|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening across the road from Grand's building?
(a) There is a fire.
(b) Someone is threatening to commit suicide.
(c) Someone has taken a hostage onto the roof.
(d) Someone is firing shots into the street.
2. How is M. Othon's predicament solved?
(a) Rambert threatens to write a news article about it.
(b) Rieux intervenes and sorts things out.
(c) The mislaid paperwork is found.
(d) The Prefect intervenes and sorts things out.
3. With what does Dr. Rieux treat this patient?
(a) Dr. Castel's serum.
(b) An ancient garlic compound.
(c) Mustard plasters and cupping.
4. How does Rieux find out about his wife's condition?
(a) He calls the house physician.
(b) He writes to the sanatorium,
(c) He sends a telegram.
(d) He calls his wife.
5. What is Dr. Castel's work?
(a) He is a hospital administrator and Dr. Rieux's boss.
(b) Treating victims of the plague.
(c) Undertaking research about the rat population.
(d) Developing a more effective plague serum.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Dr. Rieux confess?
2. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
3. What does Rieux tell Rambert?
4. What is taking place in the town?
5. When did Tarrou's mother die?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)