|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom Guthrie have to see Lloyd Crowder?
(a) To ask for a raise.
(b) To talk to Crowder about Ike's progress in English class.
(c) To talk to Crowder about a boy in history class.
(d) To resign his position.
2. Why is Guthrie in Crowder's office with the Beckmans?
(a) They want to help their son pass school.
(b) Russell has acted inappropriately.
(c) They want to know how their son is doing in school.
(d) They are filing a lawsuit against him.
3. What happens when Victoria declines a ride from a school boy?
(a) The young man shrugs and looks rejected.
(b) The young man grabs her arm and forces her into his car.
(d) The young man is rude.
4. Who repeatedly slaps Victoria?
(b) No one.
(d) Maggie's father.
5. Where is Ella Guthrie moving?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
6. What is the purpose of the chutes at the McPherons' place?
(a) To seperate the stallion from the mares.
(b) To direct water to outlying fields.
(c) To separate the rams from the ewes.
(d) To vaccinate the cattle individually.
7. What does one of Victoria's teachers say she will do?
(a) Speak to the father of her baby.
(b) Speak to Victoria's grandparents.
(c) Speak to the parents of the father of her baby.
(d) Go to a doctor with Victoria.
8. Why do Ike and Bobby leave the place where they took their classmate?
(a) The tree house was wrecked in the last storm.
(b) Their canoe has been stolen so they can't go out on the lake.
(c) Their mother comes and asks them to leave.
(d) A man arrives and points a gun at them.
9. Why does Victoria run out of the classroom?
(a) Because Russell Beckman starts yawning in an exaggerated manner.
(b) Because she is nauseous.
(c) Because Guthrie interupts her.
(d) Because of something Russell Beckman says.
10. Who at first refuses to pay Ike and Bobby?
(a) Their grandfather.
(b) The druggist.
(c) The neighbor across the street.
(d) The barber.
11. What does Russ want of Sharlene?
(a) For her to have sex with him.
(c) For her to have an abortion.
(d) For her to have sex with his friend.
12. How does Jim take the news about Ella?
(a) He forbids her to go.
(b) He says that he is sad but it's probably for the best.
(c) At first he is argumentative.
(d) He is glad.
13. What do they have to do to one of the cows?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Cut out a large fence splinter.
(c) Remove a mis-shapen horn.
(d) Isolate it for the vet to check.
14. What does Mrs. Stearn want before paying Ike and Bobby?
(a) A bill.
(b) Them to get something that rolled under the bed.
(c) A conversation.
(d) A receipt.
15. What does Raymond do when he looks in on Victoria the first night?
(a) Puts blankets on her.
(b) Sings her an old cowboy song.
(c) Turns on a nightlight.
(d) Shuts the bedroom window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maggie Jones?
2. What does Victoria ask about as far as a doctor is concerned?
3. What does Crowder tell Guthrie to do after the Beckmans leave?
4. For what do Harold and Raymond wait?
5. How does Victoria feel as Maggie is driving her to the McPherons' house?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)