|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victoria ask about as far as a doctor is concerned?
(a) If the fees will be very much.
(b) If there is a female doctor in town.
(c) Why she needs to see a doctor.
(d) If a doctor will see her without her mother.
2. How does Jim take the news about Ella?
(a) He is glad.
(b) He forbids her to go.
(c) At first he is argumentative.
(d) He says that he is sad but it's probably for the best.
3. Who is Maggie Jones?
(a) One of Guthrie's students who is failing.
(b) Ella Guthrie's best friend.
(c) Another teacher at the school where Tom Guthrie works.
(d) The Captain of the Cheerleaders.
4. Why does Ike and Bobby's mother cry when they are there?
(a) She is watching a sad soap opera.
(b) Because they say they want her to come back home.
(c) Because they buy her perfume and bubble bath as a present.
(d) She does not cry.
5. Where does the father of Victoria's baby live?
(a) In another town.
(b) Right by the school.
(c) Next door to Victoria.
(d) Two houses down from Victoria.
6. What does Guthrie ask Russell Beckman to do?
(a) Step into the hall.
(b) Apologize to Victoria.
(c) Apologize to Guthrie.
(d) Go to the Principal's office.
7. What does the student say about the length of his report when asked?
(a) He could not find any information on his topic.
(b) He didn't want to bore the class.
(c) He tried to pare it down more.
(d) He thought it was supposed to be at least 10 minutes long.
8. What happened to the McPheron brothers that makes Maggie say they will be understanding?
(a) They lost their parents when young.
(b) They have many nieces and nephews.
(c) They like animals.
(d) They have both raised daughters.
9. What does Ella do after Tom talks to her?
(a) Folds her arm across her face.
(b) Says she would like some breakfast.
(c) Throws a pillow at him.
10. About what do the McPheron brothers think Maggie is joking?
(a) That Jim Guthrie is divorcing his wife.
(b) That Jim Guthrie is selling his ranch.
(c) The idea of Victoria living with them.
(d) The idea of them adopting a baby.
11. Why is it difficult for Ike and Bobby to talk with their mother?
(a) She refuses to wear her hearing aids.
(b) She is so apathetic.
(c) She keeps the door closed so they have to yell through it.
(d) She keeps crying.
12. What does Victoria find when she gets home after work?
(a) The house is on fire.
(b) The house has been broken into.
(c) Her mother left town.
(d) She is locked out.
13. What do the boys ask about the McPheron brothers?
(a) Why their mother isn't there.
(b) Why they never had any children.
(c) Why they never married.
(d) Why they are still ranching when they are so old.
14. What are students doing in Guthrie's class?
(a) Shooting spitballs while he is in the hallway.
(b) Most of them are sleeping.
(c) Acting out a play.
(d) Giving speeches.
15. What was the topic of the report the male student gives?
(a) George Washington.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Abe Lincoln.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who repeatedly slaps Victoria?
2. What does Crowder say about Beckman?
3. What does Raymond worry about the first night Victoria is at their house?
4. Where does Victoria spend the night?
5. What does Victoria need on her lunch break?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)