|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 95b - 107b.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the theory Socrates say some people believe in argue happens to the soul after death?
(a) They go to the afterworld.
(b) They are reincarnated.
(c) Their fate depends on the gods.
(d) They die.
2. Why is the soul in a poor state after it leaves the body according to Socrates?
(a) By being unable to escape.
(b) By being ignorant.
(c) By losing his virtue.
(d) By being associated with the body.
3. What is weaker than the lyre according to Socrates?
4. What does Socrates think of desires?
(a) They are good for the body.
(b) They are a trap.
(c) They are ignored by the philosopher.
(d) They should not be given to women.
5. What is Socrates looking into to answer Cebes' question?
(a) Why the soul is harmony.
(b) Why things came to be and perished.
(c) Why the soul is blind.
(d) Why things live so long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Cebes ask Socrates concerning the soul's long existence?
2. What can Form not admit, according to Socrates?
3. When can brave men face death according to Socrates?
4. What did Socrates feel when he said that the one teaching about the "Mind" was not applying his own teachings?
5. Who is impressed by Socrates' arguments at the start of 95b-107b?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)