|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 81b - 88b.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates think is the highest form of art according to his conversation with Cebes?
2. What ways do things exist according to Socrates?
(a) Spicy and bland
(b) Small and large.
(c) Wet and dry.
(d) Visible and invisible.
3. Who doesn't deserve to live according to the masses?
(a) The Spartans.
(b) The senate members.
(c) Those who follow Socrates.
(d) Those who take little pleasure in the body.
4. What should a man be concerned about according to Socrates?
(a) His family.
(b) The state of his soul.
(c) His political power.
(d) His riches.
5. What does Socrates argue about our knowledge of Greater, smaller, Beautiful, Good, Justice and Pious?
(a) It is incomplete.
(b) It is perfect.
(c) We recollect them from a period before the body.
(d) We cannot recollect them after 20 years of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simmias think of Cebes arguments about the man that answers correctly?
2. What is the only way to truly achieve virtue according to Socrates?
3. How did Socrates die according to the account of the event?
4. What is the destination of the soul determined by according to Socrates?
5. What does fear and terror make men brave beside of?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)