|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What toy of Ruth May's disappears?
(a) Sock monkey
(b) Stuffed dog
(c) Soccer ball
(d) Barbie doll
2. What lesson does Nathan Price give Leah about why God gave people seeds?
(a) God gives seeds to sustain people
(b) God created the earth
(c) God helps those who help themselves
(d) God blesses the faithful
3. What happens after the Independence in the Price household?
(a) Their mirror is stolen
(b) Nathan decides to leave the Congo
(c) One of the family dies
(d) Mother and Ruth May get sick
4. Why does Mother cry on Rachel's birthday?
(a) Nathan yells at her
(b) The cake doesn't turn out
(c) She cuts herself accidentally
(d) She remembers Rachel's birth
5. The Prices are going to serve in which town?
6. Whose job is it to keep an eye on Ruth May?
7. How old was Orleanna when she met Nathan?
8. What does Orleanna sometimes see on her walks in the Congo?
9. Which Price daughter is the youngest?
(a) Ruth May
10. The Prices travel to which country to serve as missionaries?
(a) New Guinea
11. Why do the people not want their children to go down to the riverbank?
(a) The water carries diseases
(b) The current is too strong to swim in
(c) They believe a spirit lives there
(d) A crocodile killed a girl the year before
12. What does Mama Mwanza bring the family?
13. What does Methuselah do that makes Nathan angry?
(a) Sings too loud
(b) Says a swear word
(c) Eats Nathan's sermon paper
(d) Gets out of his cage
14. When is Rachel's birthday?
15. What was the hardest work for Orleanna in the Congo?
(a) Deciding each day to stay with her family
(b) Cooking and cleaning for the family
(c) Watching over her four daughters
(d) Hauling the water to the kitchen
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama Mwanza does not have what part of her body?
2. What does Nathan Price encounter in the garden?
3. What does Anatole send after having dinner with the Prices?
4. What animal does Leah try to keep as a pet, but releases after Nelson tells her that the villagers won't like it?
5. Adah has which condition?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)