|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the board members try to do with the Beckmans?
(a) Pacify them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Subdue them.
(d) Kick them out of the meeting.
2. What does Guthrie tell Maggie impresses him about her?
(a) She is very good with the students.
(b) Everyone seems to like her.
(c) She always seems so confident.
(d) She always looks nice.
3. What do the McPheron brothers say to Victoria's question?
(a) Of course.
(d) No way.
4. Where does Dwayne want Victoria to go?
(a) To another party.
(b) To a friend's house to pick-up some drugs.
(c) To his parents' house.
(d) To the grocery store.
5. What does Dwayne tell Victoria?
(a) He heard she was living with Maggie Jones.
(b) He heard she had an abortion.
(c) He heard she was looking for him.
(d) He heard she was pregnant and living with two old men.
6. What do Ike and Bobby do after they deliver their papers?
(a) Go to the drugstore.
(b) Go to Mrs. Stearns house.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Return home.
7. What are the boys forbidden to do at their aunt's house?
(a) Leave the apartment.
(b) Eat too many sweets.
(c) Ask friends over.
(d) Watch television.
8. Where are Guthrie and Maggie dancing?
(a) At a party.
(b) In a bar.
(c) At Tom's house.
(d) At a school dance.
9. What do the McPheron brothers buy at the department store?
(a) A baby crib.
(b) Baby clothes.
(c) A computer.
(d) A new television.
10. What does the man at Victoria's work claim to have in his car?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A gun.
(c) A set of throwing knives.
(d) A pizza.
11. What does Mrs. Stearns suggest the boys do at her house?
(a) Make cookies.
(b) Make some dinner.
(c) Vacuum the house.
(d) Eat some of the chocolate cake that is on the counter.
12. Where does Maggie see Harold?
(a) At the grocery store.
(b) At church.
(c) At the feed store.
(d) At the town meeting.
13. What does Harold tell Raymond about when he gets home?
(a) The price of cattle feed.
(b) His conversation with Victoria.
(c) His conversation with Maggie.
(d) What the town mayor said at the meeting.
14. For what does Maggie's father think Guthrie is at the house?
(a) To sell Maggie a car.
(b) To fix the roof.
(c) To get Maggie in bed.
(d) To take him to a nursing home.
15. What does Tom do when he leaves Maggie's house?
(a) Delivers Ike and Bobby's papers.
(b) Goes to school.
(c) Goes out to the McPherons.
(d) Goes horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a man ask her who comes in Victoria's work place?
2. Why does Mrs. Stearns send Ike and Bobby to the store?
3. Why does Lloyd Crowder call Tom Guthrie?
4. What kind of job does Judy have at the school?
5. What does Victoria begin to do over the Christmas holidays?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)