|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All the men in the village are called what?
2. Leah helps her father where?
(a) In the garden
(b) In the house
(c) In the kitchen
(d) In the church building
3. What toy of Ruth May's disappears?
(a) Stuffed dog
(b) Soccer ball
(c) Sock monkey
(d) Barbie doll
4. When the family arrives in the village, what is the first thing Nathan Price does?
(a) Offers a benediction
(b) Meets the town chief
(c) Unpacks his Bible
(d) Takes the family to their house
5. How old are Leah and Adah on their birthday?
6. Who doesn't always take her quinine pills?
(d) Ruth May
7. How many meals does Orleanna feed her family in the Congo?
8. What does Orleanna sometimes see on her walks in the Congo?
9. What happens after Nathan Price gives a blessing at the feast?
(a) The people begin to sing hymns
(b) Everyone eats
(c) A chicken gets loose in the building
(d) The people begin to leave
10. When did everything change in the Congo, according to Orleanna?
(a) The day that they lost the parrot and Mama Tataba
(b) The day that the church burned
(c) The day that the river flooded
(d) The day that Adah began to speak
11. What lesson does Nathan Price give Leah about why God gave people seeds?
(a) God helps those who help themselves
(b) God blesses the faithful
(c) God gives seeds to sustain people
(d) God created the earth
12. Who becomes Leah's first friend in the Congo
(a) Eeban Axelroot
(b) Mama Tataba
13. What happens to families in Nathan's congregation that lose a child?
(a) They adopt another baby
(b) They call on Nathan for advice
(c) They stay in the church
(d) They go back to ancestor worship
14. What is the parrot's name that was left by Brother Fowles?
15. When did Nathan start hitting Orleanna?
(a) On their honeymoon
(b) When they reached the Congo
(c) When she was pregnant with Rachel
(d) When he came back from his first missionary post
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people not want their children to go down to the riverbank?
2. What do most of the girls Leah's age have in the Congo?
3. What is the only thing that Nathan is concerned about?
4. How long does the family plan to stay in Africa?
5. Who goes with Nathan on the plane that is supposed to take the family out of the Congo?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)