|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ike and Bobby's mother say when the two boys check on her?
(a) She tells them she loves them very much.
(b) She gives vague answers to their questions.
(c) She tells them a story.
(d) She cries and says she never wants to see them in there again.
2. What does Russ want of Sharlene?
(a) For her to have sex with him.
(b) For her to have sex with his friend.
(c) For her to have an abortion.
3. What do the brothers do after dinner while Victoria is in her room?
(a) Go to the barn.
(b) Watch television in the living room.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Sit at the dining table.
4. Where does Maggie Jones drive?
(a) The Guthrie ranch.
(b) To talk to Ike and Bobby's mother.
(c) To find Dwayne.
(d) The McPherons' ranch.
5. Who repeatedly slaps Victoria?
(a) Maggie's father.
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crowder decide to do with Russell?
2. What are students doing in Guthrie's class?
3. About what do the McPheron brothers think Maggie is joking?
4. Why does Victoria run out of the classroom?
5. What does a panicked cow do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Victoria returns to the McPherons' house?
2. What does Russell and a friend do to Ike and Bobby?
3. What do Ike and Bobby do after Russell leaves them?
4. What does the young man ask his girlfriend, Sharlene, to do and what is the end result?
5. How does Victoria feel on the way to the McPherons' house and what happens when she and Maggie arrive there?
6. Who do Ike and Bobby visit, what does she say and what does she do?
7. What do the McPheron brothers say when Tom Guthrie arrives with Ike and Bobby to help vaccinate their cattle?
8. How does Victoria end up going to Denver?
9. How does Victoria's mother find out Victoria is pregnant and what is her response?
10. Who does Victoria call on her way to Maggie's house one evening and what happens with that situation?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)