|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Things We Carried (43-54).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets the Prices when they land in Africa?
(a) The Joneses
(b) The Edwards
(c) The Blanktons
(d) The Underdowns
2. When the family arrives in the village, what is the first thing Nathan Price does?
(a) Offers a benediction
(b) Meets the town chief
(c) Takes the family to their house
(d) Unpacks his Bible
3. Where does the family put the only mirror?
(a) Rachel's bedroom
(b) The bathroom
(c) The living room
(d) The kitchen
4. What happens after Nathan Price gives a blessing at the feast?
(a) Everyone eats
(b) A chicken gets loose in the building
(c) The people begin to leave
(d) The people begin to sing hymns
5. What is the animal that Orleanna remembers seeing in Book 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who narrates Book 1?
2. In Book 1, to where do the women and the girls go through the forest?
3. How many pounds of luggage per person were the Prices allowed on the plane?
4. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
5. What do the Price girls hide in their pockets on the airplane?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)