|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the father of Victoria's baby live?
(a) Next door to Victoria.
(b) Two houses down from Victoria.
(c) Right by the school.
(d) In another town.
2. What does the barber ask Ike and Bobby about their mother?
(a) If she has moved out of the house.
(b) If she knows they don't spend money on haircuts.
(c) If she has been moved to a psychiatric ward.
(d) If she is doing better.
3. What does Mrs. Stearns tell Ike and Bobby to never do?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Drink alcohol.
(c) Trust a doctor.
(d) Trust a preacher.
4. What does Crowder decide to do with Russell?
(a) Allow him to play in the tournament.
(b) Suspend him for five days.
(c) Give him a student tutor.
(d) Transfer him to another history teacher.
5. How is the time the boys spend with their mother before she leaves?
(b) Confusing for the boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victoria need on her lunch break?
2. What happens to Bobby near the end of the work?
3. What does Ella do after Tom talks to her?
4. What does Guthrie think about when Victoria Roubideaux gives her report?
5. What does Mrs. Steans encourage Ike and Bobby to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the young man ask his girlfriend, Sharlene, to do and what is the end result?
2. How does Victoria end up going to Denver?
3. What does Tom do about Ike and Bobby after seeing his wife?
4. What does Victoria do for her lunch break, who does she encounter and what is the end result?
5. What happens when Victoria goes home after school the afternoon her mother decided Victoria was pregnant?
6. What does Victoria tell Maggie about the baby's father?
7. What does Mrs. Stearns do with Ike and Bobby while the cookies are baking? What does she tell them?
8. What does Maggie do about Guthrie going to Judy's house and what is his response?
9. Describe the conversation Tom Guthrie and Lloyd Crowder have about Russell Beckman's grade in American History.
10. What happens at the beginning of the book when Tom Guthrie goes in to speak with his wife before leaving for school?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)