|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 73a - 81a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Socrates, what does the philosopher hate most?
(a) His brain.
(b) His senses.
(c) The body.
(d) Other philosophers.
2. Why are moderates amongst the masses also moderate out of fear according to Socrates?
(a) They do not want to lose what they have.
(b) They do not want to follow philosophy.
(c) They are afraid of the justice system.
(d) They do not want to fight the Spartans.
3. What did the one recounting the event of Socrates' death feel for him?
(b) No pity.
4. What does Socrates say most people are ready to do when their loved ones die?
(b) Go to the underworld.
(c) Learn philosophy.
(d) Move on.
5. How did Socrates die according to the account of the event?
(b) Without fear.
(c) Holding his wife's hand.
(d) In pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates argue is not possible without wisdom?
2. Where was Socrates held prior to dying according to the two men discussing at the start of "Phaedo"?
3. How does course and moderation see death according to Socrates' argument?
4. How does the man recounting Socrates' death qualify it?
5. What does the body do to the soul according to Socrates' argument in 66b-72e?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)