|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ethnic background of the characters in the play is:
(b) First generation American.
2. Christy is served a supper of:
(a) Meat and water.
(b) Wine and cheese.
(c) Beer and cheese.
(d) Bread and milk.
3. When Christy comes out of the back room, the girls:
(a) Condemn him for his lack of Godly morals.
(b) Scream and run away.
(c) Tell him he should marry the Widow Quin.
(d) Welcome him and offer him food they have brought him.
4. Which of the following characters could be described as the most impulsive?
(a) Shawn Keogh
(b) Old Mahon
(c) Christy Mahon
(d) The Widow Quin
5. Pegeen's discussion with Christy after her father leaves is interrupted by:
(a) Old Mahon.
(b) The peelers.
(d) The Widow Quin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following could be considered to have a significant impact on the characters' lives?
2. The play was first published in the year:
3. Pegeen imagines that Christy must have the temperament of:
4. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
5. Pegeen's wedding is on hold until her fiance receives:
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)