|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother cry on Rachel's birthday?
(a) Nathan yells at her
(b) She cuts herself accidentally
(c) She remembers Rachel's birth
(d) The cake doesn't turn out
2. How far did Orleanna and the family have to carry water?
(a) A mile and a half
(b) A half a mile
(c) One mile
(d) From the kitchen
3. Why do people keep staring at Rachel?
(a) She walks funny
(b) She talks with a lisp
(c) Her blonde hair and blue eyes
(d) Her white shoes
4. How long does the family plan to stay in Africa?
(a) 1 year
(b) 2 years
(c) 4 months
(d) 5 years
5. What lesson does Nathan Price give Leah about why God gave people seeds?
(a) God created the earth
(b) God blesses the faithful
(c) God gives seeds to sustain people
(d) God helps those who help themselves
6. Where does Rachel want to spend the year in Africa?
(a) Learning about the Congo
(b) In bed
(c) Swimming in the river
(d) Making new clothes
7. Who narrates Book 1?
(d) Ruth May
8. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
(a) High heels
(d) Button down shirts
9. What does Nathan Price do with the hills that Mama Tataba made in the garden?
(a) Levels them out
(b) Ignores them
(c) Plants seed in them
(d) Uses them as a model for his own hills
10. Who does Orleanna feel was on Nathan's side?
(d) Chief Ndu
11. Ruth May thinks that Africans are from the tribes of ________?
12. What are sandals made of in Kilanga?
(b) Car tires
13. Adah has which condition?
(a) Spinal cord injury
14. What does Nathan Price encounter in the garden?
(a) A cobra
(c) Sticker weed
(d) An okapi
15. What animal does Leah try to keep as a pet, but releases after Nelson tells her that the villagers won't like it?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Leah and Adah on their birthday?
2. Mama Mwanza does not have what part of her body?
3. What happens to families in Nathan's congregation that lose a child?
4. How many daughters does Orleanna have?
5. Who comes for dinner at the Price's house?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)