|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Victoria go after she receives a note from Dwayne?
(a) To his mother's house.
(b) To the convenience store.
(c) To the parking lot.
(d) To the drug store.
2. What does Guthrie ask Judy when she kisses him?
(a) If she wants to go riding.
(b) Whether she has ever been married.
(c) About her ex-husband.
(d) If she likes children.
3. What do the McPheron brothers buy at the department store?
(a) A new television.
(b) A baby crib.
(c) Baby clothes.
(d) A computer.
4. What does Harold tell Raymond about when he gets home?
(a) His conversation with Victoria.
(b) The price of cattle feed.
(c) What the town mayor said at the meeting.
(d) His conversation with Maggie.
5. Why does Mrs. Stearns give Ike and Bobby a key to her house?
(a) So they can water her plants.
(b) So she doesn't have to get up.
(c) So they can feed her fish.
(d) So they can check on her.
6. What does Dwayne ask Victoria to do?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Have an abortion.
(c) Not have an abortion.
(d) Come live with him.
7. What does Victoria tell Maggie is wrong at the McPherons' house?
(a) It is kept too cold.
(b) It smells like cows.
(c) The brothers rarely talk.
(d) It is boring.
8. Where does Russell take Ike and Bobby?
(a) To the mall.
(b) To the vacant house near the Guthrie's.
(c) To his house.
(d) About five miles out of town.
9. What do the boys tell Guthrie when he arrives home the night of their encounter with Russell?
(a) They tell him they were at Mrs. Stearns.
(b) They tell him what happened.
(d) They are asleep when Tom gets home.
10. What does Raymond ask Tom when he calls?
(a) If the boys can stay a few days there.
(b) If he can pick-up the boys.
(c) If the boys can spend the night.
(d) If Raymond can bring the boys home.
11. From where are Ike and Bobby walking home?
(a) The school.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) A friend's house.
12. What does Mrs. Stearns suggest the boys do at her house?
(a) Make cookies.
(b) Vacuum the house.
(c) Eat some of the chocolate cake that is on the counter.
(d) Make some dinner.
13. What does Harold ask Victoria after dinner?
(a) If she needs to see the doctor.
(b) If she has seen the baby's father recently.
(c) What she thinks of the market.
(d) If she wants to wash the dishes.
14. What do Ike and Bobby notice about their mother at Christmas?
(a) She seems happier.
(b) She is drinking too much.
(c) She is passive and dominated by her sister.
(d) She has made some friends.
15. What does Victoria first tell the McPheron brothers?
(a) About going to a party.
(b) About the ranch being boring.
(c) About talking to Maggie.
(d) About her departure with Dwayne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victoria do at a party she and Dwayne attend?
2. For what does Maggie's father think Guthrie is at the house?
3. What does Raymond accidentally do when talking to Dr. Martin?
4. Where does Dwayne want Victoria to go?
5. What does Victoria do when Raymond tells her they worried about her?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)