|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Rieux give for writing his tale of the plague in Oran?
(a) To warn people about rats.
(b) So everyone will know what an important person he has been.
(c) As a gift for his mother and in memory of his wife.
(d) As a record of those who were determined to resist the plague and heal its victims.
2. Which voice is now telling the story?
(a) Raymond Rambert.
(b) The original narrator.
(c) Joseph Grand.
(d) Rieux's mother.
3. Which trio of men develop a close friendship?
(a) Rieux, Fr, Paneloux and Rambert
(b) Tarrou, Othon and Cottard.
(c) Rieux, Tarrou and Grand.
(d) Cottard, Rieux and Cottard.
4. What news does his mother give to Rieux?
(a) That Tarrou is sick.
(b) That she is leaving for Paris.
(c) That the trains are running again.
(d) That she is sick.
5. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
(a) Because reporters have been threatened if they tell the truth.
(b) Because the editors have given instructions to print happy stories.
(c) Because the authorities have given instructions to do that.
(d) Because the reporters are unaware of the true situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the worst affected emotionally when the patient dies?
2. What is different about Tarrou's journal at this point?
3. What decison does Rambert make?
4. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
5. What strongly motivates Rambert's plan to escape.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)