|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nelson say is on the chicken house?
(a) A lion
(b) An owl
(c) An evil sign
2. What do the girls find when they take Ruth May's bed away from the wall?
(a) A snake
(b) Malaria pills
(c) Ruth May's sock monkey
3. What does Orleanna do with the furniture?
(a) Breaks it
(b) Gives it away
(c) Burns it
(d) Puts it in front of the door to keep Nathan out
4. What does Rachel choose to save from the house?
(a) The mirror
(d) Her blanket
5. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
(d) The United States
6. What does Leah wish that she could give to her father?
(a) The knowledge that you need to stick to your guns
(b) The belief that family is the most important thing in life
(c) The relief of knowing you've done something wrong and can live through it
(d) The desire to become African like she did
7. What makes everyone run to the river?
8. Where does Brother Fowles and his family live?
(a) On a boat
(b) In a tree house
(c) In Leopoldville
(d) In Kilanga
9. What never occurred to Orleanna before Ruth May died?
(a) To leave Nathan because of being unhappy with him
(b) To pay off Eeban Axelroot to take her home
(c) To trust the people of Kilanga
(d) To stay in the Congo
10. How did Orleanna stay alive after Ruth May's death?
11. Who does the green mamba bite?
(a) Ruth May
12. What does Ruth May have to do to get her spirit in the bone, according to Nelson?
(a) Hold it to her heart
(b) Breath in the hole
(c) Will her spirit into it
(d) Step on it
13. Why do the mother and daughters want to go back to Kilanga?
(a) To find their father
(b) To look for the things that they left behind
(c) To kill the man who killed the youngest daughter
(d) To put a grave marker up for the youngest daughter
14. What does Leah begin to wonder?
(a) If Eeban Axelroot is selling diamonds
(b) If her father is wrong to keep them in the Congo
(c) If Adah can care for the chickens
(d) If Pascal likes her
15. Adah collects books that have what in them?
(b) Bad characters
(c) Missing pages
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Orleanna when she listens to the Congressional hearings?
2. What animal does Leah kill during the big hunt?
3. The way that Nathan pronounces "Bangala" makes the word mean what?
4. What does Leah create controversy over wanting to do?
5. What does Axelroot tell Rachel?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)