Book 1, Orleanna Price
• Orleanna Price remembers what it was like to live in Africa with her Baptist missionary husband and their four daughters.
• Orleanna thinks her time in Africa came to a horrible end.
Book 1, The Things We Carried (13-29)
• The family arrives in Africa, carrying as many personal items as they can.
• The Prices meet the Underdowns, another missionary couple in the Congo.
• Ruth May wonders if the African people are descendants of Ham.
• Rachel thinks that everything in the Congo is strange and different.
Book 1, The Things We Carried (30-42)
• Adah has a brain condition called hemiplegia, and although she can talk, she chooses not to.
• The Price house is at one end of the village of Kilanga, and the church building is at the other.
• Leah helps her father in the garden.
• Mama Tataba, the cook, tells Nathan he must make mounds of dirt to...
This section contains 1,786 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)