|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 95b - 107b.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Socrates discuss to answer Cebes question?
(a) Natural science.
2. What does the body do according to Socrates?
(a) Distract from love.
(b) Ruins hope.
3. What is better than divine doctrine concerning the next life according to Simmias?
(a) Discovering it firsthand.
(b) Knowing nothing.
(c) The best of men's theories.
(d) Socrates' doctrine.
4. What does Socrates argue is not possible without wisdom?
5. What is Socrates wondering about the state of the soul when it leaves the body at the start of 81b-88b?
(a) It might die.
(b) It might not be knowledgeable.
(c) It might be lost.
(d) It might be impure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Socrates feel when he said that the one teaching about the "Mind" was not applying his own teachings?
2. What does Simmias think of knowledge about the next life?
3. What does Socrates say cannot be attained as long as the body and the soul are fused?
4. What groups can no one join if they have not practiced philosophy and do not leave this life pure?
5. How does course and moderation see death according to Socrates' argument?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)