|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama Tataba says that Nathan should do what in the garden?
(a) Pray for the plants
(b) Give the garden up
(c) Make hills for the plants
(d) Plow it
2. Who believes that the village is in a moral decline because more people are going to church?
(a) Chief Ndu
(c) Nathan Price
3. What lesson does Nathan Price give Leah about why God gave people seeds?
(a) God gives seeds to sustain people
(b) God created the earth
(c) God helps those who help themselves
(d) God blesses the faithful
4. The Prices are going to serve in which town?
5. Why does Mother cry on Rachel's birthday?
(a) She remembers Rachel's birth
(b) She cuts herself accidentally
(c) The cake doesn't turn out
(d) Nathan yells at her
6. When did everything change in the Congo, according to Orleanna?
(a) The day that Adah began to speak
(b) The day that they lost the parrot and Mama Tataba
(c) The day that the church burned
(d) The day that the river flooded
7. In Book 1, to where do the women and the girls go through the forest?
(a) The river
(b) A hut
(d) A church service
8. Where is the church supper held?
(a) On the riverbank
(b) At the Price's home
(c) In the church building
(d) In the center of the village
9. What does Nathan break?
(a) Orleanna's platter
(b) His arm
(c) A hoe
(d) The radio
10. Who does Orleanna feel was on Nathan's side?
(a) Chief Ndu
11. What do the girls find after the rain?
(a) A basket
(b) A toy boat
(c) An old shirt
(d) A nest of birds
12. What takes up half the day in the Congo?
(b) Caring for the chickens
(d) Visiting people
13. What animal does Leah try to keep as a pet, but releases after Nelson tells her that the villagers won't like it?
14. What is the animal that Orleanna remembers seeing in Book 1?
15. Who is the new Prime Minister of the Congo?
(a) Anatole Tataba
(b) Tata Ndu
(c) Pascal Mwanza
(d) Patrice Lumumba
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nathan say that family will leave?
2. What is the parrot's name that was left by Brother Fowles?
3. What do the local women feed their families?
4. Why does Orleanna stay with her husband?
5. Where does Mr. Axelroot live?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)