|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets the Prices when they land in Africa?
(a) The Underdowns
(b) The Edwards
(c) The Blanktons
(d) The Joneses
2. Where does Mr. Axelroot live?
(a) In Leopoldville
(b) Down by the airplane field
(c) In the center of the village
(d) With a Congolese woman
3. Why does Mother cry on Rachel's birthday?
(a) The cake doesn't turn out
(b) She cuts herself accidentally
(c) Nathan yells at her
(d) She remembers Rachel's birth
4. What does Orleanna now look for in her daughters?
5. What is the parrot's name that was left by Brother Fowles?
6. What happens to Nathan in the war?
(a) He saves a Congressman's son
(b) He goes to Canada to avoid the draft
(c) He become a chaplain
(d) He is injured and his company dies
7. What takes up half the day in the Congo?
(a) Caring for the chickens
(c) Visiting people
8. Where did Orleanna meet Nathan?
(a) In high school
(b) At a tent revival
(c) At a friend's home
(d) In college
9. What does Anatole have on his face?
10. Where did Orleanna think she was when she woke sometimes?
(a) Pearl, Mississippi
(b) Lawrence, Kansas
(c) Atlanta, Georgia
(d) Chicago, Illinois
11. Where does the family put the only mirror?
(a) The bathroom
(b) Rachel's bedroom
(c) The living room
(d) The kitchen
12. What does Anatole send after having dinner with the Prices?
(a) A card
(b) A chicken
(c) A basket of food
(d) A boy named Nelson
13. Why does Orleanna stay with her husband?
(a) Because he loves her
(b) Because she doesn't have the money to leave
(c) Because it is what she can do
(d) Because she thinks that he is a great husband
14. What happens after Nathan Price gives a blessing at the feast?
(a) A chicken gets loose in the building
(b) Everyone eats
(c) The people begin to sing hymns
(d) The people begin to leave
15. For what does Mother begin to pray?
(a) That God will make the villagers come to the church
(b) That God will help her speak to the villagers
(c) Tht God will send someone to haul water for her
(d) That God will deliver the family out of the Congo in one piece
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nathan Price encounter in the garden?
2. What does Nathan break?
3. Who becomes Leah's first friend in the Congo
4. Orleanna was a child of what era?
5. What illness does the family try to avoid?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)