|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leah helps her father where?
(a) In the garden
(b) In the house
(c) In the church building
(d) In the kitchen
2. The Prices are going to serve in which town?
3. Why do the people not want their children to go down to the riverbank?
(a) The current is too strong to swim in
(b) A crocodile killed a girl the year before
(c) The water carries diseases
(d) They believe a spirit lives there
4. What do the girls get from Mother for Christmas?
(a) Needlework things
(b) Things to put in their hair
(d) Soap and shampoo
5. What punishment does their father give the Price girls?
(b) Washing dishes
(c) The verse
(d) A spanking
6. Where does the family put the only mirror?
(a) The kitchen
(b) Rachel's bedroom
(c) The bathroom
(d) The living room
7. Adah doesn't do which of the following?
8. Where does Adah go when she gets home?
(a) To her bedroom
(b) To the hammock
(c) To the living room
(d) To the kitchen
9. Who comes for dinner at the Price's house?
(a) Pascal, a boy in the village
(b) Anatole, the schoolteacher
(c) Eeban Axelroot, the pilot
(d) Mama Tataba, the cook
10. Who is the new Prime Minister of the Congo?
(a) Pascal Mwanza
(b) Anatole Tataba
(c) Tata Ndu
(d) Patrice Lumumba
11. Who goes with Nathan on the plane that is supposed to take the family out of the Congo?
(d) Ruth May
12. What do the girls find after the rain?
(a) A basket
(b) An old shirt
(c) A nest of birds
(d) A toy boat
13. Mama Mwanza does not have what part of her body?
14. Who shows up at the Price's in January?
(a) Mama Tataba
(b) Nathan's brother Ted
(c) The Underdowns
(d) Chief Mwanza
15. Adah has which condition?
(d) Spinal cord injury
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does the family try to avoid?
2. Whose job is it to keep an eye on Ruth May?
3. When the family arrives, the country is on the brink of what?
4. When the family arrives in the village, what is the first thing Nathan Price does?
5. Where does Leah think that the quote Adah gives her is from?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)