|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Nathan start hitting Orleanna?
(a) When he came back from his first missionary post
(b) When they reached the Congo
(c) When she was pregnant with Rachel
(d) On their honeymoon
2. Who comes for dinner at the Price's house?
(a) Eeban Axelroot, the pilot
(b) Pascal, a boy in the village
(c) Anatole, the schoolteacher
(d) Mama Tataba, the cook
3. What illness does the family try to avoid?
(a) Chicken Pox
4. How long does the family plan to stay in Africa?
(a) 1 year
(b) 2 years
(c) 4 months
(d) 5 years
5. In what year did Orleanna and her family leave the United States?
6. Which Price daughter is the youngest?
(b) Ruth May
7. How far did Orleanna and the family have to carry water?
(a) A half a mile
(b) From the kitchen
(c) One mile
(d) A mile and a half
8. Adah doesn't do which of the following?
9. What takes up half the day in the Congo?
(a) Visiting people
(b) Caring for the chickens
10. Ruth May thinks that Africans are from the tribes of ________?
11. What do the local women feed their families?
12. What does this chapter reveal about what is going to happen?
(a) One of Orleanna's daughters is buried in Africa
(b) The Price's house burns down
(c) The family returns to the United States
(d) A civil war breaks out in the Congo
13. How many meals does Orleanna feed her family in the Congo?
14. What toy of Ruth May's disappears?
(a) Sock monkey
(b) Stuffed dog
(c) Soccer ball
(d) Barbie doll
15. What lesson does Nathan Price give Leah about why God gave people seeds?
(a) God gives seeds to sustain people
(b) God created the earth
(c) God helps those who help themselves
(d) God blesses the faithful
Short Answer Questions
1. When the family arrives, the country is on the brink of what?
2. Leah and Adah have what color hair?
3. When the family arrives in the village, what is the first thing Nathan Price does?
4. Who is the chief of Kilanga?
5. What happens to families in Nathan's congregation that lose a child?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)