|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom buy when he is driving around?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A couple of hamburgers.
2. What does Tom do when the boys finally tell him what happened?
(a) Go to the Beckmans' house.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Kidnap Russell.
(d) Call Lloyd Crowder.
3. What does Victoria do in the car with the McPheron brothers?
(a) Tells them about the party.
(b) Tells them her mother is threatening her.
(c) Says she doesn't want to go back to school.
(d) Tells them about Russell at school.
4. With whom does Guthrie leave the bar?
(a) He leaves with Judy.
(b) He leaves with Maggie.
(c) He leaves alone.
(d) He leaves with Crowder.
5. What does Russell ask Ike and Bobby?
(a) Where their father is.
(b) If they want a ride home.
(c) If they were spying on him.
(d) If their horse died.
6. What does Victoria ask the McPheron brothers?
(a) Victoria won't get out of the car.
(b) The dogs won't let them out of the car.
(c) If she can borrow their car.
(d) If she can live with them again.
7. What does the man at Victoria's work claim to have in his car?
(a) A set of throwing knives.
(b) A gun.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A pizza.
8. What does Mr. Beckman threaten?
(a) To have the state police come into the town.
(b) To call the governor.
(c) To pull Russell from the school.
(d) To bring legal action against the school system.
9. What do the McPheron brothers do after Victoria talks to them?
(a) Takes her shopping.
(b) Takes her to Maggie's house.
(c) Takes her out for lunch.
(d) Takes her to see Dr. Martin.
10. What does Guthrie ask Maggie when he phones her?
(a) To keep their relationship a secret.
(b) If she wants to go away for the weekend.
(c) If she likes Ike and Bobby.
(d) To go to dinner with him.
11. When do Ike and Bobby arrive at the McPherons' ranch?
(a) That afternoon.
(b) Early evening.
(c) The next morning.
(d) Late at night.
12. Where do Ike and Bobby go when they leave Mrs. Stearns' house?
(a) To the sheriff's office.
(b) To the school.
(d) To the playground.
13. What do the McPheron brothers find when they arrive back at the ranch?
(a) Victoria is asleep in her room.
(b) Victoria left a note saying she is at a friend's house.
(c) A cow is having a difficult labor.
(d) The cows need milked.
14. What does Harold tell Raymond about when he gets home?
(a) What the town mayor said at the meeting.
(b) His conversation with Victoria.
(c) The price of cattle feed.
(d) His conversation with Maggie.
15. What does Maggie tell Tom when they are dancing?
(a) She had a crush on him in the fourth grade.
(b) She's not sure she wants to date.
(c) She has been attracted to him for years.
(d) She has to take care of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond accidentally do when talking to Dr. Martin?
2. What does Tom bring to a school board meeting?
3. What does Dwayne ask Victoria to do?
4. What does Victoria ask Dwayne when she sees him?
5. What is wrong with Ike's horse?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)