|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The play was first published in the year:
(b) After the author's death in 1909.
2. Which of the following characters could be described as the most impulsive?
(a) The Widow Quin
(b) Shawn Keogh
(c) Christy Mahon
(d) Old Mahon
3. What is poteen?
(a) Potato alcohol.
(b) Potato stew.
(c) Illicit whiskey.
(d) Rancid wine.
4. Pegeen imagines that Christy must have the temperament of:
(a) A dead fish.
(b) A rattle snake ready to attack its next victim.
(c) A plow horse full of patience.
(d) A man filled with blind rage.
5. Christy's demeanor as he tells his story can be described as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pegeen rushes out to tend to her sheep crisis, what does Shawn offer to Christy to leave?
2. At the end of Act II, Christy is summoned by:
3. What is Shawn's plan for Christy?
4. A "shebeen" is a:
5. Pegeen's formal name is:
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)