|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Things We Carried (43-54).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the family put the only mirror?
(a) The living room
(b) The bathroom
(c) Rachel's bedroom
(d) The kitchen
2. What does Nathan Price do with the hills that Mama Tataba made in the garden?
(a) Levels them out
(b) Uses them as a model for his own hills
(c) Plants seed in them
(d) Ignores them
3. When the family arrives in the village, what is the first thing Nathan Price does?
(a) Offers a benediction
(b) Takes the family to their house
(c) Unpacks his Bible
(d) Meets the town chief
4. Where does Rachel want to spend the year in Africa?
(a) Swimming in the river
(b) Learning about the Congo
(c) In bed
(d) Making new clothes
5. How many daughters does Orleanna have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Adah has which condition?
2. What does Rachel tolerate in Africa that she would not have at home?
3. What happens after Nathan Price gives a blessing at the feast?
4. All the men in the village are called what?
5. What illness does the family try to avoid?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)