|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guthrie ask Maggie when he phones her?
(a) If she wants to go away for the weekend.
(b) If she likes Ike and Bobby.
(c) To go to dinner with him.
(d) To keep their relationship a secret.
2. Where do Ike and Bobby go when they leave Mrs. Stearns' house?
(b) To the school.
(c) To the sheriff's office.
(d) To the playground.
3. What does Tom do when the boys finally tell him what happened?
(a) Kidnap Russell.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Go to the Beckmans' house.
(d) Call Lloyd Crowder.
4. From where are Ike and Bobby walking home?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The school.
(d) A friend's house.
5. What does Mrs. Stearns suggest the boys do at her house?
(a) Make cookies.
(b) Eat some of the chocolate cake that is on the counter.
(c) Vacuum the house.
(d) Make some dinner.
6. What does Raymond accidentally do when talking to Dr. Martin?
(a) Slaps Dr. Martin too hard on the back.
(b) Slips on some water on the floor.
(c) Breaks his stethoscope.
(d) Almost threatens the doctor.
7. What does Mr. Beckman threaten?
(a) To call the governor.
(b) To have the state police come into the town.
(c) To pull Russell from the school.
(d) To bring legal action against the school system.
8. Where does Russell take Ike and Bobby?
(a) To the vacant house near the Guthrie's.
(b) To his house.
(c) To the mall.
(d) About five miles out of town.
9. What does the man at Victoria's work claim to have in his car?
(a) A set of throwing knives.
(b) A pizza.
(c) A gun.
(d) A puppy.
10. Where is Guthrie attending a party?
(a) Judy's house.
(b) The Back Street Bar and Grill.
(c) Maggie's house.
(d) At the school cafeteria.
11. What does Dwayne tell Victoria?
(a) He heard she had an abortion.
(b) He heard she was living with Maggie Jones.
(c) He heard she was pregnant and living with two old men.
(d) He heard she was looking for him.
12. What does Harold ask Victoria after dinner?
(a) What she thinks of the market.
(b) If she wants to wash the dishes.
(c) If she has seen the baby's father recently.
(d) If she needs to see the doctor.
13. What does Raymond ask Tom when he calls?
(a) If the boys can spend the night.
(b) If Raymond can bring the boys home.
(c) If he can pick-up the boys.
(d) If the boys can stay a few days there.
14. What do the McPheron brothers find when they arrive back at the ranch?
(a) A cow is having a difficult labor.
(b) Victoria left a note saying she is at a friend's house.
(c) The cows need milked.
(d) Victoria is asleep in her room.
15. What does Guthrie tell Maggie impresses him about her?
(a) Everyone seems to like her.
(b) She is very good with the students.
(c) She always looks nice.
(d) She always seems so confident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ike and Bobby find when they arrive at Mrs. Stearns' house?
2. What does Guthrie do before he comes to Judy's house?
3. What does Victoria do at a party she and Dwayne attend?
4. What does Victoria do with Dwayne?
5. What are the boys forbidden to do at their aunt's house?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)