|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls get from Mother for Christmas?
(b) Things to put in their hair
(c) Soap and shampoo
(d) Needlework things
2. Who does Orleanna feel was on Nathan's side?
(a) Chief Ndu
3. Where does Rachel want to spend the year in Africa?
(a) Making new clothes
(b) Swimming in the river
(c) Learning about the Congo
(d) In bed
4. Who narrates Book 1?
(c) Ruth May
5. What was the hardest work for Orleanna in the Congo?
(a) Cooking and cleaning for the family
(b) Watching over her four daughters
(c) Hauling the water to the kitchen
(d) Deciding each day to stay with her family
6. What is the only thing that Nathan is concerned about?
(a) Kilanga's salvation
(b) Building a different church
(c) His family's health
(d) The garden
7. Where is the church supper held?
(a) On the riverbank
(b) In the center of the village
(c) In the church building
(d) At the Price's home
8. Who believes that the village is in a moral decline because more people are going to church?
(c) Chief Ndu
(d) Nathan Price
9. When does Nathan say that family will leave?
(a) When the election happens
(b) When it gets too dangerous
(c) When the family is ready
(d) When the new missionaries arrive
10. How far did Orleanna and the family have to carry water?
(a) From the kitchen
(b) One mile
(c) A half a mile
(d) A mile and a half
11. Mama Mwanza does not have what part of her body?
12. What happens to Nathan in the war?
(a) He become a chaplain
(b) He saves a Congressman's son
(c) He is injured and his company dies
(d) He goes to Canada to avoid the draft
13. Why does Mother cry on Rachel's birthday?
(a) Nathan yells at her
(b) She remembers Rachel's birth
(c) The cake doesn't turn out
(d) She cuts herself accidentally
14. How much money does the family receive as a stipend each month?
15. In what year did Orleanna and her family leave the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this chapter reveal about what is going to happen?
2. What does Orleanna sometimes see on her walks in the Congo?
3. What are the Prices told is going to happen in the Congo?
4. In Book 1, to where do the women and the girls go through the forest?
5. What happens after Nathan Price gives a blessing at the feast?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)