|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 81b - 88b.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does philosophy surrender to from time to time?
(a) To contemplation.
(b) To fear.
(c) To the body.
(d) To passion.
2. What argument does Cebes agree with at the start of 73a-81a?
(a) Souls of the dead exit.
(b) Hemlock is painless.
(c) Dying is good.
(d) Philosophy is the savior of mankind.
3. What might be an obstacle to acquiring knowledge according to Socrates?
(a) The body.
(c) Bad teachers.
4. What does Socrates argue is not possible without wisdom?
5. What are course and moderation part of according to Socrates?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Socrates, what does the philosopher hate most?
2. What is weaker than the lyre according to Socrates?
3. What is clearer to the soul than the body according to Socrates?
4. What is the destination of the soul determined by according to Socrates?
5. What does Socrates argue learning is?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)