|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last of Leah and Anatole's children?
2. What makes everyone run to the river?
3. Who votes for Jesus in the church election in the Price family?
(b) Ruth May
4. What do people vote with in the church election?
(d) Their hands
5. In what year does the CIA suggest replacing the Congolese government?
6. Whose picture did Orleanna have in the kitchen house?
7. What does the chapter imply that Ruth May has become?
(a) A lion
(b) A ghost
(c) A green mamba
(d) An owl
8. For what does Adah think that Mother waits?
9. What happens to Patrice Lumumba?
(a) He goes into hiding for twenty years
(b) He is reinstated as president
(c) He is beaten and killed
(d) He is exile to the United States
10. What did Ruth May see in Eeban Axelroot's plane?
11. What new name was the Congo given?
12. Who does the green mamba bite?
(d) Ruth May
13. What never occurred to Orleanna before Ruth May died?
(a) To pay off Eeban Axelroot to take her home
(b) To stay in the Congo
(c) To leave Nathan because of being unhappy with him
(d) To trust the people of Kilanga
14. What does Leah begin to wonder?
(a) If her father is wrong to keep them in the Congo
(b) If Eeban Axelroot is selling diamonds
(c) If Pascal likes her
(d) If Adah can care for the chickens
15. What is the name of the hotel that Rachel owns?
(a) Hotel de Africa
(b) African Queen
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leah create controversy over wanting to do?
2. When was the last time that the mother and her three daughters were all together?
3. What does Orleanna do with the furniture?
4. Adah collects books that have what in them?
5. Who has not changed in the Congo?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)