|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Fr Paneloux assisted the community during the plague?
(a) He has said Mass every day.
(b) He has worked in hospitals.
(c) He has preached supportive sermons.
(d) He has researched ancient inscriptions for plague remedies.
2. Which other character does Tarrou discuss in this part of his journal?
(a) M. Cottard.
(b) M. Othon.
(c) Fr, Paneloux.
(d) M. Grand.
3. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
(a) The death rate drops dramatically.
(b) The death rate becomes steady,
(c) The death rate climbs dramatically.
(d) People die only every second day.
4. In what activity has Cottard become involved?
(a) Volunteering to assist in the fight against the plague.
(b) Writing a novel.
(c) Running guns to Mardeilles.
(d) Smuggling. (Profiteering from the plague.)
5. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
(a) Via small electric trucks.
(b) By donkey.
(c) The food is provided by relatives.
(d) The food is sent in by the Red Cross and dropped from helicopters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the situation with food supply?
2. How does Rieux encourage Tarrou?
3. How is Rambert's wife arriving?
4. Who does Rieux confide in?
5. How do his friends try to help Grand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What drastic developments are depicted in Part 3 Chapter 1?
2. What choice does Rambert make in Part 4 Chapter 2?
3. Comment on the change in M. Othon.
4. What is the situation in the camps for people in quarantine?
5. Comment on the 'reality' behind the phenomenon of the Oran people, now free of the plague, walking the streets.
6. Explain the significance of The Plague's final paragraph.
7. Explain the poignancy of Dr. Rieux's walk through the streets.
8. What do you think has led Dr. Rieux to unburden himself to Grand?
9. How are local printing firms and newspapers able to profit by people's fear of the plague?
10. Which characters now volunteer as plague workers?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)