|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Having made his decision, what must Rambert now give up?
(a) His job at the newspaper.
(b) Happiness with his wife.
(c) His nationality/citizenship.
(d) A large income.
2. What is different about Tarrou's journal at this point?
(a) It is written in red ink.
(b) It is harder to read and not so well organised.
(c) He writes only on every second line.
(d) It is full of fantasy.
3. Where is Grand taken for treatment?
(a) A military hospital.
(b) Rieux and Tarrou look after him at home.
(c) Dr Rieux's home.
(d) The Catholic hospital.
4. Who does Rieux confide in?
(b) His mother.
(c) Fr Paneloux
5. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
(a) The food is sent in by the Red Cross and dropped from helicopters.
(b) By donkey.
(c) Via small electric trucks.
(d) The food is provided by relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what activity has Cottard become involved?
2. Who is the worst affected emotionally when the patient dies?
3. What is Tarrou's opinion of his fellow human beings?
4. Why are many families not allowed to attend the funerals of loved ones?
5. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason for Rambert's decision?
2. In what ways do Tarrou's plague symptoms first appear?
3. Has Cottard really gained from his profiteering during the plague?
4. Account for Cottard's behavior in Part 5 Chapter 5.
5. How is it possible for Cottard to help Rambert?
6. Comment on the change in M. Othon.
7. How can we tell that Tarrou is a force for good in the town?
8. Which characters now volunteer as plague workers?
9. What is the effect of the child's death upon the other characters?
10. What choice does Rambert make in Part 4 Chapter 2?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)