|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Socrates have time for in 107c-115e?
(a) Defend his beliefs.
(b) Tell another story.
(c) Eat with his friends.
(d) Explain why he is going to die.
2. What is weaker than the lyre according to Socrates?
3. What relation does Socrates see between Tallness and Shortness?
(a) They are the same, but inverted.
(b) Shortness is more important than Tallness.
(c) They cannot participate in each other.
(d) They are linked.
4. What does Socrates think earth balanced in the middle of?
(b) A homogeneous substance.
(d) The heavens.
5. What we must do for all time according to Socrates at the start of 107c-115e?
(a) Prepare for death.
(b) Take care of our soul.
(c) Worship the gods.
(d) Be truthful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who guides each man to the next station after death?
2. What is happening to things Socrates says he knew before?
3. What did Phaedo and Echecrates want from Socrates in 88c-95a?
4. What happen after the soul reaches and is accepted at the next station after death?
5. What is good to believe before dying according to Socrates?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the soul rule the man according to Socrates?
2. What does Socrates think of the shape of earth?
3. What does Socrates say of the journey of well-ordered souls?
4. According to Socrates in 88c-95a, what is there no greater evil than and why does he believe this?
5. Why does Socrates worry that he might hurt his senses?
6. Who directs the body according to Socrates?
7. What does Socrates say about the Beautiful?
8. What does Socrates say about caring for the soul?
9. Who is Socrates trying to convince with his arguments?
10. What is Tartarus according to Socrates?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)