|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who doesn't always take her quinine pills?
(b) Ruth May
2. Where does Rachel want to spend the year in Africa?
(a) Making new clothes
(b) Learning about the Congo
(c) Swimming in the river
(d) In bed
3. What is the only thing that Nathan is concerned about?
(a) Kilanga's salvation
(b) Building a different church
(c) His family's health
(d) The garden
4. Whose job is it to keep an eye on Ruth May?
5. Orleanna's journey in Africa come to what kind of end?
6. Who becomes Leah's first friend in the Congo
(b) Mama Tataba
(d) Eeban Axelroot
7. Who is put in charge of the chickens?
(c) Ruth May
8. What lesson does Nathan Price give Leah about why God gave people seeds?
(a) God helps those who help themselves
(b) God gives seeds to sustain people
(c) God created the earth
(d) God blesses the faithful
9. Where does the family put the only mirror?
(a) Rachel's bedroom
(b) The living room
(c) The bathroom
(d) The kitchen
10. What do the girls do in the mornings?
11. What are the Prices told is going to happen in the Congo?
(a) The Olympics
(b) A feast
(c) The funeral of the president
(d) Independence from Belgium
12. What makes the Price house different than the others in the village?
(a) Dirt floors
(b) Glass windows
(c) The color of the walls
(d) The size of the bathroom
13. What do the girls find after the rain?
(a) A nest of birds
(b) An old shirt
(c) A basket
(d) A toy boat
14. Where does Adah go when she gets home?
(a) To the kitchen
(b) To the living room
(c) To her bedroom
(d) To the hammock
15. What do the girls get from Mother for Christmas?
(a) Soap and shampoo
(b) Needlework things
(c) Things to put in their hair
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to families in Nathan's congregation that lose a child?
2. What does Nathan Price encounter in the garden?
3. Who is the new Prime Minister of the Congo?
4. How many daughters does Orleanna have?
5. What does Orleanna now look for in her daughters?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)