|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes up half the day in the Congo?
(b) Visiting people
(c) Caring for the chickens
2. Before the Prices came to the Congo, which daughter was often stared at?
(a) Ruth May
3. What are sandals made of in Kilanga?
(d) Car tires
4. How long does the family plan to stay in Africa?
(a) 4 months
(b) 5 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 1 year
5. Leah and Adah have what color hair?
6. What does Leah picture as her future career?
7. How old was Orleanna when she met Nathan?
8. When the family arrives, the country is on the brink of what?
(a) A drought
(b) A civil war
(c) A thunderstorm
(d) A bomb going off
9. What does Anatole have on his face?
10. What do the girls get from Mother for Christmas?
(b) Things to put in their hair
(c) Needlework things
(d) Soap and shampoo
11. What does Rachel tolerate in Africa that she would not have at home?
(a) Wearing a pink dress
(b) Her father telling her what to do
(c) Eating pork
(d) Her mother holding her hand
12. Who is the oldest of the Price daughters?
(b) Ruth May
13. What does Orleanna make for the picnic at Easter?
(a) Potato salad
(b) Fried chicken
(c) Pork ribs
(d) Prime rib
14. What does Nelson tell Ruth May to say instead of "snake?"
15. When does Nathan say that family will leave?
(a) When the election happens
(b) When the family is ready
(c) When the new missionaries arrive
(d) When it gets too dangerous
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls find after the rain?
2. Whose job is it to keep an eye on Ruth May?
3. What is the parrot's name that was left by Brother Fowles?
4. What lesson does Nathan Price give Leah about why God gave people seeds?
5. What does Anatole send after having dinner with the Prices?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)