|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be an important factor in the reduction of plague deaths?
(a) Dr. Rieux's careful treatment of his patients.
(b) Dr. Castel's serum, which is now more effective.
(c) The change in the weather.
2. Where is Grand taken for treatment?
(a) Dr Rieux's home.
(b) A military hospital.
(c) Rieux and Tarrou look after him at home.
(d) The Catholic hospital.
3. With whom is Fr Paneloux billeted?
(a) An old woman.
(b) Cardinal Richelieu.
(c) Dr. Rieux.
(d) M. Cottard.
4. What is the choice Fr Paneloux talks about in his sermon?
(a) Treating the plague or letting it run its course in patients.
(b) Losing faith or sacrificing oneself for it.
(c) Choice between a secular and a religious life.
(d) Trusting God or trusting in yourself and Science.
5. What target audience has Fr Paneloux for his special sermon?
(c) The medical community.
(d) The plague wrkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Rieux give for writing his tale of the plague in Oran?
2. What happens when the man shoots into the street?
3. Why does Tarrou go home with Cottard?
4. Who ecomes general secretary to the squads of volunteers?
5. How does Rieux encourage Tarrou?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)