|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Form not admit, according to Socrates?
(a) That Socrates holds the truth.
(b) That it is wrong.
(c) That the soul is immortal.
2. What does Socrates say cannot contain a harmony?
(a) A harmony.
(b) The soul.
(d) The body.
3. Who is impressed by Socrates' arguments at the start of 95b-107b?
4. Where does Socrates think the people of earth dwell?
(a) In the hollows of the earth.
(b) On its surface.
(c) In its oceans.
(d) In his caves.
5. What did Phaedo and Echecrates want from Socrates in 88c-95a?
(a) More arguments that the soul survives the body.
(b) That he tries a new poison.
(c) That he changes topic.
(d) That he does not kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group does Socrates say those who practice moderation would join?
2. What are the heavens according to Socrates?
3. What will philosophy free according to Socrates?
4. What is better than divine doctrine concerning the next life according to Simmias?
5. What does Socrates think of the cause of things?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the soul after death according to Socrates?
2. What does Socrates say of the journey of well-ordered souls?
3. What does Socrates say about harmony at the end of 81b-88b?
4. What does Socrates think of the shape of earth?
5. Why will some join the "gentle group" of ants?
6. Why does Socrates worry that he might hurt his senses?
7. What does Socrates think of the nature of the soul before and after death?
8. What is Tartarus according to Socrates?
9. What are the four major rivers of the earth according to Socrates?
10. What does Socrates conclude on the explanation in the changes of things?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)