|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the hardest work for Orleanna in the Congo?
(a) Cooking and cleaning for the family
(b) Watching over her four daughters
(c) Hauling the water to the kitchen
(d) Deciding each day to stay with her family
2. Mama Mwanza does not have what part of her body?
3. All the men in the village are called what?
4. How old was Orleanna when she met Nathan?
5. What do the girls do in the mornings?
6. What do the girls find after the rain?
(a) An old shirt
(b) A nest of birds
(c) A basket
(d) A toy boat
7. The Prices travel to which country to serve as missionaries?
(c) New Guinea
8. Which Price daughter is the youngest?
(a) Ruth May
9. What is the animal that Orleanna remembers seeing in Book 1?
10. What does Orleanna sometimes see on her walks in the Congo?
11. What makes the Price house different than the others in the village?
(a) The color of the walls
(b) Dirt floors
(c) Glass windows
(d) The size of the bathroom
12. Mama Tataba says that Nathan should do what in the garden?
(a) Give the garden up
(b) Pray for the plants
(c) Plow it
(d) Make hills for the plants
13. What are the Prices told is going to happen in the Congo?
(a) The funeral of the president
(b) The Olympics
(c) A feast
(d) Independence from Belgium
14. What do the girls get from Mother for Christmas?
(b) Soap and shampoo
(c) Needlework things
(d) Things to put in their hair
15. Who is the new Prime Minister of the Congo?
(a) Pascal Mwanza
(b) Anatole Tataba
(c) Patrice Lumumba
(d) Tata Ndu
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Nathan on the plane that is supposed to take the family out of the Congo?
2. Why do people keep staring at Rachel?
3. What happens to Nathan in the war?
4. What does this chapter reveal about what is going to happen?
5. Where did Orleanna meet Nathan?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)