|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cottard's reaction to the officials?
(a) He asks them to join him for dinner.
(b) He tells them he has plague.
(c) He flees.
(d) He offers them cigarettes.
2. What happens on January 25th?
(a) There is a parade with fireworks.
(b) The city gates are reopened.
(c) Authorities announce that the epidemic is over.
(d) Dr. Rieux turns 40.
3. What is happening across the road from Grand's building?
(a) Someone has taken a hostage onto the roof.
(b) There is a fire.
(c) Someone is threatening to commit suicide.
(d) Someone is firing shots into the street.
4. Who is now an important plague victim?
(a) M. Othon's little boy.
(b) Dr. Rieux's mother.
(c) M Othon's wife.
(d) Dr. Castel.
5. When did Tarrou's mother die?
(a) When Tarrou was ten.
(b) Ten years previously.
(c) When Tarrou was fifteen.
(d) Two years previously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ecomes general secretary to the squads of volunteers?
2. Which character cannot be saved by the serum?
3. What was Tarrou's father's occupation?
4. What does the Prefect order?
5. What important experience shaped Tarrou's view of capital punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tarrou's philosophy?
2. What choice does Rambert make in Part 4 Chapter 2?
3. What is unusual about Tarrou's illness?
4. Why cannot jubilation be complete at this point (Part 5 Chapter 1)?
5. Explain the nature of the irony in the beginning of Part 5 Chapter 3.
6. What drastic developments are depicted in Part 3 Chapter 1?
7. What do you think has led Dr. Rieux to unburden himself to Grand?
8. What sort of man was Jean Tarrou's father?
9. What gives the people cause for hope in Part 5 Chapter 1?
10. What is the significance of M. Grand's struggle against the plague in Part 4 Chapter 7?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)