(a) Nathan Price
(b) The Congo
(c) The old Adah
(d) Mama Tataba
2. What does Anatole tell Leah not to say?
(a) That she wants to go home
(b) That she'll go with him to Leopoldville
(c) That she hates Africa
(d) That she loves him
3. Who does Rachel think is the cause of all the problems?
4. What does Leah create controversy over wanting to do?
(a) Marry Pascal
(b) Participate in the big hunt
(c) Eat ants
(d) Preach in the church
5. What did Ruth May see in Eeban Axelroot's plane?
6. How old is Rachel turning in the beginning of Book 6?
7. What never occurred to Orleanna before Ruth May died?
(a) To leave Nathan because of being unhappy with him
(b) To trust the people of Kilanga
(c) To stay in the Congo
(d) To pay off Eeban Axelroot to take her home
8. What does Anatole find in his bed before the big hunt?
(a) A green mamba
(b) A knife
(c) A lion cub
(d) A scorpion
9. What does Mother promise to help Rachel learn to do?
(b) Haul water
(c) Braid her hair
10. What does Adah study in her work?
(c) Water supplies
(d) Funeral customs
11. Who is the last of Leah and Anatole's children?
12. How long does Ruth May stay in bed?
(a) Five months
(b) Three weeks
(c) One week
(d) One month
13. What kind of person does Orleanna think that Nathan is?
(a) The type to appreciate differences
(b) The type to walk away
(c) The type that stands still
(d) The type to love other unconditionally
14. What do the girls find when they take Ruth May's bed away from the wall?
(a) Malaria pills
(b) A snake
(d) Ruth May's sock monkey
15. How old is Rachel on her birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adah go to school?
2. What does Orleanna do with the furniture?
3. Where is Orleanna when she listens to the Congressional hearings?
4. What is the name of the hotel that Rachel owns?
5. Whose picture did Orleanna have in the kitchen house?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)