|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes everyone run to the river?
2. In Book 6, where do Leah and Anatole live?
(c) The United States
3. Where is Orleanna when she listens to the Congressional hearings?
(c) New York
4. What animal does Leah kill during the big hunt?
(d) Water buffalo
5. What does Mother promise to help Rachel learn to do?
(a) Braid her hair
(c) Haul water
6. According to Ruth May, who is last in the family?
(d) Ruth May
7. What does Leah kill on the anniversary of Ruth May's death?
(a) Tata Kuvudundu
(b) Nathan Price
(c) A snake
(d) An antelope
8. What does the old woman give to Mother?
(a) A beaded necklace
(b) A carved okapi
(c) A mirror
(d) A picture of her daughters
9. What does Anatole tell Leah not to say?
(a) That she'll go with him to Leopoldville
(b) That she wants to go home
(c) That she hates Africa
(d) That she loves him
10. Who does the green mamba bite?
(a) Ruth May
11. What does Tata Ndu want from the Prices?
(a) To marry Rachel
(b) For the family to leave
(c) Nathan's blessing
(d) Their chickens
12. What does Axelroot tell Rachel?
(a) He loves her
(b) He's going to help the family escape
(c) Patrice Lumumba is going to die
(d) Chief Ndu is going to be replaced
13. Adah collects books that have what in them?
(a) Missing pages
(c) Bad characters
14. What does Orleanna do when she reaches the edge of the village?
(b) Keeps walking
(c) Screams at Nathan
(d) Stands and looks back
15. Where are the woman and her three children in Book 7?
(a) A market in Africa
(b) Leah's house
(c) A restaurant in Africa
(d) Rachel's hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rachel think is the cause of all the problems?
2. What does Nathan preach about in the boat?
3. Which baby does Orleanna think overtakes the mother?
4. Who has not changed in the Congo?
5. What does the chapter imply that Ruth May has become?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)