|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Things We Carried (43-54).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does the family try to avoid?
(a) Chicken Pox
2. When the family arrives in the village, what is the first thing Nathan Price does?
(a) Takes the family to their house
(b) Meets the town chief
(c) Offers a benediction
(d) Unpacks his Bible
3. What toy of Ruth May's disappears?
(a) Sock monkey
(b) Stuffed dog
(c) Soccer ball
(d) Barbie doll
4. Why do people keep staring at Rachel?
(a) Her blonde hair and blue eyes
(b) She talks with a lisp
(c) Her white shoes
(d) She walks funny
5. In what year did Orleanna and her family leave the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the Prices came to the Congo, which daughter was often stared at?
2. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
3. What happens after Nathan Price gives a blessing at the feast?
4. The Prices travel to which country to serve as missionaries?
5. Ruth May thinks that Africans are from the tribes of ________?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)