|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ways do things exist according to Socrates?
(a) Visible and invisible.
(b) Spicy and bland
(c) Small and large.
(d) Wet and dry.
2. Who had to be led away during Socrates' trial?
3. Who recounts Socrates' death at the start of "Phaedo"?
4. Who does the account tell was present during Socrates' trial beside his friends?
(a) His wife and child.
(b) The chairman of the senate.
(c) His sons.
(d) His first student.
5. What might be an obstacle to acquiring knowledge according to Socrates?
(b) Bad teachers.
(d) The body.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Socrates, what do the ones who love wisdom desire?
2. What does Socrates argue is not possible without wisdom?
3. According to Socrates, what equal never is?
4. How does course and moderation see death according to Socrates' argument?
5. What does Socrates say a bravery should not be a response to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do things exist and what does this explain about the two parts of the body?
2. Why was Socrates held in jail before his execution?
3. What does Socrates say about the gods at the end of 57a-62c?
4. Who was present when Socrates died?
5. What belief of Simmias' does Socrates question?
6. What must man do in order to attain pure knowledge?
7. At the beginning of 62d-66a, what does Socrates maintain about the philosopher?
8. What does the theory of opposites imply about dead things at the end of 66b-72e?
9. What should those who love learning do and why?
10. What does Echecrates ask Phaedo at the beginning of "Phaedo"?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)