|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 73a - 81a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claimed to have been with Socrates when he died at the start of "Phaedo"?
2. Why should Socrates resent dying according to Cebes?
(a) He still has too much to do.
(b) His wife and child need him.
(c) Dying does not bring fame.
(d) God protects his possessions.
3. What can be achieved in death that could not be achieved in life according to Socrates?
4. What did Socrates drink, according to Echecrates?
5. What argument does Cebes agree with at the start of 73a-81a?
(a) Philosophy is the savior of mankind.
(b) Souls of the dead exit.
(c) Hemlock is painless.
(d) Dying is good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Socrates decide he should write before his death?
2. What does Socrates argue is not possible without wisdom?
3. Who wants to hear Socrates' argument that the soul appears immortal?
4. According to Socrates, what do the ones who love wisdom desire?
5. What does Simmias tell Socrates about the ideas of the Just, the Beautiful and the Good?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)