|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Things We Carried (43-54).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathan Price do with the hills that Mama Tataba made in the garden?
(a) Plants seed in them
(b) Levels them out
(c) Ignores them
(d) Uses them as a model for his own hills
2. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
(a) Button down shirts
(d) High heels
3. Leah helps her father where?
(a) In the church building
(b) In the house
(c) In the garden
(d) In the kitchen
4. Who is the chief of Kilanga?
(a) Father Mwanza
(b) Tata Undo
(c) Brother Fowles
(d) Uncle Tataba
5. Where does Mr. Axelroot live?
(a) With a Congolese woman
(b) Down by the airplane field
(c) In Leopoldville
(d) In the center of the village
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the houses in Kilanga have what?
2. How many pounds of luggage per person were the Prices allowed on the plane?
3. What does the family eat a lot of?
4. Where does the family put the only mirror?
5. When the family arrives, the country is on the brink of what?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)