|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Mother begin to pray?
(a) That God will deliver the family out of the Congo in one piece
(b) That God will help her speak to the villagers
(c) Tht God will send someone to haul water for her
(d) That God will make the villagers come to the church
2. The tone of Book 1 is one of what?
(c) Forward looking
3. In Book 1, to where do the women and the girls go through the forest?
(a) A church service
(c) A hut
(d) The river
4. How many daughters does Orleanna have?
5. Where does Rachel want to spend the year in Africa?
(a) Learning about the Congo
(b) In bed
(c) Making new clothes
(d) Swimming in the river
6. Who warns people away from Nathan's church?
(a) Mama Tataba
(b) Orleanna Price
(c) Chief Ndu
(d) Eeban Axelroot
7. All the men in the village are called what?
8. Where did Orleanna think she was when she woke sometimes?
(a) Lawrence, Kansas
(b) Chicago, Illinois
(c) Pearl, Mississippi
(d) Atlanta, Georgia
9. What does Anatole have on his face?
10. Leah helps her father where?
(a) In the kitchen
(b) In the garden
(c) In the house
(d) In the church building
11. Adah has which condition?
(d) Spinal cord injury
12. Why does Mother cry on Rachel's birthday?
(a) Nathan yells at her
(b) The cake doesn't turn out
(c) She remembers Rachel's birth
(d) She cuts herself accidentally
13. When the family arrives, the country is on the brink of what?
(a) A civil war
(b) A drought
(c) A thunderstorm
(d) A bomb going off
14. What does the family eat a lot of?
15. What does this chapter reveal about what is going to happen?
(a) The Price's house burns down
(b) The family returns to the United States
(c) A civil war breaks out in the Congo
(d) One of Orleanna's daughters is buried in Africa
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orleanna feel was on Nathan's side?
2. Where does Adah go when she gets home?
3. What is painted on Mother's oval platter?
4. What does Nathan Price encounter in the garden?
5. All of the houses in Kilanga have what?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)