|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at the Price's in January?
(a) Nathan's brother Ted
(b) Mama Tataba
(c) The Underdowns
(d) Chief Mwanza
2. Who does Orleanna feel was on Nathan's side?
(b) Chief Ndu
3. Orleanna was a child of what era?
(a) The Middle Ages
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) The Victorian Age
(d) The Depression
4. In what year did Orleanna and her family leave the United States?
5. What lesson does Nathan Price give Leah about why God gave people seeds?
(a) God gives seeds to sustain people
(b) God blesses the faithful
(c) God helps those who help themselves
(d) God created the earth
6. Where does Mr. Axelroot live?
(a) With a Congolese woman
(b) In the center of the village
(c) Down by the airplane field
(d) In Leopoldville
7. What does Nathan Price do with the hills that Mama Tataba made in the garden?
(a) Uses them as a model for his own hills
(b) Plants seed in them
(c) Ignores them
(d) Levels them out
8. Which Price daughter is the youngest?
(c) Ruth May
9. How many meals does Orleanna feed her family in the Congo?
10. Orleanna's journey in Africa come to what kind of end?
11. Where does Rachel want to spend the year in Africa?
(a) Learning about the Congo
(b) Swimming in the river
(c) In bed
(d) Making new clothes
12. What is the animal that Orleanna remembers seeing in Book 1?
13. What was the hardest work for Orleanna in the Congo?
(a) Hauling the water to the kitchen
(b) Watching over her four daughters
(c) Cooking and cleaning for the family
(d) Deciding each day to stay with her family
14. All of the houses in Kilanga have what?
(a) A red dirt yard
(b) A bathroom
(c) A porch
(d) A water pump
15. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
(a) Button down shirts
(c) High heels
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Leah and Adah on their birthday?
2. Who greets the Prices when they land in Africa?
3. Who is the first of the Prices to interact with the village children?
4. What does Anatole have on his face?
5. What do most of the girls Leah's age have in the Congo?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)