|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rieux weep?
(a) For the loss of his friend and for his own medical impotence.
(b) He misses his wife.
(c) He feels he has wasted his life.
(d) His mother is ill.
2. What is happening across the road from Grand's building?
(a) There is a fire.
(b) Someone is threatening to commit suicide.
(c) Someone is firing shots into the street.
(d) Someone has taken a hostage onto the roof.
3. Which character cannot be saved by the serum?
(a) M. Grand.
(b) Mme. Rieux.
(c) M. Othon.
(d) M. Cottard.
4. What becomes the last resort for disposal of corpses?
(a) Taken to a new cemetery in the desert.
(c) Mass burial.
(d) Burial at sea.
5. Who is the worst affected emotionally when the patient dies?
(a) M. Tarrou
(b) M. Othon
(c) Dr. Rieux.
(d) Fr Paneloux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What error does Rieux think he has made?
2. What happens when the man shoots into the street?
3. What additional friendship has Tarrou made?
4. Where is Grand taken for treatment?
5. Tarrou's opinion of Grand is:
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Cottard shown to be different from other characters in The Plague?
2. What is the significance of M. Grand's struggle against the plague in Part 4 Chapter 7?
3. How is it possible for Cottard to help Rambert?
4. Which characters now volunteer as plague workers?
5. Has Cottard really gained from his profiteering during the plague?
6. Why is there a steady supply of workers taking care of burials?
7. What is the situation in the camps for people in quarantine?
8. In Part 4 Chapter 3, what is the situation regarding the plague serum?
9. Do you think Dr. Castel's serum is likely to be of help?
10. Why cannot jubilation be complete at this point (Part 5 Chapter 1)?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)