|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathan Price encounter in the garden?
(a) An okapi
(b) A cobra
(c) Sticker weed
2. Why do people keep staring at Rachel?
(a) Her blonde hair and blue eyes
(b) She walks funny
(c) She talks with a lisp
(d) Her white shoes
3. When does Nathan say that family will leave?
(a) When it gets too dangerous
(b) When the election happens
(c) When the family is ready
(d) When the new missionaries arrive
4. What punishment does their father give the Price girls?
(a) Washing dishes
(b) A spanking
(c) The verse
5. What do the girls get from Mother for Christmas?
(b) Things to put in their hair
(c) Soap and shampoo
(d) Needlework things
6. In Book 1, Orleanna says that Africa afflicted her like what?
(a) A case of puppy love
(b) A bout of a rare disease
(c) A stomach bug
(d) A panic attack
7. What are sandals made of in Kilanga?
(a) Car tires
8. Who is the chief of Kilanga?
(a) Tata Undo
(b) Father Mwanza
(c) Brother Fowles
(d) Uncle Tataba
9. What does Orleanna now look for in her daughters?
10. Where did Orleanna meet Nathan?
(a) At a friend's home
(b) In high school
(c) In college
(d) At a tent revival
11. Why do the people not want their children to go down to the riverbank?
(a) A crocodile killed a girl the year before
(b) The current is too strong to swim in
(c) The water carries diseases
(d) They believe a spirit lives there
12. Who is the first of the Prices to interact with the village children?
(b) Ruth May
13. All of the houses in Kilanga have what?
(a) A bathroom
(b) A water pump
(c) A red dirt yard
(d) A porch
14. Leah and Adah have what color hair?
15. What does Leah picture as her future career?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth May thinks that Africans are from the tribes of ________?
2. What does Nathan Price do with the hills that Mama Tataba made in the garden?
3. What do most of the girls Leah's age have in the Congo?
4. What animal does Leah try to keep as a pet, but releases after Nelson tells her that the villagers won't like it?
5. How long does the family plan to stay in Africa?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)