|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 95b - 107b.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates say would be harmed if he thinks about empirical causes further?
(a) His body.
(b) His sense.
(c) His harmony.
(d) His soul.
2. What does the theory Socrates say some people believe in argue happens to the soul after death?
(a) They go to the afterworld.
(b) They are reincarnated.
(c) They die.
(d) Their fate depends on the gods.
3. What should the philosopher avoid according to Socrates?
(a) Bodily passions.
4. Why is the soul in a poor state after it leaves the body according to Socrates?
(a) By losing his virtue.
(b) By being associated with the body.
(c) By being unable to escape.
(d) By being ignorant.
5. What does Socrates decide to consider after abandoning his thinking of empirical causes?
(a) Consider matters through his soul alone.
(b) How the soul escapes the body.
(c) The value of a senator's soul.
(d) The truth behind harmony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the people present with Socrates think of his argument according to Phaedo?
2. How does Socrates try to uncover causes?
3. Why are moderates amongst the masses also moderate out of fear according to Socrates?
4. What condition does Cebes put forth for Socrates' conclusion to be valid?
5. What are course and moderation part of according to Socrates?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)