In The Poisonwood Bible, Orleanna's narrative looks back in time, while the other characters narrate from the present.
1) Why do you think Kingsolver included one narrative that looks back in time?
2) What does this type of narration add to the novel?
3) Why do you think Orleanna's character is the one looking back?
The Prices change during their time in the Congo. Discuss how the changes affect the family, including:
1) Which character do you think changed the most? How did this character change?
2) Which character changed the least? In what ways does the character remain the same?
3) How does the family itself change from the beginning of the book to the end?
Why do you think Kingsolver chose the name "The Poisonwood Bible" for the novel? What does the poisonwood tree represent in the novel? What might be an alternative title for the novel that captures what is it...
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)