|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pnin take Victor after picking him up from the train station?
(a) To the college.
(b) To his home.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To a movie.
2. What is it about Victor that troubles his parents?
(a) He is always angry and they don't know why.
(b) He never talks and is very distant.
(c) He is peculiar; he is an exceptionally easy child.
(d) He gets into trouble a lot at school.
3. In Chapter 5, where is the cabin that Pnin is headed to located?
(a) The Willows.
(b) The Aspens.
(c) The Birches.
(d) The Pines.
4. What does Pnin usually find wrong in the places that he lives?
(a) Too small.
(b) Not close enough to the college.
(c) Too much noise.
(d) Too expensive.
5. Where were Pnin and his wife Liza staying when she met Dr. Wind, the man she ends up leaving Pnin for?
(a) Tuva, Russia.
(b) Marseille, France.
(c) Austin, Texas.
(d) Meudon, a suburb of Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is the nature of Victor and Pnin's conversation during dinner?
2. In Chapter 2, whom does Mrs. Clements invite Pnin to meet which he declines?
3. What is one of the chief attractions of the party at the cabin?
4. How soon after Mrs. Clements tells Pnin he can stay at their house does Pnin arrive?
5. Why did Liza decide to send Victor to a particular school in Chapter 4?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)