|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victoria need on her lunch break?
(a) Time to get to the pay phone and call her boss.
(b) To talk to the boy who is the father of her baby.
(c) Something to eat that will not aggravate her nausea.
(d) To see the principal.
2. What does Raymond give each of the boys?
(a) 10 dollars.
(b) 1 dollar.
(c) 5 dollars.
(d) 20 dollars.
3. Where does Victoria go after leaving her home?
(a) Tom Guthrie's place.
(b) Her grandparents' place.
(c) Her boyfriend's place.
(d) Maggie Jones' home.
4. What does Mrs. Beckman tend to use when she talks?
(a) Bad grammar.
(b) A lot of legal terms.
(d) An English accent.
5. What does Ralph Black not want the boys to do?
(a) Lean their bikes on the wagon.
(b) Put the newspapers in plastic bags if it does not look like rain.
(c) Fold the newspapers with the front page out.
(d) Fold the newspapers with the front page inward.
6. What does Guthrie think about when Victoria Roubideaux gives her report?
(a) That she reminds Guthrie of his sister.
(b) That the report is outstanding.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is staying with Maggie Jones.
7. Where does Victoria spend the night?
(a) In Maggie's spare bedroom.
(b) On the street near the school.
(c) On Maggie's couch.
(d) At the train station.
8. What does Victoria ask about as far as a doctor is concerned?
(a) Why she needs to see a doctor.
(b) If there is a female doctor in town.
(c) If the fees will be very much.
(d) If a doctor will see her without her mother.
9. What does a panicked cow do?
(a) Gets stuck in a fence.
(b) Kicks Tom.
(c) Runs around in circles.
(d) Kicks Ike.
10. Why does Ike and Bobby's mother cry when they are there?
(a) She is watching a sad soap opera.
(b) She does not cry.
(c) Because they say they want her to come back home.
(d) Because they buy her perfume and bubble bath as a present.
11. What does one of Victoria's teachers say she will do?
(a) Speak to the parents of the father of her baby.
(b) Go to a doctor with Victoria.
(c) Speak to the father of her baby.
(d) Speak to Victoria's grandparents.
12. Where is Ella Guthrie moving?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
13. What do the brothers do after dinner while Victoria is in her room?
(a) Go to the barn.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Watch television in the living room.
(d) Sit at the dining table.
14. What happens when Victoria declines a ride from a school boy?
(b) The young man grabs her arm and forces her into his car.
(c) The young man is rude.
(d) The young man shrugs and looks rejected.
15. Why is it difficult for Ike and Bobby to talk with their mother?
(a) She refuses to wear her hearing aids.
(b) She keeps crying.
(c) She is so apathetic.
(d) She keeps the door closed so they have to yell through it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ike and Bobby take a classmate?
2. What does Russell Beckman do to Guthrie?
3. Who is Russell Beckman?
4. What room will Victoria be using at the McPheron place?
5. What do they have to do to one of the cows?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)