|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other character does Tarrou discuss in this part of his journal?
(a) M. Grand.
(b) M. Cottard.
(c) Fr, Paneloux.
(d) M. Othon.
2. What additional friendship has Tarrou made?
(a) With Fr Paneloux.With the Prefect.
(b) With Rambert.
(c) With Cottard.
3. How does the city government respond to looting?
(a) Martial law and a curfew are imposed.
(b) Looters are shot on sight.
(c) All police leave is cancelled.
(d) Martial law is imposed and shops are boarded up at night.
4. Why does Tarrou go home with Cottard?
(a) Cottard insists.
(b) Cottard is unwell.
(c) He is invited for dinner.
(d) Cottard has a present for him.
5. How does Rieux find out about his wife's condition?
(a) He calls the house physician.
(b) He sends a telegram.
(c) He calls his wife.
(d) He writes to the sanatorium,
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Rieux receive next day?
2. What does Rambert anticipate happening when he meets his wife again?
3. Why does Rieux weep?
4. Who makes a rueful observance about the feast day?
5. What important experience shaped Tarrou's view of capital punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Comment on the 'reality' behind the phenomenon of the Oran people, now free of the plague, walking the streets.
2. Do you think Dr. Castel's serum is likely to be of help?
3. Which characters now volunteer as plague workers?
4. What is Tarrou's philosophy?
5. Why cannot jubilation be complete at this point (Part 5 Chapter 1)?
6. What is the situation in the camps for people in quarantine?
7. How is it possible for Cottard to help Rambert?
8. Comment on the change in M. Othon.
9. Explain the poignancy of Dr. Rieux's walk through the streets.
10. In Part 4 Chapter 3, what is the situation regarding the plague serum?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)