|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor show a lot of talent in, which for some reason worries his parents?
(a) Artistic talent.
(b) Culinary talent.
(c) Athletic talent.
(d) Acting talent.
2. Why was Pnin's office recently relocated?
(a) There were complaints about Pnin.
(b) The building was being renovated.
(c) To accommodate a new Austrian professor.
(d) He needed a bigger office.
3. Who helps Pnin to adapt his room at the Clementses' house to his own utility and personality?
(b) Mrs. Clement.
(c) His brother.
(d) One of his students.
4. Where were Pnin and his wife Liza staying when she met Dr. Wind, the man she ends up leaving Pnin for?
(a) Austin, Texas.
(b) Meudon, a suburb of Paris.
(c) Marseille, France.
(d) Tuva, Russia.
5. How does the man who runs Victor's school treat the children?
(d) With minimal tolerance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pnin not realize while he is traveling in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 4, who has Liza left Dr. Wind for and is preparing to marry?
3. How old is Victor in Chapter 4?
4. Why does the staff at Victor's school keep his art teacher around?
5. In Chapter 3, which poet's poem does Pnin discuss concerning the uncertainty of death?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)