|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first of the Prices to interact with the village children?
(c) Ruth May
2. When did Nathan start hitting Orleanna?
(a) When they reached the Congo
(b) When he came back from his first missionary post
(c) When she was pregnant with Rachel
(d) On their honeymoon
3. What does Methuselah do that makes Nathan angry?
(a) Says a swear word
(b) Gets out of his cage
(c) Sings too loud
(d) Eats Nathan's sermon paper
4. What is painted on Mother's oval platter?
(a) Purple lilacs
(b) Pink roses
(c) White daisies
(d) Blue forget-me-nots
5. What makes the Price house different than the others in the village?
(a) The size of the bathroom
(b) The color of the walls
(c) Dirt floors
(d) Glass windows
6. What is the parrot's name that was left by Brother Fowles?
7. Whose job is it to keep an eye on Ruth May?
8. Orleanna was a child of what era?
(a) The Depression
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) The Middle Ages
(d) The Victorian Age
9. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
(a) Button down shirts
(c) High heels
10. What is the only thing that Nathan is concerned about?
(a) His family's health
(b) Building a different church
(c) The garden
(d) Kilanga's salvation
11. Where did Orleanna think she was when she woke sometimes?
(a) Chicago, Illinois
(b) Pearl, Mississippi
(c) Lawrence, Kansas
(d) Atlanta, Georgia
12. What do most of the girls Leah's age have in the Congo?
13. When does Nathan say that family will leave?
(a) When the family is ready
(b) When it gets too dangerous
(c) When the election happens
(d) When the new missionaries arrive
14. What toy of Ruth May's disappears?
(a) Stuffed dog
(b) Soccer ball
(c) Sock monkey
(d) Barbie doll
15. Where is the church supper held?
(a) In the center of the village
(b) In the church building
(c) On the riverbank
(d) At the Price's home
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rachel want to spend the year in Africa?
2. Who narrates Book 1?
3. What do the local women feed their families?
4. All the men in the village are called what?
5. What animal does Leah try to keep as a pet, but releases after Nelson tells her that the villagers won't like it?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)