|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Russell Beckman do to Guthrie?
(a) Starts an untrue rumor about him.
(b) Apologizes to him.
(c) Punches him, breaking one of Guthrie's teeth.
(d) Stabs him.
2. How is the time the boys spend with their mother before she leaves?
(a) Confusing for the boys.
3. What does Raymond give each of the boys?
(a) 10 dollars.
(b) 1 dollar.
(c) 20 dollars.
(d) 5 dollars.
4. What does Mrs. Stearn want before paying Ike and Bobby?
(a) Them to get something that rolled under the bed.
(b) A receipt.
(c) A conversation.
(d) A bill.
5. What do Ike and Bobby buy at the store for their mother?
(d) A book.
6. What does Raymond worry about the first night Victoria is at their house?
(a) If her mother is going to send the sheriff out.
(b) If her boyfriend is still in town.
(c) If she liked his cooking.
(d) How long she has been pregnant.
7. What does Crowder decide to do with Russell?
(a) Allow him to play in the tournament.
(b) Suspend him for five days.
(c) Transfer him to another history teacher.
(d) Give him a student tutor.
8. Where does the father of Victoria's baby live?
(a) Two houses down from Victoria.
(b) In another town.
(c) Next door to Victoria.
(d) Right by the school.
9. What does Raymond do when he looks in on Victoria the first night?
(a) Puts blankets on her.
(b) Turns on a nightlight.
(c) Shuts the bedroom window.
(d) Sings her an old cowboy song.
10. What does the student say about the length of his report when asked?
(a) He didn't want to bore the class.
(b) He thought it was supposed to be at least 10 minutes long.
(c) He could not find any information on his topic.
(d) He tried to pare it down more.
11. What does Maggie do after Irving Curtis whispers something to him?
(a) She slaps Irving.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She leaves the room.
(d) She cries.
12. About what do Harold and Raymond joke?
(a) That their sister will want everything immaculate.
(b) That the stew has whiskey in it.
(c) That they cannot afford extra help.
(d) That their mother will probably confound the doctors.
13. What is the purpose of the chutes at the McPherons' place?
(a) To seperate the stallion from the mares.
(b) To direct water to outlying fields.
(c) To separate the rams from the ewes.
(d) To vaccinate the cattle individually.
14. What does Guthrie do about Ella's request concerning Ike and Bobby?
(a) Says she may take them with her, but they have to come back for the summers.
(b) Takes them over to her house.
(c) That the boys deserve the truth about her leaving.
(d) That he can take as good care of them as Ella's mother.
15. What happens to Bobby near the end of the work?
(a) He jumps off the fence and sprains his ankle.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He trips and falls off the fence into the pig pen.
(d) He is run over by a cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim take the news about Ella?
2. What happens when Victoria declines a ride from a school boy?
3. What does Crowder tell Guthrie to do after the Beckmans leave?
4. Where are Ike and Bobby sitting on their bikes?
5. Why is it difficult for Ike and Bobby to talk with their mother?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)