|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Pnin comes downstairs to complain about some annoyances. What does he see a fellow professor doing at the party?
(a) Impersonating him.
(b) Kissing Mrs. Clements.
(d) Stealing silverware.
2. In Chapter 5, whom is this type of gathering common among?
(a) Russian immigrants.
(b) German immigrants.
(c) French immigrants.
(d) Polish immigrants.
3. Why doesn't Laurence want Pnin to stay in his house?
(a) He hates Pnin.
(b) He thinks Pnin is strange.
(c) He thinks Pnin is mean.
(d) He thinks Pnin is dirty.
4. How serious is Pnin's condition?
(a) Very serious.
(b) Not serious at all.
(c) Not terribly serious.
5. What does Pnin usually find wrong in the places that he lives?
(a) Too expensive.
(b) Not close enough to the college.
(c) Too much noise.
(d) Too small.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the party in Chapter 5, after playing the game whom does Pnin talk with?
2. In Chapter 3, which poet's poem does Pnin discuss concerning the uncertainty of death?
3. How old was Pnin when he left his home country?
4. At the end of chapter 1, what poem does Pnin recall reciting in front of the entire school when he was a child?
5. Victor is happy about the book that Pnin picked out for him. Whom does he mistake its author for?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)