|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 58-78 (McPherons, Victoria Roubideaux).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victoria find when she gets home after work?
(a) Her mother left town.
(b) The house has been broken into.
(c) The house is on fire.
(d) She is locked out.
2. Why do Ike and Bobby go to the train station?
(a) To watch for their father.
(b) To watch a train with a new type of diesel engine come into the station.
(c) To take the metro train to school.
(d) To get newspapers for their delivery route.
3. What is the purpose of the chutes at the McPherons' place?
(a) To direct water to outlying fields.
(b) To vaccinate the cattle individually.
(c) To seperate the stallion from the mares.
(d) To separate the rams from the ewes.
4. What do they decide to do to the nervous cow?
(a) Vaccinate it where it is.
(b) Choose it for the slaughter house.
(c) Leave it be.
(d) Tranquilize it.
5. What does a panicked cow do?
(a) Gets stuck in a fence.
(b) Kicks Ike.
(c) Kicks Tom.
(d) Runs around in circles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the barber ask Ike and Bobby about their mother?
2. With whom does Maggie Jones live?
3. Where does Victoria spend the night?
4. What does Ike and Bobby's mother say when the two boys check on her?
5. Why does Tom Guthrie have to see Lloyd Crowder?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)