|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the chutes at the McPherons' place?
(a) To separate the rams from the ewes.
(b) To seperate the stallion from the mares.
(c) To direct water to outlying fields.
(d) To vaccinate the cattle individually.
2. What does Russell Beckman do to Guthrie?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Apologizes to him.
(c) Punches him, breaking one of Guthrie's teeth.
(d) Starts an untrue rumor about him.
3. Why is Mr. Beckman angry at Crowder?
(a) Russell needs special tutors the school won't give him.
(b) Russell won't be playing in that weekend's tournament.
(c) Russell claims some bullies at school attacked him.
(d) Russell says Crowder was mean to him.
4. Why does Tom Guthrie have to see Lloyd Crowder?
(a) To talk to Crowder about Ike's progress in English class.
(b) To resign his position.
(c) To talk to Crowder about a boy in history class.
(d) To ask for a raise.
5. Who is Russell Beckman?
(a) A student who is failing in Tom Guthrie's class.
(b) One of Bobby's best friends who is very ill.
(c) An honor student who would like to be on the baseball team.
(d) A student in Tom Guthrie's class who is far ahead of the other students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ike and Bobby go after doing their chores on Saturday morning?
2. What does Crowder tell Guthrie to do after the Beckmans leave?
3. What do the boys ask about the McPheron brothers?
4. What request does Ella have about Ike and Bobby?
5. What does Guthrie think about when Victoria Roubideaux gives her report?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Victoria tell Maggie about the baby's father?
2. How does Victoria end up going to Denver?
3. What happens at the barbershop when Ike and Bobby go there to collect their newspaper money?
4. What do Ike and Bobby do after Russell leaves them?
5. What do the McPheron brothers find when they arrive home one day and what do they do about it?
6. What do the McPheron brothers do after Victoria's examination is finished?
7. What kind of report does a male student make in Guthrie's class and what does he say when Guthrie asks why his report is so short? What is Gurthrie's response to the student's answer?
8. What does Victoria do in Denver and how does she feel about her life there?
9. What do the McPheron brothers do when Victoria doesn't come home and how do they feel about it?
10. What does the young man ask his girlfriend, Sharlene, to do and what is the end result?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)