|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the man shoots into the street?
(a) A young woman is killed.
(b) A dog is killed.
(c) He runs out of ammunition.
(d) Grand is killed.
2. Who is the gunman whom the police arrest?
(b) The asthma patient.
(c) A municipal employee.
(d) Raymond Rambert.
3. What is preventing Rieux's visit to Grand and Cottard?
(a) A police directive.
(b) He has to look after his mother.
(c) A police cordon.
(d) He is worried about wasting more time.
4. Where is M. Othon quarantined?
(a) His home.
(b) A hospital.
(c) In the city jail.
(d) A camp.
5. What does Rambert anticipate happening when he meets his wife again?
(a) Things will be over between them.
(b) He has changed, so will reject her.
(c) She will worry that he has lost weight.
(d) Instant happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prefect order?
2. To what does Tarrou compare lawyers and judges?
3. Why do workers take on the risky business of burying plague victims?
4. What is the result of this treatment?
5. What important experience shaped Tarrou's view of capital punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways do Tarrou's plague symptoms first appear?
2. What is the reason for Rambert's decision?
3. Comment on the change in M. Othon.
4. What do you think has led Dr. Rieux to unburden himself to Grand?
5. What is the significance of M. Grand's struggle against the plague in Part 4 Chapter 7?
6. In what way is Cottard shown to be different from other characters in The Plague?
7. What is Tarrou's philosophy?
8. What drastic developments are depicted in Part 3 Chapter 1?
9. How is it possible for Cottard to help Rambert?
10. Do you think Dr. Castel's serum is likely to be of help?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)