|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Things We Carried (43-54).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, to where do the women and the girls go through the forest?
(b) A hut
(c) The river
(d) A church service
2. What happens after Nathan Price gives a blessing at the feast?
(a) The people begin to leave
(b) A chicken gets loose in the building
(c) The people begin to sing hymns
(d) Everyone eats
3. When the family arrives in the village, what is the first thing Nathan Price does?
(a) Unpacks his Bible
(b) Offers a benediction
(c) Takes the family to their house
(d) Meets the town chief
4. Rachel notices that all the women wear what item of clothing?
(a) Button down shirts
(c) High heels
5. In Book 1, Orleanna says that Africa afflicted her like what?
(a) A panic attack
(b) A case of puppy love
(c) A bout of a rare disease
(d) A stomach bug
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds of luggage per person were the Prices allowed on the plane?
2. What does Nathan Price do with the hills that Mama Tataba made in the garden?
3. What does the family eat a lot of?
4. Where does Rachel want to spend the year in Africa?
5. Who greets the Prices when they land in Africa?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)