|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters does Orleanna have?
2. What does Nathan break?
(a) His arm
(b) Orleanna's platter
(c) A hoe
(d) The radio
3. What does the family eat a lot of?
4. Who comes for dinner at the Price's house?
(a) Eeban Axelroot, the pilot
(b) Anatole, the schoolteacher
(c) Pascal, a boy in the village
(d) Mama Tataba, the cook
5. In what year did Orleanna and her family leave the United States?
6. Before the Prices came to the Congo, which daughter was often stared at?
(c) Ruth May
7. When the family arrives, the country is on the brink of what?
(a) A bomb going off
(b) A drought
(c) A civil war
(d) A thunderstorm
8. What lesson does Nathan Price give Leah about why God gave people seeds?
(a) God blesses the faithful
(b) God gives seeds to sustain people
(c) God created the earth
(d) God helps those who help themselves
9. What does Orleanna sometimes see on her walks in the Congo?
10. Who believes that the village is in a moral decline because more people are going to church?
(a) Nathan Price
(b) Chief Ndu
11. Orleanna was a child of what era?
(a) The Depression
(b) The Victorian Age
(c) The Vietnam War
(d) The Middle Ages
12. Who greets the Prices when they land in Africa?
(a) The Underdowns
(b) The Blanktons
(c) The Edwards
(d) The Joneses
13. What do the Price girls hide in their pockets on the airplane?
(b) Betty Crocker cake mixes
(d) Hair clips
14. What does Nathan Price encounter in the garden?
(b) An okapi
(c) Sticker weed
(d) A cobra
15. What punishment does their father give the Price girls?
(b) Washing dishes
(c) The verse
(d) A spanking
Short Answer Questions
1. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
2. What does Adah think that the church in Kilanga has become?
3. Adah has which condition?
4. Where does Leah think that the quote Adah gives her is from?
5. How many pounds of luggage per person were the Prices allowed on the plane?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)