|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what university does Pnin learn his friend tried to get him a position at?
2. After leaving the library in Chapter 3, what does Pnin decide to do for the night?
(a) Read a book in his room.
(b) Go straight to bed.
(c) Go to a music and movie night that some acquaintances of his are having.
(d) Watch some TV.
3. What is one of the chief attractions of the party at the cabin?
(a) The lake.
(b) The river.
(c) The brook.
(d) The reservoir.
4. In Chapter 4, what is the nature of Victor and Pnin's conversation during dinner?
(c) No conversation.
(d) Somewhat strained.
5. What does Pnin ask the librarian in Chapter 3?
(a) If she can tell him who requested the book.
(b) If he can hang on to the book a while longer.
(c) If he can request a new book.
(d) If they have any more books on the same subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Liza's profession when she met Pnin?
2. Victor is happy about the book that Pnin picked out for him. Whom does he mistake its author for?
3. What is the name of the librarian at Pnin's college?
4. What war is America in the midst of in Chapter 6?
5. Besides teaching his students to speak the language that he teaches, what does Pnin occasionally treat his class to?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)