|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 73a - 81a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wasn't present at Socrates' death according to the account?
2. Who was present for Socrates' death according to the men at the start of "Phaedo"?
(a) A good many of Socrates' friends.
(b) Only the judge and executor.
(c) The Athenian senate.
(d) A good many of Socrates' enemies.
3. What can be achieved in death that could not be achieved in life according to Socrates?
4. What ways do things exist according to Socrates?
(a) Spicy and bland
(b) Small and large.
(c) Visible and invisible.
(d) Wet and dry.
5. What might be an obstacle to acquiring knowledge according to Socrates?
(b) The body.
(d) Bad teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Cebes put forth for Socrates' conclusion to be valid?
2. In "Phaedo", what is the abstract fact about the world that makes it true that two sticks are of the same type?
3. What does Socrates say must the soul use to see clearly?
4. What does Cebes argue is the logical conclusion of a man always giving the right answer?
5. What did the one recounting the event of Socrates' death feel for him?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)