|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tarrou and Rieux very conscious of their isolation?
(a) Looking at a full moon.
(b) The fact that they never get mail from the outside world.
(c) The view from the terrace at the asthma patient's home.
(d) The silences at night.
2. What is taking place in the town?
(b) Street races.
(c) Joyful celebration.
(d) People are visiting graves of plague victims.
3. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
(a) The death rate drops dramatically.
(b) The death rate climbs dramatically.
(c) People die only every second day.
(d) The death rate becomes steady,
4. Where is Grand taken for treatment?
(a) The Catholic hospital.
(b) Rieux and Tarrou look after him at home.
(c) Dr Rieux's home.
(d) A military hospital.
5. How does Rieux break with policy?
(a) He doesn't tell the Prefect that Tarrou is ill.
(b) He treats Tarrou at home.
(c) He engages an expensive private nurse for Tarrou.
(d) He smuggles in an experimental serum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Rieux give for writing his tale of the plague in Oran?
2. What decison does Rambert make?
3. When did Tarrou's mother die?
4. What becomes the last resort for disposal of corpses?
5. How is Rambert's wife arriving?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it possible for Cottard to help Rambert?
2. Account for Cottard's behavior in Part 5 Chapter 5.
3. What do you think has led Dr. Rieux to unburden himself to Grand?
4. Account for the difference tenor and content of Fr Paneloux's new sermon, compared with that he gave at the conclusion of the Week of Prayer.
5. Explain the significance of The Plague's final paragraph.
6. What is unusual about Tarrou's illness?
7. In what way is Cottard shown to be different from other characters in The Plague?
8. What is the reason for Rambert's decision?
9. In what ways do Tarrou's plague symptoms first appear?
10. Which characters now volunteer as plague workers?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)