|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes that the village is in a moral decline because more people are going to church?
(a) Nathan Price
(c) Chief Ndu
2. Leah helps her father where?
(a) In the house
(b) In the church building
(c) In the kitchen
(d) In the garden
3. The Prices think that who was attacked by a lion?
(b) Ruth May
(d) Eeban Axelroot
4. When the family arrives, the country is on the brink of what?
(a) A bomb going off
(b) A civil war
(c) A drought
(d) A thunderstorm
5. Why does Adah now think that she and Leah have separate lives even though they are twins?
(a) Adah's given birth to a new life through her language
(b) They are the middle children
(c) Leah doesn't have a brain problem
(d) They have different names
6. What is the animal that Orleanna remembers seeing in Book 1?
7. In Book 1, Orleanna says that Africa afflicted her like what?
(a) A stomach bug
(b) A case of puppy love
(c) A bout of a rare disease
(d) A panic attack
8. Where did Orleanna think she was when she woke sometimes?
(a) Chicago, Illinois
(b) Pearl, Mississippi
(c) Lawrence, Kansas
(d) Atlanta, Georgia
9. Who is the oldest of the Price daughters?
(b) Ruth May
10. Where does Rachel want to spend the year in Africa?
(a) In bed
(b) Making new clothes
(c) Learning about the Congo
(d) Swimming in the river
11. What does this chapter reveal about what is going to happen?
(a) One of Orleanna's daughters is buried in Africa
(b) A civil war breaks out in the Congo
(c) The family returns to the United States
(d) The Price's house burns down
12. What does Orleanna now look for in her daughters?
13. What does Leah picture as her future career?
14. What is the only thing that Nathan is concerned about?
(a) Building a different church
(b) The garden
(c) His family's health
(d) Kilanga's salvation
15. How long does the family plan to stay in Africa?
(a) 2 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 4 months
(d) 1 year
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Mother begin to pray?
2. What does Nathan Price encounter in the garden?
3. What does Rachel tolerate in Africa that she would not have at home?
4. Orleanna's husband did what as an occupation?
5. Who does Orleanna feel was on Nathan's side?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)