|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Tarrou's mother die?
(a) When Tarrou was ten.
(b) When Tarrou was fifteen.
(c) Two years previously.
(d) Ten years previously.
2. What seems to be an important factor in the reduction of plague deaths?
(a) The change in the weather.
(b) Dr. Rieux's careful treatment of his patients.
(d) Dr. Castel's serum, which is now more effective.
3. How has Fr Paneloux assisted the community during the plague?
(a) He has worked in hospitals.
(b) He has researched ancient inscriptions for plague remedies.
(c) He has said Mass every day.
(d) He has preached supportive sermons.
4. What is the situation with food supply?
(a) There is no more flour for brioche.
(b) Food needs to be imported.
(c) It is thought that this will soon improve.
(d) The town is about to run out of food.
5. What happens when Rieux tries to get Grand into the car?
(a) Grand takes the car keys and runs away.
(b) Grand hits him.
(c) Rieux has to hit him to make him keep quiet.
(d) Grand runs away, then falls over.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what activity has Cottard become involved?
2. What reason does Rieux give for writing his tale of the plague in Oran?
3. How is Rambert's wife arriving?
4. Who makes a rueful observance about the feast day?
5. How is food distributed to the people in the camp?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)