|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did everything change in the Congo, according to Orleanna?
(a) The day that the river flooded
(b) The day that they lost the parrot and Mama Tataba
(c) The day that the church burned
(d) The day that Adah began to speak
2. How much money does the family receive as a stipend each month?
3. What does Rachel tolerate in Africa that she would not have at home?
(a) Eating pork
(b) Her mother holding her hand
(c) Wearing a pink dress
(d) Her father telling her what to do
4. What does Leah picture as her future career?
5. Who becomes Leah's first friend in the Congo
(b) Eeban Axelroot
(d) Mama Tataba
6. Why does Mother cry on Rachel's birthday?
(a) The cake doesn't turn out
(b) She remembers Rachel's birth
(c) She cuts herself accidentally
(d) Nathan yells at her
7. Where does Rachel want to spend the year in Africa?
(a) Making new clothes
(b) In bed
(c) Swimming in the river
(d) Learning about the Congo
8. Who comes for dinner at the Price's house?
(a) Eeban Axelroot, the pilot
(b) Mama Tataba, the cook
(c) Anatole, the schoolteacher
(d) Pascal, a boy in the village
9. What do the Price girls hide in their pockets on the airplane?
(a) Hair clips
(d) Betty Crocker cake mixes
10. Who does Orleanna feel was on Nathan's side?
(c) Chief Ndu
11. In what year did Orleanna and her family leave the United States?
12. Orleanna's husband did what as an occupation?
(b) Diamond smuggler
(c) Baptist minister
(d) Small business owner
13. What does this chapter reveal about what is going to happen?
(a) The Price's house burns down
(b) A civil war breaks out in the Congo
(c) One of Orleanna's daughters is buried in Africa
(d) The family returns to the United States
14. All the men in the village are called what?
15. Adah has which condition?
(b) Spinal cord injury
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is put in charge of the chickens?
2. What does Orleanna make for the picnic at Easter?
3. What happens after Nathan Price gives a blessing at the feast?
4. When is Rachel's birthday?
5. For what does Mother begin to pray?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)